/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al-Sadr flees to Iran

Keltoi
02-14-2007, 02:44 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/...i_ea/sadr_iran

Not sure of the significance of this, but I thought it was interesting. Perhaps the Iraqi government is truly starting to crack down on the Shia militias. Any thoughts on what this means for the overall situation in Iraq?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imaad_udeen
02-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Good.

Dawud_uk
02-14-2007, 11:07 AM
the iraqi government is the main shi'a party and its militia, they are now attacking the smaller one of sadr to destroy a rival power base for shi'a islam in iraq.

Abu Abdullah

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I saw this too, I wonder what his plans are from Iran, do you think he could be gathering weapons or weapon technology, or is he just running in fear?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
02-14-2007, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
I saw this too, I wonder what his plans are from Iran, do you think he could be gathering weapons or weapon technology, or is he just running in fear?
Good question. My gut tells me he isn't running in fear. Maliki has good relations with the man by most accounts.

MTAFFI
02-14-2007, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Good question. My gut tells me he isn't running in fear. Maliki has good relations with the man by most accounts.
i would agree

wilberhum
02-14-2007, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Fear, not a chance.
If caught he can't fight and kill people, besides he would become powerless.
I'm sure Iran will help, even more than they do now, to make him more powerfull.

north_malaysian
02-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Maliki has good relations with the man by most accounts.
Maybe al Maliki helped him to flee to IRan...

root
02-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Iran's Poodle in Iraq runs back to his master eh, (heel boy) lol

Isaac
02-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Could Al-Sadr from Iran control his Mahdi Army, finance it and supply it with weapons openly, and gain unpopular ctiticism from America. All the more reason to get on Iran's case. Harbouring a terrorist?:D

NobleMuslimUK
02-16-2007, 01:21 AM
I am shocked any country accepted this nutter. He's a shia nutter, now we know where Iran's loyalties lie. Its even more outrageous this coward calls himself mahdi. I know hes hiding from the Iraqi warriors keeping westerners at bay and dealing with cowards like him.
How can Chalabi jalebi run Iraq, he's been an exile for 20+ years.

arabiyyah
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
He has the blood of thousands of sunnis on his hands.

Zulkiflim
02-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Salaam,

Again it is funny the way the media couched the words..

Fled,escaped,run..

and from the opposite side

Visit,invited,...LOLOL

So what does it matter if Sadr went to Iran?

Propaganda
You cna just imagine,,,this jut after the US accused Iran of supplying weapon to kill US troops.

And they balme the Shia,and now the greatest threat from the Shia to the US,Moqtada went to iran..

Wow..Iraq all over again,and again the muslim are split..

I would say that Iran supplying weapon to protect and fight the invaders is right and justified.

wilberhum
02-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I would say that Iran supplying weapon to protect and fight the invaders is right and justified.
What will a Al-Sadr victory do for Iran? More Sunnis deaths? Help create a country where Sunnis are second class citizens?

sudais1
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
:offtopic: Yesterday here in Canada I was Watching i think ER Baghdad On CBC. It was crazy some shia women was asking " were Is Saddam, Bring back Saddam". She said Saddam's terror was better than random bombs going off everywhere. The Men in the Car were the same. They said every time they want to close a road the Americans end up opening it then more people die. He claimed the sooner the Americans leave the faster the Iraqi's will make peace amongst themselves.

wilberhum
02-20-2007, 05:48 PM
He claimed the sooner the Americans leave the faster the Iraqi's will make peace amongst themselves.
I'm sure al-Qaeda will ensure peace.

sudais1
02-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Listen there is no point for civil war amongst Muslims . Americans are to blame for Iraq chaos

Keltoi
02-21-2007, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sudais1
Listen there is no point for civil war amongst Muslims . Americans are to blame for Iraq chaos
There is no point, I agree. So why are they doing it?, and what did the U.S. do, besides bring down their dictator, to force them into killing each other? There is plenty of blame to go around, but in the end the fault lies with those who have embraced chaos instead of stability.

imaad_udeen
02-21-2007, 03:25 AM
If we are levying out responsibility for ths current civil war in Iraq, the first names mentioned should be Saddam Hussein (for massacres and subjugation of Shi'a) and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (for terrorist attacks at Shi'a civilians) .

wilberhum
02-21-2007, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
If we are levying out responsibility for ths current civil war in Iraq, the first names mentioned should be Saddam Hussein (for massacres and subjugation of Shi'a) and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (for terrorist attacks at Shi'a civilians) .
Well stated.

Skillganon
02-21-2007, 06:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
What about the kaafirs like Bush (america), Blair(Brit) and the Zionist state?

wilberhum
02-21-2007, 06:34 AM
Zionist state
Now we have Israel in Iraq? Is there anything that you disagree with that Israel isn't involved with?

Skillganon
02-21-2007, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Now we have Israel in Iraq? Is there anything that you disagree with that Israel isn't involved with?
If one read the statement you will find that I never said the Zionist state is in Iraq. The Zionist state is in palestian.
Neiter did I said wheter The Zionist state is directly/indirectly involve or not.

wilberhum
02-21-2007, 06:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
If one read the statement you will find that I never said the Zionist state is in Iraq. The Zionist state is in palestian.
Neiter did I said wheter The Zionist state is directly/indirectly involve or not.
The implication comes through loud and clear. :mad: :mad:

Skillganon
02-21-2007, 06:44 AM
playing:
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
The implication comes through loud and clear. :mad: :mad:
:thumbs_do

north_malaysian
02-21-2007, 06:46 AM
I am blaming it on politicians...... whoever they are....

Akil
02-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if the US pulls out of Iraq everyone dies.

The Kurds will claim independence, which will prompt a war with Turkey

The Sunni minority will turn to Al Quida, Saudi Arabia and Egypt for support

The Shia will turn to Iran for support

Then you’ll have a full on proxy war fought in Iraq between the major Sunni powers and Iran.

Religious and ethnic minorities like the Assyrians will die in the cross fire

When the US took out Saddam we created a power vacuum and we're stuck here until we can plug it with something that doesn’t kill, maim or subjugate.

Ninth_Scribe
03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070214/...i_ea/sadr_iran

Not sure of the significance of this, but I thought it was interesting. Perhaps the Iraqi government is truly starting to crack down on the Shia militias. Any thoughts on what this means for the overall situation in Iraq?
Or perhaps this means he watched the Numb3rs episode (The O.G.) and needs some time off to think :nervous:

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
03-02-2007, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akil
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if the US pulls out of Iraq everyone dies.
History does not agree with your assessment. The leaders of these sects are very capable of cutting deals and bartering. They've done it for hundreds of years and there isn't a single thing stopping them from doing it again - except a ton of outside intererence from the U.S. and several other countries.

You write: When the US took out Saddam we created a power vacuum and we're stuck here until we can plug it with something that doesn’t kill, maim or subjugate.

Um, I refuse to listen to that statement in any serious mind-set considering how much killing, maiming and subjugating the American effort is responsible for.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
03-02-2007, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Then I'll say it. Yes, Israel was involved in Iraq, but this was a provoked action. Their interests do not concern Iraq in a general sense. But the way they solved their problem was disgraceful, not that this is anything new.

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.