/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

knowledgeseeker
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
salama alaikum

My whole life i've been having dreams..okay most dont make much sense but ive had several dreams of the end of the world and oh and quite recently i had a really distressing dream about myself and i think it something to do with my imaan. I read that people shouldnt mention their bad dreams so i wont but im really scared....is it a warning or is it telling me of what i am to become later on in life.....i just dont know....if anyone of you guys have an explanation please feel free to say anything.

jazakallah kheyr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
02-19-2007, 07:59 PM
:wasalamex

I think you should check this site insha'Allaah:

http://muttaqun.com/dreams.html

I don't think any of us on this forum can interpret dreams so i don't think its a good idea to ask for the meaning. Jazaak Allaahu khayrun.

Umm Yoosuf
02-19-2007, 08:29 PM
:sl:

I wish I could copy this book out for you!

Buy it Insha Allah. It’s a must have.

The Dreamers HandBook Sleep Etiquettes and Dream interpretation in the Light of the Sunnah” By Muhammad Mustafa al-Jibaly

http://www.islamguide.dk/lux/product...roducts_id=768

This book starts by presenting a spiritual understanding of sleep from the Islamic viewpoint, which is followed by guidelines for recommended evening, pre-sleep, night, and morning acts of worship. The conceptual understanding of dreams is laid out next, followed by an analytical study of dreams in the Quran, and of dreams seen by the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and by his companions (R).
The rest of the book deals with dream interpretation, its correct rules and procedures, drills to help understand these rules, and a large glossary of interpreted dream symbols. This, we hope, fulfills two important goals regarding sleep and dreams: It establishes their understanding upon the strong foundation of the Quran and Sunnah, and it eliminates a great deal of superstition that surrounds them. Indeed, from Allah (SWT) alone we seek help and acceptance

Pk_#2
02-19-2007, 09:02 PM
^^ a shiekh/dream interpreter would be better, books can't be THAT reliable, get me. Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
02-20-2007, 12:21 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

format_quote Originally Posted by knowledgeseeker
..if anyone of you guys have an explanation please feel free to say anything...jazakallah kheyr

&&&

To know in details , pl. visit links.

Types of Dreams

Protection from Bad Dreams

[url=http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503547054]
Immunity and Protection against Black Magic [/ur]

Allah has promised the faithful that devils cannot exercise permanent control over those servants of Allah who have submitted to Him; Satan can exercise permanent control only over those who acquiesce and surrender themselves to his authority.

Almighty Allah says: “Most certainly, My servants–you cannot exercise control over them except those who are deviant who follow you.” (Al-Hijr: 42)

“Most certainly he (Satan) has no power over those who truly cherish faith and are trusting upon their Lord; rather his power is limited only to those who take him as a protector (besides God) and thus associate partners with Him.” (An-Nahl: 99-100)

I give below a number of selections of verses of the Qur’an and du`a’ which you can recite on a regular basis:

1) Al-Fatihah

2) Last three chapters of the Qur’an (i.e., Surahs 112, 113, 114)

3) Ayat al-Kursi (i.e., Al-Baqarah: 255)

Besides the above, repeat the following du`a’s on a regular basis both in the morning and evening three times or more:

1) Bismillahi alladhi la yadurru ma`a ismihi shay’un fi al-ardi wa la fi as-sama’i wa huwa as-sami`u al-`alim

(In the name of Allah; with His name, nothing whatsoever on earth or heaven can inflict any harm; He is All-Hearing and All-Knowing).

2) Hasbiya Allahu la ilaha illa huwa `alayhi tawakkaltu wahuwa rabbu al-`arshi al-`azhim

(Allah suffices me; there is no god but He; in Him I place my sole trust; He is the Lord of the mighty Throne).

3) Allaahumma ini a`duhu bika min hamazati ash-shayatin wa a`udhu bika rabbi an yahdurun

(O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the whisperings of Satan; my Lord, I seek refuge in You from their presence around me).

4) A`udhu bi `izzati Allahi wa qudratihi mimma ajidu wa uhadhiru
(I seek refuge in Allah’s glory and power from the affliction and pain I experience and suffer from).

It is important to remember that du`a’ and dhikr will only benefit when it comes from a heart that firmly believes in Allah, and thus cherishes firm conviction in Allah’s power and sovereignty.”

You can also read:

Black Magic: Rulings & Remedy

A person experiencing a good vision is encouraged to share it with others—especially with those who are trustworthy and God-fearing;

but if he/she experiences a bad dream, he/she is advised against disclosing it to anyone. In the latter case, immediately after experiencing such a dream, he/she is recommended to change the sleeping position, and seek refuge and protection in Allah by saying the following supplication:

"Bismillahi alladhi laa yadurru ma` ismihi shay’un fi al-ardi wa laa fi as-samaa’i wahuwa as-sami`ul `alim (In the name of Allah; with His name nothing whatsoever on earth or heaven can do any harm; He is the all-Hearing, and the all-Knowing)."

Referring to this, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Thus he/she will be spared of any possible harm.”

The surest way to block Satanic inspirations and whisperings is by taking refuge in Allah and through cultivating the habit of consistency in dhikr, right thinking, right living and right conduct.

It is, therefore, highly recommended to go to bed in a state of purity, after having recited portions of the Qur’an (such as surahs al-Fatihah, al-Ikhlaas, al-Falaq and al-Nas as well as Aayat al-Kursi),

and to immerse oneself in dhikr and salah (i.e. saying blessings and sending salutations) on the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) before one lapses into a state of sound sleep."

“A vision is from Almighty Allah (it's a form of divine inspiration) whereas a dream is from Satan. When any one of you have a bad dream, let him/her spit out (without saliva) to the left side and recite the two ‘Protective Surahs’ (An-Nas and Al-Falaq) and the dream will not harm him/her, Allah willing.”

Second Hadith: “At the approach of the Hour, the Muslim will have a true vision, and honesty will help him to have the clearest and truest vision.

Moreover, seeing a true vision is the 45th degree of prophethood. Vision is of three kinds: the good one with glad tidings from Allah; the bad dream, which is from Satan to invade hearts with sadness;

the third one is the effect of an aforethought matter. So if any one of you sees something sad in a vision, he should offer two rak`ats in prayer and never reveal it to anyone.”

Third Hadith: The Prophet said that if anyone sees him in his vision, he has truly seen him, for Satan can never disguise himself in the honorable form of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

To conclude, the interpretation of dreams is not an experimental knowledge to pass on to people, generation to generation.

It is a divine gift bestowed on whom Allah wills. Prophet Joseph's talent of interpreting dreams is a case in point. But, we should say that dreams or visions are not sources of legislation, so it shouldn’t be threatening or frightening to anybody and it doesn’t have a binding force of legal rules.”

You can also read:

Types of Dreams
Protection from Bad Dreams

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.