/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Four-legged duckling shocks owner

mohammed farah
02-17-2007, 07:36 PM
An ugly duckling has made waves on a farm - when he was born with four legs. A rare mutation has left eight-day-old Stumpy with two extra legs behind the two he moves around on.

Owner Nicky Janaway, of Warrawee Duck Farm in the New Forest, Hampshire, said she was gobsmacked when she turned Stumpy over to check his sex.

"It was absolutely bizarre. I was thinking 'he's got too many legs' and I kept counting: One, two, three, four,'" she said.

Mrs Janaway said the animal would not survive in the wild.

"He's eating and surviving so far and he is running about with those extra legs acting like stabilisers," she said.

"He's had so much attention he is having a power nap at the moment because he's exhausted but we will making sure he's OK and hopefully he will carry on and survive."

The mutation is rare but cases have been recorded across the world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
02-17-2007, 07:43 PM
It happens - Just like Siamese Twins, all is the will of God

Kittygyal
02-17-2007, 07:45 PM
salamualikum.
ah, ever so sweet that duckling
ma'assalama

Tania
02-18-2007, 05:19 AM
The pollution is affecting the animals too, noy only our earth :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
02-18-2007, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
My thoughts also.

Is this a fore warning as to what we have done to this planet? Have we polluted it so bad with chemicals and radioactive waste that we have reached the point of disrupting the beauty of what has been created for us. Is this how we performed in our roles as caretakers of all that has been entrusted to us.

Sad day when we can mess up even the hatching of a duck.

Muslim Knight
02-18-2007, 06:11 AM
This is creepy.

Some time ago a group of students in Michigan (if I am not mistaken) made a discovery about legless frogs (or was it tadpoles) in the swamp area near their school. It was made known worldwide. The bad effects of DDTs. Weedkillers.

sevgi
02-18-2007, 06:39 AM
:sl:

suhanallah...this jst shows that Allah has the power to create absolutely everything and anything he likes. we should all be happy with what he has given us...as mutilated as we think we are...

:w:

'Abd al-Baari
02-18-2007, 10:20 AM
subhanallah that is amazing although its a bit weird as well

Malaikah
02-19-2007, 06:41 AM

That is soooooo cute mashaallah (except for the extra legs:hiding:)!!!

Why are they calling it ugly for, so mean!:rant:

format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I'm sure mutations existed well before pollution did lol. :p

Muslim Knight
02-19-2007, 11:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

I'm sure mutations existed well before pollution did lol. :p
Sure there are natural mutations but these usually result in premature death. For example, cancers are mutation caused by exposure to certain levels of radiation. Take skin cancer resulting from over time exposure to the sun, without the protection of ozone layer. Mutations caused by chemical pollutions may result in total weirdness like growth of extra finger or vestigial wings.

SATalha
02-19-2007, 11:15 AM
I wonder is the duck will taste any diffirent :muddlehea

Woodrow
02-19-2007, 11:19 AM
The problem is that mutations are occurring more often and over wider ares than they have in the past. It seems to be a strong indication that we have messed up the environment. Allah(swt) is good about sending us signs and warnings when we mess up. Perhaps we should try to determine what all of these mutations mean to us.

Pk_#2
02-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Still cute mashaAllah :)

Peace thanks for that!

Muslim Knight
02-19-2007, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The problem is that mutations are occurring more often and over wider ares than they have in the past. It seems to be a strong indication that we have messed up the environment. Allah(swt) is good about sending us signs and warnings when we mess up. Perhaps we should try to determine what all of these mutations mean to us.
Speaking of mutation, I remember the time when I got this severe dermatitis on my neck. I suffered for three weeks. They call it "kayap ular". Very painful. I almost died because of it. After being cured, I kind of likened it to a mutation because the skin changed color to grayish and it looks like chicken skin without the feathers. It was creepy. I thought I was turning chicken.

Luckily chickens still taste good or I would have given it up altogether.

Chicken rocks! Good night!

Sweetness
02-23-2007, 02:53 AM
That poor little duckling is not ugly! Too cute!

Strzelecki
02-23-2007, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It's true that they are becoming more common. And I feel it's our duty to at least make an effort to reverse what we have done to the Earth.

But, for all we know, this particular birth defact could have been entirely gentic. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.