/* */

PDA

View Full Version : interest in egypt?..the ancient egypt....click here...

Helena
02-17-2007, 12:01 AM
:w:

some may be aware of my major interest passion for Egypt...this thread is dedicated to Egypt..anything about it....

it could include, history of ancient Egypt, images of objects that represents the history, ...

anybody been to Egypt here?....share ur experience?....( am soo jealous)...inshAllah...

soo get posting inshAllah...

:sl: :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seeker_of_ilm
02-17-2007, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler

some may be aware of my major interest passion for Egypt...this thread is dedicated to Egypt..anything about it....

it could include, history of ancient Egypt, images of objects that represents the history, ...

anybody been to Egypt here?....share ur experience?....( am soo jealous)...inshAllah...

soo get posting inshAllah...

:sl: :D
:sl:

Egypt I could talk about for days, but to sum it up in a word: "Awesome". I went there last summer, and I'm going again this year insha'Allah. I'll post some pics I took tomorrow insha'Allah

But I definitely recommend Egypt as a place to visit

Helena
02-17-2007, 12:10 AM
LOL...same here...i could go on and on about the history as i've studied in my childhood......even thou i havnt been there....

it is one of the place...am hoping to go inshAllah...

will be looking forward to look at ur ppics...send many as possible....the pyramid?..went crusing in the nile?...sphinx?....

soo amzing...did u seen any mummies?...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-17-2007, 12:37 AM
:sl:

The pyramids are basically raised graves and the Sphinx is nothing more than an idol..

Remember these are the remnants of a nation that was destroyed by Allaah so instead of us looking at them and marvelling at them we should use them to increase our Taqwa because these are signs from Allaah.
Remember when the Messenger :arabic5: and his Companions came across the ruins of Thamud?
'Abdullah b. Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said in connection with the people of Hijr (Thamud): Do not enter but weepingly (the habitations) of these people who bad been punished by (Allah), and in case you do not feel inclined to weep, then do not enter (these habitations) that you may not meet the same calamity as had fallen to their lot.
[Muslim]
Ibn Shihab reported, and he had been talking about the stony abodes of Thamud, and he said: Salim b. 'Abdullah reported that 'Abdullah b. Umar said: We were passing along with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) through the habitations of Hijr, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Do not enter but weepingly the habitations of these persons who committed tyranny among themselves, lest the same calamity should fall upon you as it fell upon them. He then urged his mount to proceed quickly and pass through that valley hurriedly.
[Muslim]
Please listen to this Insha'Allah:

http://www.4shared.com/file/10755156...gTheRuins.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
02-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Home of the one of oldest dynasties on Earth. I too enjoy reading about the history of Egypt, from the time of the Golden Age to the years with Rome and Marc Antony.

Keltoi
02-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Which reminds me, I saw a story about some Egyption coin that was unearthed that supposedly showed that Cleopatra was ugly. I think that is probably a good bet since she was the product of several generations of incest, but anyway...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.