/* */

PDA

View Full Version : George Macdonald and salvation

GreatLoveJesus
02-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Salam and hello

What are the people's thoughts on the following, quote by one Christian in the Ummah forum:

Quote:
I have just read a very interesting quote for two from one Christian who believes ultimately all will be saved.. His name is George Macdonald..

this is one quote I think is worth thinking about

Primarily, God is not bound to punish sin; he is bound to destroy sin.

I'm interested in people's thoughts on this.. then will post the rest of the quote.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
brenton
02-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure George MacDonald would say all will be heaven (he is talking about eternal life, not salvation), but he is somewhat of a universalist.

Malaikah
02-14-2007, 12:15 PM
:sl:

Obviously sin will be destroyed when the universe is destroyed, the concept of sin only exists in this life doesn't it?

It is impossible to sin in paradise, and those in hell will be too busy being tortured...

So, eventually, sin is both punished and destroyed isn't it?

GreatLoveJesus
02-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure George MacDonald would say all will be heaven (he is talking about eternal life, not salvation), but he is somewhat of a universalist.
But if he were to say many will be suffering in an eternal life, then the situation is one wherein the people are being punished, not destroyed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brenton
02-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Sorry, I meant "eternal life" as in heaven. Salvation is a Christian experience only; George MacDonald is arguing that Eternal Life (not salvation) may be broader.

Re.TiReD
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Primarily, God is not bound to punish sin; he is bound to destroy sin.
you can punish sin and that will lead to it's destruction..iT'S interesting actually...

how about this....

Primarily, God is not bound to GIVE life, he is bound to TAKE IT.

Coz it's all about the end result isnt it?

or am I just being silly? :muddlehea

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.