/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I just got emails from the owner of the house I was born in!

Dahir
02-20-2007, 01:43 AM
I was born in a small tropical village and since it was one of several houses my family had owned at the time, I hadn't paid much attention to it -- despite it being my birthplace and the center of my family's recent history (18th Century and beyond).

Well, a few weeks ago, two at most, the new owner of the house -- which has been vacant for over a decade, got a hold of my family and sent the pictures via email, and here are the links:

Photo #1

Photo #2

Photo #3

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
02-20-2007, 04:00 AM
The owner will keep the house how it is or he wish to make changes, like an extra floor :?
Why have you not kept the house if its related to your family histor from 18th century :?
I like the house :)
What it means Hodan house :?

habiibti
02-20-2007, 04:34 AM
Masha Allah it looks peaceful and beautiful.Btw if it was ur families for all those yrs why didnt u guys keep it?

snakelegs
02-20-2007, 07:52 AM
did you remember it when you saw the pix? that must've been a strange feeling.
now, how does someone from a tropical island end up in freezing minnesota?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
You were born in an Island? like the carribs...nah?

where is this place?

:)

cihad
02-20-2007, 02:23 PM
it looks so cute

Kittygyal
02-20-2007, 08:54 PM
kewl, is that where ya live nw?

strider
02-20-2007, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
I was born in a small tropical village and since it was one of several houses my family had owned at the time, I hadn't paid much attention to it -- despite it being my birthplace and the center of my family's recent history (18th Century and beyond).

Well, a few weeks ago, two at most, the new owner of the house -- which has been vacant for over a decade, got a hold of my family and sent the pictures via email, and here are the links:

Photo #1

Photo #2

Photo #3
That was nice of the new owner.

Cool pictures. :thumbs_up

Dahir
02-20-2007, 10:03 PM
To answer the Questions:

No, its not the Carribean, its East Africa, the Southern tip of Somalia bordering Northern Kenya.

We didn't keep the house because we had ownership of several houses and large farms as well, my family was in the real estate business. The house was the birth place, however, of both myself, brother, and sister. It was the base of operations, so to speak.

The house you see is the result of nearly 20 years of war. It used to be a grand villa with marble and ivory parts imported from Italian quarries for cheap.

My family has already outlined plans to buy the house and several other rebel-seized properties in the region.

It'll take some time before a proper government to clear things out for us.

And the new owner is actually an old family friend who was given earlier blessings to keep the house, but we lost connection with him very early on in the process.

north_malaysian
02-21-2007, 08:09 AM
I really love those big shady trees...... :shade:

khushnood
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
seems to be a simple and rustic place.how nice and beautiful it is

Tania
02-21-2007, 06:30 PM
I would like to be mine :-[ the dogs and cats would have a great time there, including me :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.