/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What goes around comes around........a beautiful story!

ZAYD
02-20-2007, 11:11 PM
He almost didn’t see the old lady, stranded on the side of the road. But even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was stills puttering when he approached her.

Even with the smile on his face, she was worried. No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so … was he going to hurt her? He didn’t look safe; he looked poor and hungry.

He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold. He knew how she felt. It was that chill which only fears can put in you. He said, “I’m here to help you, ma’am. Why don’t you wait in the car where it’s warm? By the way, my name is Khalifa.”

Well, all she had was a flat tire, but for an old lady, that was bad enough. Khalifa crawled
under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. Soon he was able to change the tire. But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt.

As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down the window and began to talk to him. She told him that she was from Babylon and was only just passing through. She couldn’t thank him enough for coming to her aid.

Khalifa just smiled as he closed her trunk.. She asked him how much she owed him. Any amount would have been all right with her. She already imagined all the awful things that could have happened had he not stopped. Khalifa never thought twice about being paid. This was not a job to him.

This was helping someone in need, and God knows there were plenty who had given him a hand in the past. He had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way. He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance they needed, and Khalifa added, “And pray for me.”

He waited until she started her car and drove off. It had been a cold and depressing day, but he felt good as he headed for home, disappearing into the twilight.

A few miles down the road the lady saw a small cafe. She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home. It was a dingy looking restaurant. Outside were two old gas pumps.

The whole scene was unfamiliar to her. The cash register was like the telephone of an out-of-work actor - it didn’t ring much. The waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. She had a sweet smile, one that even being on her feet for the whole day couldn’t erase. The lady noticed the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain and aches change her attitude.

The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger. Then she remembered Khalifa.

After the lady finished her meal and the waitress went to get change for her hundred dinar bill, the lady slipped right out the door. She was gone by the time the waitress came back.

The waitress wondered where the lady could be. Then she noticed something written on the napkin under which were four hundred dinar bills. There were tears in her eyes when she read what the lady wrote: “You don’t owe me anything. I have been there too. Somebody once helped me out, the way I’m helping you. If you really want to pay me back, here is what you do: Do not let this chain of love end with you.”

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another day. That night when she got home from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written. How could the lady have known how much she and her husband needed it? With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard. She knew how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low, “Everything is
Going to be all right. I love you, Khalifa.”

Holy Quran says: “But he who gives to others more out of his own will then it is better for his own self…” (2:184)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aLiTTLeTiMe
02-20-2007, 11:25 PM
thank you brother.
nice story.

Al_Imaan
02-20-2007, 11:26 PM
awww....wonderful story.....

SUMMAYAH
02-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Subhanallah, what a beautiful story.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
02-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Mashallah a good story
Jazakallah for sharing

khushnood
02-21-2007, 08:05 AM
a very very nice story:thumbs_up .have u written it yourself?

tomtomsmom
02-21-2007, 03:46 PM
That seems to be an adaptation of a song here in the USA. I won't post a link to the song but here are the lyrics.

He was driving home one evening,
In his beat up Pontiac
When an old lady flagged him down,
Her Mercedes had a flat
He could see that she was frightened,
Standing out there in the snow
'Til he said I'm here to help you ma'am,
By the way my name is Joe

She said I'm from St. Louis,
And I'm only passing through
I must have seen a hundred cars go by,
This is awful nice of you
When he changed the tire,
And closed her trunk
And was about to drive away,
She said how much do I owe you
Here's what he had to say

You don't owe me a thing, I've been there too
Someone once helped me out,
Just the way I'm helping you
If you really want to pay me back,
Here's what you do
Don't let the chain of love end with you

Well a few miles down the road,
The lady saw a small cafe
She went in to grab a bite to eat,
And then be on her way
But she couldn't help but notice,
How the waitress smiled so sweet
And how she must've been eight months along,
And dead on her feet

And though she didn't know her story,
And she probably never will
When the waitress went to get her change,
From a hundred dollar bill
The lady slipped right out the door,
And on a napkin left a note
There were tears in the waitress's eyes,
When she read what she wrote

You don't owe me a thing,
I've been there too
Someone once helped me out,
Just the way I'm helping you
If you really want to pay me back,
Here's what you do
Don't let the chain of love end with you

That night when she got home from work,
The waitress climbed into bed
She was thinkin' about the money,
And what the lady's note had said
As her husband lay there sleeping,
She whispered soft and low
Everything's gonna be alright, I love you, Joe

Album Lyrics: Live, Laugh, Love [1999]

Walker Clay
"Live, Laugh, Love"

khushnood
02-22-2007, 05:32 AM
that's why i thought i had heard it somewhere

Khayal
02-22-2007, 05:45 AM
:salamext:

It was very pleasing to read... @};- :)

jazaak ALLAH khayr.

:wasalamex

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-22-2007, 06:51 PM
thank you..

shible
02-22-2007, 06:59 PM
well the story was fine with a beautiful message.

who or wat were the characters in the story doesn't matter

wat matter's is the Message that we obtain from the story

NobleMuslimUK
02-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Very good story with a very good moral, the same moral Islam teaches, do things for the pleasure of Allah SWT and not worldly pleasures. Allah SWT is the one who fulfills the needs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.