/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I cant stop going back.

anonymous
02-17-2007, 04:29 PM
SALAAM

I am becoming a slave to my desires, im slipping so fast, all this influence that im living in is seducing me to sin. Im so weak and i dont want to be. Everytime i pick my self up, one little trigger and im back on the ground. My self control is gone and im once again thirsty for sin. I need help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
02-17-2007, 04:40 PM
You're only weak if you convince yourself that you are weak. Once you give up fighting completely, then you are weak. Nobody is making you give up, hence the only thing that stands between you and sin is your conscience.

Believe more in yourself. Believe that you do have the ability to battle against your Nafs.

brother_rk
02-17-2007, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
SALAAM

I am becoming a slave to my desires, im slipping so fast, all this influence that im living in is seducing me to sin. Im so weak and i dont want to be. Everytime i pick my self up, one little trigger and im back on the ground. My self control is gone and im once again thirsty for sin. I need help...
:sl:

First of all, let us all remind ourselves that we are but humans, and sinning is inevitable. My Uncle once told me of a Sheikh that once said that if sins had an odour, he would stink. So no matter how much wisdom one has about Islam, and no matter how practicing they are, they're bound to sin. And Allah Knows Best. Only our beloved Prophet, Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him, is free of sin.

Do not be hard on yourself, but always try your best to stand back up again and fight. We are all bound to slip at times, but it's what happens next that really counts. Do we lay there in self-pity and do nothing about our situation? Or do we remind ourselves of our duty to Allah (SWT) and stand back up again in repentance and fear of The All-Mighty? Allah (SWT) is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful. So do not despair.

Here are some tips which may help you (and they are tips I'm trying to follow myself):

- Make your absolute best effort to pray all your prayers. Do your best to pray on time and always repent to Allah (SWT).

- Be careful who you associate yourself with (i.e. the friends you take), because friends are an incredible source of influence. I truly believe that a real friend, someone worthy of our time, is one who cares for our Akhirah. This is so incredibly important.

- Try to cut down on watching TV and listening to music that excites you. I'm not saying quit cold-turkey, just do not let yourself get sucked into the dream world of TV, movies and music. These three are also very dangerous because they stimulate your innermost desires. So be careful, and try occupying as much time as possible with other activities (i.e. learning more about Islam, studying, reading, sports, hanging out with good friends, spending time with family, etc.).

- No matter what, never stay down. If you fall back into weakness and temptation, pick yourself back up ASAP! This is why having good friends is so important. Because those times you do get weak, they will InshAllah encourage you and serve as a reminder to you.

We are all struggling with our Deen, Friend. It's not easy. It is a war - a war against the shaytan and our nefs (whims, desires, etc.). Do not think that if you go back into your old ways again you cannot turn back to Allah (SWT). If anything, Allah (SWT) LOVES those who turn to Him in sincere repentance and seek refuge in Him.

May Allah (SWT) guide us all. InshAllah my words and advise are correct and if I have made any mistakes, may Allah (SWT) forgive me. My mistakes are mine alone. And Allah Knows Best.

anonymous
02-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Thank you strider.

And thank you bro_rk for perfectly understanding me.

I dont ever want it to feel right when i am sinning or have other people make it feel okay because then there will be nothing to lead me to the right path again. And i always feel so regretfull...

Its so hard. Please make dua'a for me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
02-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Make a sincere dua to Allah subahana wa ta'ala to give you the strenght to fight of these desires. But make sure you do understand that the hardest thing in fighting sin is not resisting temptation but changing your will. Everything depends on what you want. If you want to sin, but have some moral objections, then you will always have a hard struggle. If you don't wan't to sin, but you're weak, then the dua will help you inshaAllah. Remember, Alla subhana wa ta'ala does not place a burden on anyone harder then they can cope with, so if you have a burden in your life, that means you are able to cope with it.

If you don't mind being more specific to the nature of the sins, perhaps we could give you some more specific tips on how to control it inshaAllah.
Either way, I wish you the best, and may Allah subhana wa ta'ala guide you.

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 05:57 PM
salamualikum.
^well said brother_Rk
Ma'assalama

Sabbir_1
02-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Why dont you try and stay away from those things that weaken your iman.. get out of that enviroment.... go to the majid, go to jamaats.. listen to lectures. it will boost your iman..

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 06:14 PM
salamualikum.
^masjid*
anywho if have to open a english translation Qura'an inshallah, along with Qari-Basit, make dua'ah Aka more ibadah inshallah
Ma'assalama

nelly
02-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Nobody is perfect and evey1 commits sins and i also hav slipped up many times. I think it happens to me wen i stop readin quran and if i miss 1 namaz end up missin another then another and so on. Then i start to hav evil intentions and commit sins. Wen u keep at ur prayer and read quran that will prevent u from committin sins.

InToTheRain
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM

Mash'Allah its good to see you have recognised your sins, know its wrong and see the need to stop it. But you now need to take physical actions it seems to make your will stronger and its depends on the sins you are commiting. What have you done to actively counter your sins? For example Have you avoided/gotten rid of things which lead you to that sin? tried fasting to make your will stronger? visiting the mosque and hanging with brothers to elevate your state of Iman?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.