/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Good Nutrition Guideline, for healthy eating

Abu Ilyas
02-18-2007, 12:41 PM
salamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathu brothers and sisters

I hope everyone are in their best HEALTH and Iman

Here's a guideline to healthy eating, reflecting the following verse in the holy Qur'an:
"O you people! Eat of what is on earth, lawful and good..."(2:168)

Raw Fruits and Vegetables

Fruits and vegetables have high amounts of water, fiber, vitamins and minerals making it easy on your digestive system. Eating more raw than cooked vegetables are better for you because the more they are cooked the less nutrients there are. Cook vegetables with as little water or fat as possible.

Meat and Seafood

Eat fresh meat and seafood with skin and fat removed. Also, eat less of red meat and eat more chicken and fish. This helps in controlling cholesterol.

Food Combinations

Do not eat fruit after any other food or on an empty stomach. Fruits take 20 minutes to digest whereas other food take 1-2 hours. When eaten one after another fruits ferment in the stomach while waiting for other food to digest. This can cause bloating, belching and other non-desirable side effects. It is therefore recommended to eat fruits 20 minutes before your meal or 1-2 hours after your meal. Also, eating protein (dairy food, fish) and carbohydrates (bread, pasta) with salads or raw or lightly steamed vegetables will help prevent or eliminate many common digestive problems.

Drinking Water

Drinking plain water and other forms of fluids such unsweetened fruit juices are the best way to keep the body healthy and functioning properly. Flavored water(e.g. lemon juice added) requires digestion by the body causing extra work to be done by your system. To know how much water you need to stay healthy follow this simple formula: - divide your body weight by 3 - the answer is the number of ounces of plain water you need to drink daily to help your body stay properly hydrated. Thus, by eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, cutting fat in your meat and fish and drinking plenty of water you can maintain a good health. Insha Allah. Also by eating food at the right time, at the right amount you can help to decrease or eliminate many digestive problems. Exercising regularly also helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

May Allah bestow his mercy upon our health! Ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
England
02-19-2007, 12:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noxiouspython
Do not eat fruit after any other food or on an empty stomach.[/B]
If I don't eat fruit after any other food then I would be eating fruit on an empty stomach.... :confused:

I eat healthy at all times anyway. I have an eating disorder of phenylketonuria. I cannot meat, fish, I'm basically a vegan. I eat alot of vegetables and fruit and I have to limit the amount of protein I have a day. I have to weigh my food :rolleyes: At least I cannot get fat :D

Keeps me good looking.... :shade: :D

doorster
02-21-2009, 03:13 PM
http://islamic-world.net/sister/h3.htm
Do not eat fruit after any other food or on an empty stomach
I've been having an apple after every meal eversince I can remember

and when we have dryish meat dishes e.g kebabs, half the plate is full of raw veg and fruit salad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.