/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dont Show Off ....

chacha_jalebi
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Salaam

Bismillah ir rahman nir raheem

diggidy diggidyy, ya best check yaselfs before ya wreck yaselfs :D

we shouldnt show off, because its stupid and aint gona get us no where ....

Allah (swt) says in surah al Baqarah v 264

"Do not render in vain your Sadaqah (charity) by reminders of your generosity or by injury, like him who spends his wealth to be seen of men"

the hadiths showin the prohibition of showin off

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Almighty Allah says, `I am the One Who is most free from want of partners. He who does a thing for the sake of someone else beside Me, I discard him and his polytheism..''
[Muslim]

basically this hadiths is sayin if you do somethin for someone else to please them or whatever its equal to committin shirk

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "The first to be judged on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who had died as a martyr. He will be brought forward. Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?' The man will reply: `I fought for Your Cause till I was martyred.' Allah will say: `You have lied. You fought so that people might call you courageous; and they have done so.' Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell. Next a man who had acquired and imparted knowledge and read the Qur'an will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. Then He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?' The man will reply: `I acquired knowledge and taught it, and read the Qur'an for Your sake.' Allah will say to him: `You have lied. You acquired knowledge so that people might call you a learned (man), and you read the Qur'an so that they might call you a reciter, and they have done so.' Command will then be issued about him, and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell. Next a man whom Allah had made affluent and to whom Allah had given plenty of wealth, will be brought forward, Allah will remind him of the favours He had bestowed upon him and the man will acknowledge them. He will ask him: `What did you do to express gratitude for it?' The man will reply: `I did not neglect any of the ways You liked wealth to be spend liberally for Your sake'. Allah will say to him: `You have lied. You did it so that people might call you generous, and they have done so.' Command will then be issued about him and he will be dragged on his face and thrown into Hell.''
[Muslim]

Jundub (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "He who so acts to show off, Allah will disgrace him on the Day of Resurrection, and he who does good deeds so that people (may hold him in high esteem), Allah will expose his hidden evil intentions before the people on the Day of Resurrection.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A person who acquires (religious) knowledge, which is (normally) acquired to gain the Pleasure of Allah, (for the sole reason) to secure worldly comforts will not even smell the fragrance of Jannah on the Day of Resurrection (i.e., will not enter Jannah).''
[Abu Dawud]

after readin this you really gotta be carefull, because when you preach publicly you might get excited and it might come that you are kind off showin off aswell as preachin, if ya get me :D May Allah (swt) protect us from the hell fire and always keep us in his shade in this world and the next

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
"Do not render in vain your Sadaqah (charity) by reminders of your generosity or by injury, like him who spends his wealth to be seen of men"
you know in mosques dese days, they always make mic announcements saying so and so has just donated such and such amount,

al the baraqah is lost there..

May Allah save us from showing off :D

Sabbir_1
02-20-2007, 10:43 AM
you know in mosques dese days, they always make mic announcements saying so and so has just donated such and such amount,
Yeh happens in jummah, i think its the people they want there named to be heard.. nowadays with mosque radios too.... so everyone can hear how much they donated..

Pk_#2
02-20-2007, 11:05 AM
It sad, May Allah help us, May Allah (Swt) forgive them,

Oh yeah, i forgot to say jazakAllah cha cha 4 reminder

AsalamuAlaykum warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.