/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with the Family

big_lj
02-18-2007, 11:48 PM
I am the only Muslim in my family. Because of my age and the prejudice of my mother against Islam, I have to keep a secret until later. Several times, at dinner, my mother will serve food that is considered haraam, most notably pork. When I say I'd prefer not to eat it, she often times gets very annoyed. What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
02-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Maybe members in similar situations can answer,

i would probaly ignore,

InshaAllah sis Angelz and Bro Eesa can help you!

Take care of youself

make dua,

Peace!

Snowflake
02-19-2007, 12:03 AM
just say you've developed an aversion to it.. or pretend you've become vegetarian.. the other meats your mom serves must be haraam too - right?

big_lj
02-19-2007, 01:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
just say you've developed an aversion to it.. or pretend you've become vegetarian.. the other meats your mom serves must be haraam too - right?
I was considering pretending to be a vegetarian, but I recently found that she isn't all that fond of them, either. Yes, the majority of the meat she serves is haraam. On occasion, she'll buy kosher foods, but it's rare. I'll probably just say I've developed an aversion and I wish to become a vegetarian. That seems to be the most realistic way, beings she has commented on my small meat intake in the past. May Allah bless both of you for helping.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-19-2007, 04:13 PM
I'd hate to advise you to lie to your mother... but you can tell her that meats cause you to feel unwell, which in a way isn't lying since, it makes you ill religiousely and psychologically you can't accept something that is forbidden. Try to approach her when she is in a good mood and in a serious manner. Tell her that she doesn't have to modify her cooking habits to suit you but you wish she's be more understanding with things that don't sit with you too well...
Insha'Allah things will work out to your advantage... be patient

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
:salamext:

you gotta master the art of filling them with scientific mumbo jumbo which puts them offf the haram stuff!!! i use it on all ma kaafir friends and it works wonders!!

Kittygyal
02-19-2007, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by big_lj
I am the only Muslim in my family. Because of my age and the prejudice of my mother against Islam, I have to keep a secret until later. Several times, at dinner, my mother will serve food that is considered haraam, most notably pork. When I say I'd prefer not to eat it, she often times gets very annoyed. What should I do?
Salamualikum.
same things happning to me aswel :cry: but it's me brother && sisterinlaw since me mam left her soul imsad , i ALWAYS say am not hungry i always make an excuse i don't know how long till :cry: :cry:
Ma'assalama

Umar001
02-19-2007, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
:salamext:

you gotta master the art of filling them with scientific mumbo jumbo which puts them offf the haram stuff!!! i use it on all ma kaafir friends and it works wonders!!
I would totally not advise the above LOL :p

I didnt tell my mom for a year or so, and I just didnt eat and said I was not in the mood to eat and so forth.

What you could do is put on some wieght and then tell you mum your gonna lose it off so you need to eat certain foods, which in itself wud not be a lie.

I would be very against lying to her, I would rather persuade you to ask yourself when will the 'RIGHT' time come to tell her about Islam? Whatare you waiting for brother?

Snowflake
02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
I'd hate to advise you to lie to your mother...
Good point, but wouldn't that be allowed in such circumstances. I do agree with what you suggested.. but then isn't pretending to not be muslim also a form of lying?

nelly
02-22-2007, 09:42 AM
wen r u plannin on tellin ur family that u r muslim? wort reliogion do ur family follow?

anonymous
02-24-2007, 11:14 PM
:sl:

Dont mean 2 reply anonymously,
but i guess I will... Due 2 my request of banning my account & felt i really want 2 reply here.
Anywayz, y dont u go out most times for lunch & go off for dinner in a restaurant and dat!
2. Inform your parents 2 bcome a muslim!
What age r u if u dont mind me Askin?:rollseyes

:w:

anonymous
02-24-2007, 11:19 PM
^^^ post above!
Im not banned but banned bcoz i asked BTW until my GCSE's end!!:statisfie

Um_ahmad
02-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Just tell them you have high cholestorol.lol or take a meal with you from a local halal restraunt and tell them lets try something new.

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-24-2007, 11:45 PM
dont say to lie your mother.if I were you,I said her that I am muslim

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.