/* */

PDA

View Full Version : WindOws movie maker problems

Name
02-20-2007, 08:57 PM
:sl:

How do you upload a movie you just created in windows movie maker, i've saved the project as a movie to my computer but when tryed to upload it on youtude it just does not upload and its within the file size limit etc.. within all rules etc..
i even tried to upload it with google but it still would not let me upload. all it says on either of the uploaders is uploading and thats it never seems to finish uploading. i mean its not that big of a file only 30.7mb

so any ideas brother and sisters? :muddlehea

i tried to save the movie for web but in that route it does not allow you to upload it on to youtube or google

help...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
02-21-2007, 03:24 AM
Sounds like youtube does not recognise the format. Try uploading it on putfile instead.

http://www.putfile.com/

NoName55
02-21-2007, 03:46 AM
I think in order to upload to youtube you will need to convert to FLV format.

To convert video files to FLV format you will need a conversion application, usually referred to as a converter or encoder. Converters are fairly straightforward to use — you simply import a file, choose a preset (and customize the settings if required), then export as FLV. Good converters have additional features such as batch processing options.
There are many converter/encoders available — some free, some cheap, some expensive. If you do a search for "FLV converter" or "FLV encoder" you'll find plenty of options. Three of the most commonly-used converters are listed below.
  1. Macromedia Flash

: The official Flash authoring program comes bundled with a utility called Flash 8 Video Encoder. Flash itself is very powerful (and correspondingly expensive) but the encoder doesn't actually produce the best quality FLV files. If you already own Flash, this is a good way to begin making FLV files but if you want the best possible quality you should try other options.
  2. Flix

: Flix is a collection of encoders by On2 Technologies, the company which makes the VP6 codec used in Flash 8. There are various options including low-budget versions.
  3. Sorenson Squeeze

: A powerful and versatile conversion application.
For a more detailed comparison see Flash FLV Encoders.
Notes:
  • If possible, use a converter with 2-pass encoding. This creates better quality video.
Example: The screenshot below shows the main screen of Flix Pro. The tabs provide more advanced options, but if you prefer to keep it simple you can convert videos with just a few clicks.

See also:Article source: www.mediacollege.com/flash/video/tutorial/convert-flv.html

:w:

Muezzin
02-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Does Super convert to FLV? Super is a free download by the way.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
02-21-2007, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Does Super convert to FLV? Super is a free download by the way.
Yes, Thanks for that idea(I had never come accross it before today.
---------------------------------------------
"FLV converter (Super)Convert any input video format to FLV. Convert an FLV file to any other video format.

SUPER supports a wide variety of input/source file format to play or encode (to & from) without any additional third party software:

Video format: 3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson) asf, avi (DivX,H263,H263+,H264,Xvid,MPEG4,MSmpeg4 etc..), fli, flc, flv (used in Flash), mpg (Mpeg I,Mpeg II), mov(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4 etc..), mp4(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4), ogg, qt, rm, str (Play Station), swf (Flash), viv, vob, wmv

Audio format: ac3, amr, mp2, mp3, mp4, ogg, ra, wma
AviSynth Script Files: avs. ALL Input/source files that fail to encode, will be encoded without error when using AviSynth scripts."
Download SUPER v2007 Build 21

jzcasejz
02-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Hmmm..I Once Uploaded To Youtube And There Was No Need For Me To Convert File Formats...I Just Directly Uploaded A WMV Without Converting It...

Anywayz...You Say The File's 30mb Or Whateva...Whats The Length Of The Video?...And Just To Make Sure..U Saved It As A WMV File Right?

And Another Thing...Approxiamtely How Long Did You Wait For It To Upload? Uploading Does Take Quite Alot Of Time..So Maybe That Could Be Tha Problem??

And yh...Super Converter Is One HEAVY Converter...!!!

mizan_aliashraf
02-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Are you guys running the Windows Movie Maker on XP or Vista?

NoName55
02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Hmmm..I Once Uploaded To Youtube And There Was No Need For Me To Convert File Formats...I Just Directly Uploaded A WMV Without Converting It...

Anywayz...You Say The File's 30mb Or Whateva...Whats The Length Of The Video?...And Just To Make Sure..U Saved It As A WMV File Right?

And Another Thing...Approxiamtely How Long Did You Wait For It To Upload? Uploading Does Take Quite Alot Of Time..So Maybe That Could Be Tha Problem??

I believe youtube converted your wmv to flv while you were uploading and also believe their conversion would be of inferior quality.

Uploads will usually take 1-5 minutes per MB on a high-speed connection, and converting your video takes a few minutes; you can add more info or upload more videos while it's processing. Unless you have been pre-approved for longer videos, your video is limited to 10 minutes and 100MB

NoName55
02-21-2007, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Are you guys running the Windows Movie Maker on XP or Vista?
I am running it on xp media center

jzcasejz
02-21-2007, 11:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I believe youtube converted your wmv to flv while you were uploading and also believe their conversion would be of inferior quality.
Hmmm..Youtube Did Convert The Video And Of Course The Quality'z Gonna Be Low Quality Since It's Streaming Media...But ALL I Stated Was That You Can Upload Without Converting The Video Beforehand Bekoz Of The Thing You Said Quoted Below...
I think in order to upload to youtube you will need to convert to FLV format.

The Question Raised By The Bro Was Not So Much About Quality...But More As To How He Can Upload A Video On Youtube And I Was Jus tryna Get To The Root Of The Problem...Nahmsayin :D...

NoName55
02-21-2007, 11:21 AM
thanks for that reminder(my excuse for such lapses is senility) :muddlehea:embarrass

bronumba1
02-21-2007, 02:20 PM
dsdqw

Name
02-21-2007, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
Whats The Length Of The Video?...And Just To Make Sure..U Saved It As A WMV File Right?

its 30.7 mb

5:30 mins long

and yes i did save it as WMV

and i did wait long enough

Umar001
02-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Can someone help me, am totally baffled, I was trying to make a movie for something and I didnt know how to cut other pieces of films and insert them.

Muezzin
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Can someone help me, am totally baffled, I was trying to make a movie for something and I didnt know how to cut other pieces of films and insert them.

What program are you using?

Have you checked that the file types of the films you wish to insert match those of the movie you already have?

Umar001
02-21-2007, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
What program are you using?

Have you checked that the file types of the films you wish to insert match those of the movie you already have?
I was trying to use windows video thing, and the thing is that the video was on google, it was long, i just wanted like 30 seconds of it to go into my movie.

Muezzin
02-21-2007, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I was trying to use windows video thing, and the thing is that the video was on google, it was long, i just wanted like 30 seconds of it to go into my movie.
I think you need an FLV player to take videos from Google Video or Youtube etc. You'll also need a Firefox browser. It's just a couple of free downloads and is worth it in the long run. You'll also need to convert the FLV into a different format so you can edit it into your movie. For that, Super seems pretty good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.