/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help

Anonymous.92
02-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Salam
i have an english assignment on authority and the individual. i have an idea to do my assignment so i could explain different forms of authority such as government, teachers and religion and explain how they are forms of authority. with individuality i could explain different forms of individuality but what are different forms of individuality? i am totally stumped on idividuality
please help me

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-18-2007, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
Salam
i have an english assignment on authority and the individual. i have an idea to do my assignment so i could explain different forms of authority such as government, teachers and religion and explain how they are forms of authority. with individuality i could explain different forms of individuality but what are different forms of individuality? i am totally stumped on idividuality
please help me

i have an english assignment on authority and the individual

I may be wrong, but I think you are confusing individual with individuality.

I think what is being looked for is the role of the individual under each form of government.

For example:

In a dictatorship the role of the individual is to submit to the needs of the government.

Anonymous.92
02-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the help but that is not it. I havent confused individuality with individual. I have to talk about different forms of authority such as government religion teachers etc. I also have to talk individuals OR individuality. it does not have to be in the same context as authority. That is why i am stumped confusing assignment... thanks anyway

Woodrow
02-19-2007, 11:01 AM
It is weird as individuality is just that. There can not be any types as each person has to be an individual for there to be individuality.

The second you label a form of individuality, it no longer is individual. By identifying individuality you remove the individuality.

I agree that is a confusing assignment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
02-19-2007, 11:05 AM
In essence in individualism each person is hi/her own unique value system with no need for any outside factors. The individual is it's own existance and is not Dependant upon nor responsible to anything except his/her own values.

Anonymous.92
02-24-2007, 09:17 AM
i recently asked my teacher about this assignment and she gave me an example. she said that a person's knowledge contributes to individuality. a person's unique thoughts give them individuality. i need to think up more examples on my own and explain them but i cant think of any. thank you very much woodrow for helping me

Anonymous.92
02-26-2007, 08:06 AM
please somone help this assignment is due real soon

Muslim Woman
02-26-2007, 09:50 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
Salam
please help me
&&

I m not sure if i clearly understood ur question. U may visit links ---i did not read whole posts...giving related links to give u ideas

Islam and individual freedom

http://www.muhajabah.com/islamicblog...lah/004902.php

Basic Human Rights

We have already seen that every man, whether he belongs to this country or that, whether he is a believer or unbeliever, whether he lives in a forest or in a desert, has certain basic human rights simply because he is a human being. We have seen, too, that it is the duty of every Muslim to recognize these rights. They are:

1. The Right To Life

http://www.jamaat.org/islam/HumanRightsBasic.html

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/humanrelations/humanrights

Sanctity And Security Of Private Life:

The Quran has laid down the injunction:
"Do not spy on one another." (49:12)

"Do not enter any houses unless you are sure of their occupant's consent." (24:27)

The Security Of Personal Freedom:

Islam has laid down the principle that no citizen can be imprisoned unless his guilt has been proven in an open court.

To arrest a man only on the basis of suspicion and to throw him into a prison without proper court proceedings and without providing him a reasonable opportunity to produce his defense is not permissible in Islam

Human Rights In Islam

The Right To Participate In The Affairs Of State:

"And their business is (conducted) through consultation among themselves." (42:38)

The "Shura" or the legislative assembly has no other meaning except that the executive head of the government and the members of the assembly should be elected by free and independent choice of the people.

Lastly, it is to be made clear that Islam tries to achieve the above mentioned human rights and many others not only by providing certain legal safeguards but mainly by inviting mankind to transcend the lower level of animal life to be able to go beyond the mere ties fostered by the kinship of blood, racial superiority, linguistic arrogance, and economic privileges.

It invites mankind to move on to a plane of existence where, by reason of his inner excellence, man can realize the ideal of the Brotherhood of man.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!