/* */

PDA

View Full Version : help UK members..

Rabiyal
02-21-2007, 04:10 AM
:sl:
I was wondering if you could please tell me a gsm cell phone service provider in UK? I need to buy a sim card for my phone while I am traveling.
Thanks...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
02-21-2007, 04:28 AM
You want a sim card in England. You can try T-Mobile, O2, Orange,

aby5y
02-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Salams... Yeah or even Vodafone...I recommend o2....I’m on it and I think its the best....

Allah Hafiz

Skillganon
02-21-2007, 06:35 AM
I think you can get o2 pay as you go sim free from the net.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabiyal
02-21-2007, 03:02 PM
^^^ skill brother I saw that you can, but how does it work? I mean if it says GBP 11 credit, do you think that means it's ready to use, just pop it in the phone and start talking? do I have to do some sort of registration? even with the GBP 11 credit already added on there??

Pk_#2
02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
Get o2, its kool

i'll get you one if u want sis!

All you have to do is activate the sim, cause ur not on it now....it takes 2seconds to do :D

Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 03:09 PM
:sl: GET O2 insha'Allah...you just pop it into your phone if it's dualbanded...or 'unlocked' and that dont cos much anyway....an o2 seem is free from the net or usually for bout £2.50 where i get em.. :)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
02-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Just pick a simcard up from a shop for about 5pound or under...02 are pretty cheap or free. They work on dual band phones. Nothing to worry about.

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
salamualikum.
well orange is full of it, am on 02,&&Voda best is CONTRACT but it depends where you live so i can the place oh in Bradford city centre you get 2 sims for 1.50 ma friend was telling me, i suggest best company is O2, Also is your cell dual band??? remember that incase you get a sim && it doesn't go in there if you wana dual band it take it to any cell shop && pay $5 for it not much at all.

Abot them O2 sims you can get free from NET do NOT work i got them && there rubbish yap RUBBISH! i will tell you to buy it from a cell shop instead of NET don't trust over NET dudette but then again up to you init.
Ma'assalama

strider
02-21-2007, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiyal
^^^ skill brother I saw that you can, but how does it work? I mean if it says GBP 11 credit, do you think that means it's ready to use, just pop it in the phone and start talking? do I have to do some sort of registration? even with the GBP 11 credit already added on there??
I'm assuming that it is on a pay as u go tariff. Once you've popped it into your phone and the service is up and you've uploaded credit, you're ready to go.:D

Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Abot them O2 sims you can get free from NET do NOT work i got them && there rubbish yap RUBBISH! i will tell you to buy it from a cell shop instead of NET don't trust over NET dudette but then again up to you init.
Ma'assalama

Hey Hey Twin!! don't go dissing o2 sims!! lol and I know laodsa people who got em from the net...Ask sis rose_Ice, I sent her one and I got it free from the net...they ARE good! lol :p

strider
02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Ma'assalama
The ones from the actual company?

Of course they work. Downside is you still have to top up on them, so really you're only saving on £10, tops.

Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Actually you're only saving £5 max...coz thats the original price of the sim....

strider
02-21-2007, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
Actually you're only saving £5 max...coz thats the original price of the sim....
Ah, true. I was still thinking back to the old pricing. Jazakumullah Khair for the correction.

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamer
Hey Hey Twin!! don't go dissing o2 sims!! lol and I know laodsa people who got em from the net...Ask sis rose_Ice, I sent her one and I got it free from the net...they ARE good! lol :p
salamualikum.
am NOT dissing O2 sims but am dissing the ones free from NET because i got mine && when they came in post && for some odd reason the network is alway 1bar! && when i put one i bought from shop that bars are full so basically them sims i got free from NET are rubbish, allah hu alim, you can join there netowrk on NET && get them free every month which ma nephew does so i get his hehe
ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
lol no probz.. :okay: but i got mine for £2.50 anyway...it's abit of a scam coz ppl get em free off the net and then sell em on for £2.50...but I guess it's better than paying £5 for those who dont have net access :)

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
salamualikum.
there 1.00 down my end
ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 04:44 PM

there you go...end of!! :okay:

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 04:56 PM
salamualikum.
^ am sure she wnats the 'ACTUAL' thingy bob :D
Ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 04:59 PM
LOL but at least she'll know what it looks like now Bobbyboo :okay:

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 05:00 PM
salamualikum.
akay, erm sis if you tell us where ya live like ''p'm'' then maybe we can help better but tis a request :),
Ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
edit

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 05:04 PM
salamualikum.
''am trying me best to stay on topic, leave me alone ingnoring :X''

anywho sis all the best need help or anything inshallaha sk us, once got it please do introduce it to us inshallah :)
Ma'assalama

Sabbir_1
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
o2 usually do offers on there site they give away free o2 sim cards.. usually 6 sim cards free.

there 1.00 down my end
they get them free and try sell them off.

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
o2 usually do offers on there site they give away free o2 sim cards.. usually 6 sim cards free.

they get them free and try sell them off.
salamualikum.
don't they be 5:rolleyes:
but but but.... how come when i tried then one i got from NET free the reception is always on 1bar, where as i bought one && the reception is full thats weird allah hu alim.
Ma'assalama

Sabbir_1
02-21-2007, 05:35 PM
don't they be 5
dont know i got 6.

but but but.... how come when i tried then one i got from NET free the reception is always on 1bar, where as i bought one && the reception is full thats weird allah hu alim.
i have no idea.. if you dont want them sim card put them on ebay.. people will buy it.. they'll buy anything.... i saw one for 25 pound..

Kittygyal
02-21-2007, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
dont know i got 6.

i have no idea.. if you dont want them sim card put them on ebay.. people will buy it.. they'll buy anything.... i saw one for 25 pound..
salamualikum.

wwwhat?? you saw ONE FOR 25.00 oh ma words :eek:

erm on 'ebay' i don't belive that stuff dude but i just threw them away, ma nephew gets them free as he joined but them work && i am on xontract for 3 cells now so all kewl, first was on for 4 but now three.

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.