/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Vote for my Jelbab design #259 -if you like it!

onemuslima
02-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Aslam alikum,
I am Asciea elhadi, recently I have participated in the urban jilbab competition, I would like you to take a look at my jelbab #259 tittled The elite jelbab and vote for it genouresly if you like it! ( each heart represents one point) if your intrested please visit this website: http://www.urbanjilbabcompetition.com
Then go to the view section and vote for jelbab # 259 titled The Elite Jelbab. Tell everyone you know , every vote makes a difference!
Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lina
02-14-2007, 12:04 AM
:sl:

What page is it on and which one.

259? are u sure, it only goes to about 100?

Or is it just me?

BlissfullyJaded
02-14-2007, 03:35 AM

I can't find yours sis. Could you post what yours looks like, so we can find it easier? Thanks.

Some pretty nice styles others came up with though.

syilla
02-14-2007, 03:38 AM
we should ask sis recherche' to post hers too ;-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umar001
02-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Please only vote for it if you like it, so the results end up fair Insha'Allah.

snakelegs
02-14-2007, 05:29 AM
yes - which one is it. that site is very slow loading. so, which panel? which row?

onemuslima
02-14-2007, 01:07 PM
salam,
Sorry for the late reply, this how you vote:

Vote for Asciea’s Jilbab Design #259 ( if you like it:okay: )- this is how:

First: go to this website http://www.urbanjilbabcompetition.com/
second: you will find several tabs at the bottom of the page click on the view button.
third: Then the view page will appear, you will see several design my design is number #259 titled the elite jelbab. it's positioned the fifth box across in the first row. click on the image, it take a few minutes to load in a pop up window.
fourth: In the pop up window is a huge tab with the word vote will appear as well as the design itself. Then you click on vote and write your name and email. Then you chose as many hearts ( each heart represents one point out of five). you finally submit.

Yes al-habeshi i wan't the voting to be fair so i gave people the choice to vote if they like it ( i mean they don't have to, i just do my part of telling them) But in general i think the voting itself isn't fair cause some have gotten their designs uploaded since the competition started and their voting score is in the thousands, meanwhile mine and many other design where just uploaded a few days ago. Thanks for those who responded and I hope you like my jelbab and vote for it generously!!!

thanks

Far7an
02-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Wa alaikum asalaam.

Voted. Are you going to make these? If so, Alpha and lolly need some more.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-14-2007, 03:02 PM
:salamext:

Threads merged.

Umar001
02-14-2007, 03:08 PM
I dont get one thing, most of the designs have pics which you can see the shapes doesnt that defeat the whole purpose?

sapphire
02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
i didnt kno it was stilll running.....when i voted there was about only 2 pages up....Maybe even less....

voted for urs...was nice Mashallah :) gd luck :thumbs_up

Nazia_hk
02-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Cool designs, muslima, and I loveed yours!! Girl you got some talent.

However, just to add to the point Al Habeshi raised, something I was thinking as well. The whole purpose of wearing the jelbab is not to draw attention. If we have so many designs and competition (well, you know us girls, we'll typically go so and so was wearing such a jilbab) it'll just take away the meaning of modesty. Are they not best when the colors are pale and the design is simple?

Al_Imaan
02-14-2007, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I dont get one thing, most of the designs have pics which you can see the shapes doesnt that defeat the whole purpose?
^^i agree w/ sis...nazia.....i've never worn a jilbab.....but i think it just looks like that in the drawings......but if its worn and show shapes....then it those defeat the whole purpose......anyways....nice jilbab designs sis....voted for urs.....

UmmSqueakster
02-14-2007, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi

Assalamu Alaikum,

When drawing designs, I've noticed that they will often look like they're fitted, but when they're actually made, they're not so fitted. Silk Route Jelbabs don't look figure hugging when they're made.

Umar001
02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Janaan
Assalamu Alaikum,

When drawing designs, I've noticed that they will often look like they're fitted, but when they're actually made, they're not so fitted. Silk Route Jelbabs don't look figure hugging when they're made.
Wa Aleykum Salam,

Yes, I had hoped that was kind of the case because if we had sisters walking like that i'd be :muddlehea

MashaaAllah its nice to see so many entries.

MinAhlilHadeeth
02-14-2007, 04:28 PM

Why are they called jilbaabs when they are actually abayas? As far as I know, a jilbaab is a garment that starts from the head. The abyaya is more of a gown. (I've always wondered:?)

Pk_#2
02-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Jilbab is jus the gown isn't it

sis i thought an abaya was like a long head covering

like dem Iranian sisters wear em mainly

Hmm...I voted for one

Peace :)

Umm Yoosuf
02-14-2007, 04:44 PM

I can't view any of the pics it just won't load for me. Do you have another link?

Pk_#2
02-14-2007, 04:48 PM
AsalamuAlaykum,

http://www.urbanjilbabcompetition.com/

refresh sis

and read ma pm! LOL

UmmSqueakster
02-14-2007, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah

Why are they called jilbaabs when they are actually abayas? As far as I know, a jilbaab is a garment that starts from the head. The abyaya is more of a gown. (I've always wondered:?)

wa alaikum assalam,

None of the jelbab I have start from the head. I've always seen jelbab as more coatlike overgarmets, where as abayas are more gownlike.

Jelbab

abaya

Umm Yoosuf
02-14-2007, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
AsalamuAlaykum,

http://www.urbanjilbabcompetition.com/

refresh sis

and read ma pm! LOL
:w:

It makes nor difference. Qadr of Allah. Khayr Insha Allah.

I read your PM. I am working on it. Sabr Insha Alllah.

The correct Hijab starts from the head going down. It can either be in two piece or one piece.

youngsister
02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
:sl: Al muminah i keep telling some sisters that it should be from head down but they dont believe me, can you please give me some evidence, so i can just print it and give it to them. :) thanx

Um_ahmad
02-14-2007, 09:49 PM
I love them all, cant decide.....

Umm Yoosuf
02-14-2007, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister
:sl: Al muminah i keep telling some sisters that it should be from head down but they dont believe me, can you please give me some evidence, so i can just print it and give it to them. :) thanx

Yeah sure Ukhti

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ubstitute.html

Also ask sisters to read the Tafsir of Surah al-Ahzab, the ayah about the Hijab Insha Allah.

youngsister
02-14-2007, 11:12 PM
:sl: Jazakallah khair sis:):w:

snakelegs
02-15-2007, 01:49 AM
voted. i hope you win!
thanks zAk for the direct link - that made it much easier.
http://www.urbanjilbabcompetition.co...op.aspx?id=259

onemuslima
02-15-2007, 06:40 AM
salam,
thanks for voting!!! Only the drawing are tight fitting but in our description which comes with every jelbab submitted i mentioned that it should be loose fitting...As for the colours the muslimah dosen't have to wear dark or pale colours only,If we go by the rules of hijab you will find that it could be of any colour as long as it's not flash and too bright and i think my jelbab fits that rule...THnaks once again for the support..and notice that it's position changed in the view page now it third in the second row horizantlly or u could just as br.zak said just enter this link :
http://www.urbanjilbabcompetition.co...op.aspx?id=259
Thanks

salam um ahmed,
You can vote for more than one jelbab , so if you like 'em all you don't have to chose inbetween them.

Thanks nusrat

you might have a problem with ur computer muslimah, so try entering the link in real player...

onemuslima
02-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Yes far7an, the winner design will get designed by silkroute clothing in their next collection, plus the winner will get 1000 pounds to spend in an online islamic fashion house which will be opening soon.

Lina
02-15-2007, 02:01 PM

Voted.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.