/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Purity of the Eyes and Ears

brother_rk
02-16-2007, 09:59 PM
:sl:

In all honesty, I'm still trying to figure out the whole music/movies business. It's quite confusing because of all the differences in opinion, but in light of avoiding doubtful activities, I think it would be useful if we could all compile a list of music (nasheeds), movies, cartoons, TV shows, etc. that we have watched and feel (to the best of our knowledge) that it is not doubtful in terms of what is safely permitted (i.e. not doubtful in terms of content)

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin, so I'm going to cheat :smile:

----- Updated List -----

Quran
Qari-Basit Dua'ah

Movie
The Message
The Night of Power

Nasheed
Dawud Ali
Ahmed Bukhatir

If there are any entries to the list that are mistakes or see you differently, speak up. What I'll do is compile a complete list and keep updating it here once we get some more entries.............. if any, lol :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
02-16-2007, 10:04 PM
salamualikum.
so what you want me to do here blud?
Ma'assalama

brother_rk
02-16-2007, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salamualikum.
so what you want me to do here blud?
Ma'assalama
Just put the name of a movie, cartoon, show, song, singer, etc. that you've heard or watched that you feel is not doubtful in terms of content. That's it. :)

Salam.

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brother_rk
Just put the name of a movie, cartoon, show, song, singer, etc. that you've heard or watched that you feel is not doubtful in terms of content. That's it. :)

Salam.
salamualikum.
ah, blud i don't listen to songs or watch them... erm TV cartoon okay then but FIMBLES :playing:, anywho i think this thread will close down soon allah hu alim, but it's not islamic we don't learn nothing :embarrass
Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brother_rk
02-17-2007, 10:34 AM
salamualikum.
ah, blud i don't listen to songs or watch them... erm TV cartoon okay then but FIMBLES :playing:, anywho i think this thread will close down soon allah hu alim, but it's not islamic we don't learn nothing :embarrass
Ma'assalama

The point of this thread was to compile a list of entertainment that IS 7alal. For example, "The Message" or Dawud Ali (no music)... etc. I hope everybody will contribute something, I think it would be useful InshAllah.

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 11:20 AM
salamualikum.
ah, blud i get you now so i would say ''Night of power'' dunno who it is by though saw it on Islam Channel :muddlehea anywho surah dua'ah by Qari-Basit :shade:
Ma'assalama

brother_rk
02-17-2007, 11:47 AM
salamualikum.
ah, blud i get you now so i would say ''Nigh of power'' dunno who it is by though saw it on Islam Channel :muddlehea anywho surah dua'ah by Qari-Basit :shade:
Ma'assalama
Salam, Sister.

Thanks for the contribution, but what categories should I list those under?

IceQueen~
02-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm not saying I've never watched a movie but all movies are full of music and have stuff we shouldn't be looking at- even if its just the face of a guy (sisters) or a woman (brothers)

lol if we ever watch anything we have to control the volume- down when's there's music etc and something to put in front of the screen if something unsuitable pops up (which is always) lol

if one can even watch something properly like that- otherwise don't bother wasting your time

lol try get into activites where you don't sit all day glued to the screen

as for nasheeds -I listen to Ahmed bukhatir sometimes but there's nothing more beautiful than hearing the quran read in a beautiful voice subhanallah

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brother_rk
Salam, Sister.

Thanks for the contribution, but what categories should I list those under?
salamualikum.
okay the ''night of power'' goes into film

Qari-basit Dua'ah goes into Qura'an

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.