/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Helppppppppppppppppppppp

Pk_#2
02-20-2007, 09:52 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

i really really need some quotes from the Qur'an or hadiths explaining the ummah, or divisions in the ummah

like the sunni and shi'ah split,

My teacher told me that there was one where, it says something like Muslims will be dicided till the day of judgement :muddlehea

Please help!

:uuh::uuh::uuh::uuh: imsadimsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
regarding 72 sects in Islam

Pk_#2
02-20-2007, 10:00 PM
aww im sorry Jo, get well soon,

jazakAllah khair sis, lemme check it out :)

Peace

Pk_#2
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
no worries-Peace,

are the following correct?

"And hold fast to the rope of Allah, and do not be divided amongst yourselves." (3:103)

"And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them." (3:105)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-20-2007, 10:05 PM
:sl:

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Jews were split up into seventy-one or seventy-two sects; and the Christians were split up into seventy one or seventy-two sects; and my community will be split up into seventy-three sects.
[Dawud]
format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B
no worries-Peace,

are the following correct?

"And hold fast to the rope of Allah, and do not be divided amongst yourselves." (3:103)

"And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them." (3:105)
Yes.

Refer to the sectarian section for more info:

http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-divisions/

IbnAbdulHakim
02-20-2007, 10:08 PM
:salamext:

Abu Dawud

Book 40, Number 4579:
Narrated AbuHurayrah:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The Jews were split up into seventy-one or seventy-two sects; and the Christians were split up into seventy one or seventy-two sects; and my community will be split up into seventy-three sects.

Allaah - the Most High - said:

"And do not be of those who commit Shirk (associate partners with Allaah), those who split-up their Deen and become sects; each sect rejoicing in what is with them." [Soorah ar-Room (30):31-32]
The Prophet sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam said:

"I advise you to have taqwaa of Allaah and to hear and to obey, even if an Abyssinian slave becomes your leader. Those of you who live long after me will see a lot of differences, so hold fast to my Sunnah and to the Sunnah of the Rightly-Guided Khaleefahs after me. Cling to it tightly and beware of newly-invented matters, for every newly invented matter is an innovation, and every innovation is misguidance, and all misguidance is in the Fire."

Saheeh:
Related by Abu Daawood (no.4607), at-Tirmidhee (no.2676) and it was authenticated by al-Haafidh Ibn Hajr in Takhreej Ahadeeth Mukhtasar Ibnul-Haajib (1/137). The addition:
" ... and every misguidance is in the Fire." was narrated by al-Bayhaqee (10/114) and others. It was authenticated by Ibn Taymiyyah in Iqtidaa as-Siraatul-Mustaqeem (1/111).

Just to finish off, there are absolutely no record of shia's existing during the time of the prophet saws.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!