/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Throwing away cash....

SUMMAYAH
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
What do you associate with the phrase, 'Throwing away money?'

one of the things that come to my head is the idea of someone saving-up for a good portion of their life, then spending it all in one go on a big, fat wedding........!!!
(which usually ends with most of the guests criticising how tasteless the food was...)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maarya
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
:sl:

another one i think is fireworks - u basically burn your money - there's so much better things that you can do with money like give to the poor etc and some ppl 'burn' it

SUMMAYAH
02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Or how about retail therapy....wats that all about?????

Kittygyal
02-20-2007, 06:32 PM
salamualikum.
^yh, doesn't come down the well now does it!! we need to realise that!!
mA'ASSALAMA

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
02-20-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
Spending money unnecessarily especially if you don't have much to begin with and by spending the money you are burdening others that may depend on you.

one of the things that come to my head is the idea of someone saving-up for a good portion of their life, then spending it all in one go on a big, fat wedding........!!!
Well, if a family is blessed with a lot of wealth, spending what others would consider to be a fortune may not be viewed in the same way by them. I say, if you aren't compromising your financial position and you have discharged your religious obligations then how you spend your money is up to you.

Count DeSheep
02-20-2007, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
Buying things like drugs (including alcohol and cigarettes), 'cause they're just gunna kill you anyway.

(which usually ends with most of the guests criticising how tasteless the food was...)
Don't they do that in India? I seen this documentary called Runaway Grooms. It was about Indian men getting married, then running off to North America, where marriage laws are in their favor. They refuse to take their wives with them or even support them in any way before the family of the bride gives the groom another huge sum of money...But at the end of the documentary, they said that laws in India are being changed/challenged/something so that it's not so easy for the groom's family to get the dowry, then get outta Dodge. =D

ZAYD
02-20-2007, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider

Well, if a family is blessed with a lot of wealth, spending what others would consider to be a fortune may not be viewed in the same way by them. I say, if you aren't compromising your financial position and you have discharged your religious obligations then how you spend your money is up to you.
I would still regard someone who spends a ridiculous amount on a wedding as an excessive spender.

The wedding could still have been completed if they had spent a small amount of money.

and there would have been more blessings if they had adopted the sunnah way of marriage.

theres never any blessings when you spend extravagently, esp with so many of our brethren suffering in the world.

Woodrow
02-21-2007, 01:44 AM
There are so many things that are a waste of money and just throwing your money away. But I think the biggest throwaway is to have to pay a traffic fine. This is completely avoidable and an inexcusable waste of money. No body needs to violate any traffic laws, that is not an accident. It happens from carelessness or total disregard for laws.

north_malaysian
02-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I thought you are talking about throwing away the cash or coins from the balcony and lots of people fighting to get it from below....:D

khushnood
02-21-2007, 07:55 AM
the best example is people tryin to please their valentines with lavish gifts on valentines day:eek: .a lot of cash is thrown away on this stupid day.

Muezzin
02-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Cigarettes.

Lina
02-21-2007, 04:30 PM

The annual 'throwing away money' by the bank.

Which they do with old/damaged money which can't be used anymore.
They shred them and give them away to people on a tour visiting the national bank.

So, there u are with bags and bags of shredded dollars.

SUMMAYAH
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina

The annual 'throwing away money' by the bank.

Which they do with old/damaged money which can't be used anymore.
They shred them and give them away to people on a tour visiting the national bank.

So, there u are with bags and bags of shredded dollars.

wow. the money in the pic still looks useable.............

Lina
02-21-2007, 05:15 PM
That's just a pic I borrowed, the real thing is all shredded.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Buyiing clothes to wear once. Buying a car out of the show room. designer wear.

Muezzin
02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
:They shred them and give them away to people on a tour visiting the national bank.
So anyway, about these tours...

SUMMAYAH
02-21-2007, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
So anyway, about these tours...
dont bother, it will take you 4eva to stick the shredded bits 2gether again......

'Abd al-Baari
02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but in my opinion the biggest thing to throw cash away on is plastic surgery/make up
People should stay happy with the way Allah made them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.