/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fastest-growing religion

dream gurl
02-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Islam is the fastest-growing religion. In the United States, for example, nearly 80 percent of the more than 1,200 mosques have been built in the past 12 years.
Just to let ya know dis facts
also, just last week

Macon, Georgia, mayor converts to Islam
POSTED: 2:07 p.m. EST, February 2, 2007
MACON, Georgia (AP) -- Mayor Jack Ellis has converted to Islam and is working to change his legal name to Hakim Mansour Ellis.:rock

Ellis, 61, a Macon native who was raised Christian, said he became a Sunni Muslim during a December ceremony in the west African nation of Senegal.

Ellis said he has studied the Quran for years and that his new religion was practiced by his ancestors before they were brought to North America as slaves.

"Why does one become a Christian?" Ellis said Thursday. "You do it because it feels right. ... To me it's no big deal. But people like to know what you believe in."

Name-changing by converts is a practice that is considered commendable, though it is typically not required.If anybody wants to know about Islam, I can hold an intelligent conversation," Ellis said. "What I've found is how little we know about the religion.:inshallah: may god bless him:Crescent:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/02/mac....ap/index.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
02-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Mashallah, May Allah SWT show others to the straight path as well...........ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.