/* */

PDA

View Full Version : question abt Niqab

siFilam
02-17-2007, 06:17 AM
:salamext:
First of all I hope I’m using the right the thread. If not, I apologize.
Ok, here is the situation: I attend an university in US. It’s been about three years since I started wearing Niqab. Alhamdulilah no one at my University ever disrespected me in anyway about my Niqab and I haven’t received any problems from any professors or school administrators. Of course, people stare, but that’s expected. I don’t mind. But I feel scared that I won’t be able to explain it properly if someone finally asks me why I wear it. So please help, how do u explain to the non-Muslims about the Niqab? I want to be ready when someone asks. Jazakallah Khayr in advance.
-SI-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-17-2007, 06:20 AM
:sl:

Well sis u could tell them how u feel when you wear it and why YOU chose to wear it. What it all represents. Ask them why anyone should fear a peice of cloth. You could tell them about how jewelers keep their precious jewels wrapped up cuz their special and unique. keep it from harm. And could say thats how Islam treats us. i gotta jet so i cant go into detail at the moment. good luck! inshallah others will answer you.

btw, this might go better in cyber counseling.

:w:

sevgi
02-17-2007, 06:24 AM
i have no idea so im sorri i cant help u...but i admire the fact that u can wear it...mashallah.im not strong enuf in my iman and i dnt really feel or see a need to..but thats my personal belief.

SophiaCroft
02-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Well what I know is that we ought to wear it because firstly we are commanded by Allah secondly we wear it to please Allah thirdly but most importantly it keeps us safe from attracting the na-mahram males.
Please corrcet me if i said something wrong.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
02-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Salams

This might sound a little weird but it's from a book that i read

In this world, everything that is precious is found hidden, gold is found deep under ground, diamonds are found under volconaoes and anything that is of any value to man is hidden inside bank vaults

So that is why a woman should cover herself, because she is precious.

Finally It is the command of Alla SWT

cihad
02-17-2007, 10:09 AM
^yeah your right .and so that people can respect you and not treat you like ..dirt/an object

oh and that people will judge you on your intellect rather than what you look like

Snowflake
02-17-2007, 10:16 AM
^MashaAllah Abdullah br...

sis, I wore nikaab when I was married and was asked the same q once by a non muslim male. I explained to him that it was my choice, because I wanted to keep myself for my husband's eyes only. He was really impressed and said that was really nice. Bless.

I then took advantage of that and reminded him of how jealous guys feel when their women go out dressed up in revealing clothes and other men stare at them. He acknowleged that this was true. He looked so impressed that I thought he might go home and tell his gf/mrs to start wearing nikaab.

A simple answer that you like to keep your beauty hidden from the lustful gaze of men will do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.