/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A part of me has died...

anonymous
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
:sl:

My iman has died, completely.. especially over the past 2-3 weeks, I hate myself for it, i honestly do. As much as I try to bring it back up it doesn't work. I've become lazy and so bad that I don't even pray or if i do it's not even done properly. I ask myself questions "If i can be bothered to go out, then why can't I be bothered to pray" etc etc but I don't change.. What do I do brothers and sisters... I hate being like this.. I want to be a good muslim but I can't be :( Doesn't Allah want me to be a good muslim? Is this why he is testing me? How do I bring my Imaan back up high, more higher than ever before.. Please give me as many tips on what to do, and i promise I will pray for all of you thank you.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
02-19-2007, 03:08 PM
:sl: okayyyyy...long question....here's what i think....

1) Allah tests those that He LOVES
2) I think most of us have probz felt really low at one point or another...and we DO get over it :)
3) Du'aa is the weopen of a believer..use it ;)
4) Hurdles and difficulties are there to overcome...not lose hope over :)
5) You hate being like this? at least you're aware of your problem..that's the first step tpo sorting it insha'Allah :)
6) suround yourself with those who remind you of Islam
7) Make an extra effort to pray and make Du'aa
8) When you can't be bothered think of what is waiting for you in the Akhirah

and lastly....

9) Life is a test so it's bound to be hard....May Allah make it easier for ua all. Ameen :)

hope that helped... :w:

- Qatada -
02-19-2007, 03:08 PM
:wasalamex

I think you need to do similar things to what you did to gain that high emaan in the first place.. i know it seems hard because you can't be bothered to get back up the ladder, but try learning about islaam again, focus on learning new things because when a person gives up on that, thats when you find the other aspects hard.

Try checking these threads out insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...-dont-sad.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...dying-out.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-andalusi.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...softeners.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...s-archive.html

Insha'Allaah you'll see a change, but that can only happen if you take that first step. So try making dua' to Allaah because i've noticed that the times when emaan gets really low is when the contact with Allaah has been limited or cut down. So continuously turn to Allaah for help, in supplication etc. I've noticed the longer i keep that contact, the longer lasting the emaan is. And by doing newer activities for the sake of Allaah, you don't get bored of it.. because you always got something new on your mind, while having the contact with Allaah to help you through whatever you need to do.

Tanya Khan
02-19-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

My iman has died, completely.. especially over the past 2-3 weeks, I hate myself for it, i honestly do. As much as I try to bring it back up it doesn't work. I've become lazy and so bad that I don't even pray or if i do it's not even done properly. I ask myself questions "If i can be bothered to go out, then why can't I be bothered to pray" etc etc but I don't change.. What do I do brothers and sisters... I hate being like this.. I want to be a good muslim but I can't be :( Doesn't Allah want me to be a good muslim? Is this why he is testing me? How do I bring my Imaan back up high, more higher than ever before.. Please give me as many tips on what to do, and i promise I will pray for all of you thank you.

I've become like that, I can't even wake up in the mornings and the worst thing is, if I think to myself, 'I better get up and pray' I lose my motivation straight away because I have no hope I start thinking things like, 'Why do i have to pray when i'm so unhappy and people who have all the happiness in the world don't even pray, they probably only pray once a year during Ramazan', or things like, 'I'm so depressed, if I pray, i'll feel better for like 30 mins and then i'll be miserable again', I lose it and then don't feel like praying, I don't know how to get that energy back, I feel so dead and lazy.imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Re.TiReD
02-19-2007, 03:18 PM
'Why do i have to pray when i'm so unhappy and people who have all the happiness in the world don't even pray, they probably only pray once a year during Ramazan'

I used to think that....ALOT of the time.....that the people who have it easy dont seem to pray so maybe if i dont I'll be happy too...But Ukhtee...what I realised is that Allah tests us all in different ways...and we gotta come to terms with that and accept it. The difficulties a believer goes thorugh is nothing but an expiation of his sins insha'Allah :w:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2007, 03:27 PM
i use to think that the people who have it easy will have one hard time in the akhirah, and i use to feel sry 4 em

:wasalamex :uuh:

:uuh:

Re.TiReD
02-19-2007, 03:33 PM
^^ true..I think we need to live with the Akhirah in mind Insha'Allah. May Allah strenghthen your Imaan sis Tanya and Anony :w:

Tanya Khan
02-19-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i use to think that the people who have it easy will have one hard time in the akhirah, and i use to feel sry 4 em

:wasalamex :uuh:

:uuh:

What if i'm having it hard now, and I still have Hell waiting for me? If it's hard for me now, I don't think Akhirah will be any happier for me. :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
02-19-2007, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
What if i'm having it hard now, and I still have Hell waiting for me? If it's hard for me now, I don't think Akhirah will be any happier for me. :cry:
but Allah tests those he loves :)

:salamext:

AnonymousPoster
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM

Stay away from sins. The effect sins have are numerous and one of them is a great lack of Imaan:

http://www.islamicawakening.com/view...?articleID=472
http://www.sunnahonline.com/library/...ation/0111.htm

------
02-21-2007, 10:03 AM

Subhan\\\'Allah IbnAbdulHakim bro, well said. Allah swt truly tests those he loves, and the more you are tested in this world, the less burden you will have in the Aakhirah.

\\\"If i can be bothered to go out, then why can\\\'t I be bothered to pray\\\"
You know what bro/sis, that is when the test of Imaan and patience comes in play. InshaAllah pray to Allah swt to guide you, and also carry out some activities with your friends, e.g. discussions about Islam, that will get you thinking about how Islam is such a beautiful and easy religion, InshaAllah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
...I have no hope I start thinking things like, [B]\\\'Why do i have to pray when i\\\'m so unhappy and people who have all the happiness in the world don\\\'t even pray,
Sis Tanya, if you are unhappy, then Insha\\\'Allah get to the source of the unhappiness and try to resolve it. If you cant do that, then pray to Allah with hope and sincerity, and InshaAllah He will help you.

Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat, and they bow down.
[Qur\\\'an, 5:55]

Also, you\\\'ve probably heard this before, but remember this always;
On no soul does Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear.
[Qur\\\'an, 2:286]

Allah swt is testing your faith and Insha\\\'Allah if you have strong faith you can overcome this and your Imaan will come to a \\\'high\\\' again.

Just remember, this world is NOTHING.
\\\"The comparison of the world to the Hereafter is as if you dip a finger in the ocean and then pull it out. So ponder how much water sticks to it.\\\"
Sahih Muslim

That is the value of this world. We can\\\'t even imagine it....just think...

Finally, I thought I would share this with you as well;
People ask why Allah swt does not give the reward of your good deeds in this world. Well, if he gave your reward in this world, then the reward would come to an end as this world is only temporary. This is why Allah gives the reward of your good deeds in the Hereafter as the Hereafter lasts FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER - FOR ETERNITY! and your reward in the Hereafter will never end!

Subhan\\\'Allah!

May Allah help you and give you guidance. Ameen.

InToTheRain
02-21-2007, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I want to be a good muslim but I can't be :( Doesn't Allah want me to be a good muslim?

Can you elaborate on this Brother/Sister? In what way is Allah(SWT) preventing you from being a good Muslim?

Remember that Allah(SWT) has made laws for us and guided us through the Sunnah for our own good, not his own. Allah(SWT) made laws so that we benefit from it and more importantly to keep us away from trouble/harm. If we follow it it will benefit us and if we go astray it only adds to our own loss, if we follow it or not only affects us and not Allah(SWT). Allah(SWT) also says in the Quran:

"On no soul doth Allah place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns and it suffers every ill that it earns..." (Holy Quran : Surah Al-Baqarah, Verse 285)

DAWUD_adnan
02-21-2007, 11:57 AM
Allâh tells us:
“Then remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and do not reject Me” (al-Baqarah 2:152).

Allâh has mentioned gratitude alongside îmân, and has made it clear that He gains nothing from punishing His people if they give thanks to Him and believe in Him:
“What can Allâh gain by your punishment, if you are grateful and you believe?...” (an-Nisâ’ 4:147)

and Allah is Most Mercifull

The rewards of gratitude
The reward of gratitude is unlimited:
“ ...If you are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you...” (Ibrâhîm 14:7)

Tanya Khan
02-21-2007, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr1nc3ss

Subhan\\\'Allah IbnAbdulHakim bro, well said. Allah swt truly tests those he loves, and the more you are tested in this world, the less burden you will have in the Aakhirah.

You know what bro/sis, that is when the test of Imaan and patience comes in play. InshaAllah pray to Allah swt to guide you, and also carry out some activities with your friends, e.g. discussions about Islam, that will get you thinking about how Islam is such a beautiful and easy religion, InshaAllah.

Sis Tanya, if you are unhappy, then Insha\\\'Allah get to the source of the unhappiness and try to resolve it. If you cant do that, then pray to Allah with hope and sincerity, and InshaAllah He will help you.

Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat and give Zakat, and they bow down.
[Qur\\\'an, 5:55]

Also, you\\\'ve probably heard this before, but remember this always;
[Qur\\\'an, 2:286]

Allah swt is testing your faith and Insha\\\'Allah if you have strong faith you can overcome this and your Imaan will come to a \\\'high\\\' again.

Just remember, this world is NOTHING.
\\\"The comparison of the world to the Hereafter is as if you dip a finger in the ocean and then pull it out. So ponder how much water sticks to it.\\\"
Sahih Muslim

That is the value of this world. We can\\\'t even imagine it....just think...

Finally, I thought I would share this with you as well;
People ask why Allah swt does not give the reward of your good deeds in this world. Well, if he gave your reward in this world, then the reward would come to an end as this world is only temporary. This is why Allah gives the reward of your good deeds in the Hereafter as the Hereafter lasts FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER - FOR ETERNITY! and your reward in the Hereafter will never end!

Subhan\\\'Allah!

May Allah help you and give you guidance. Ameen.

I can't bear the pain i'm going through right now, sometimes it feels like i'm slowly dying as I don't even look after myself anymore, it's unbearable. :cry:

------
02-21-2007, 01:34 PM
I can\'t bear the pain i\'m going through right now, sometimes it feels like i\'m slowly dying as I don\'t even look after myself anymore, it\'s unbearable

InshaAllah trust in Allah sis, remember, Allah swt is just testing you, and always remember this;

[Quran, 2:286]

nelly
02-21-2007, 11:31 PM
i definately go through that stage quite often.I did hajj in 2006 and wen i came bak i was practicin fully and try 2 live my life as correct as possible but a stime went on things started 2 change. I think i even stopped prayin coz i was bein lazy. i guess its hard wen u hav no1 around u 2 also encourage u. I live on my own wiv my 2 kids and sumtimes i just 4get about the akhirah.

atheistjames
02-22-2007, 10:15 AM
I tried to offer some helpful advice in this thread, but regrettably it was censored - so I'll just say best of luck, and I hope it works out for you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.