/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the status of those who reject the "Virgin Conception"?

GreatLoveJesus
02-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Salam alaykum

I would like to know the situation of those people who reject that Maryam (as) was a virgin when she conceived Isa (as). I have read from some sites that it is a pagan idea that a virgin gives birth to a great savior, so "there is nothing in Islam that points to such a belief". Actually I know this is from the "Ahmaddiya" people, but given that some reverts from Christianity are not very knowledgeable, we should consider this specific case, if they reject that Maryam (AS) was a virgin when she conceived Isa (AS).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
02-23-2007, 11:33 PM
What is the status of those who reject the "Virgin Conception"?
Are they not the disbelievers (have committed kufr)?

strider
02-23-2007, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreatLoveJesus
Salam alaykum

I would like to know the situation of those people who reject that Maryam (as) was a virgin when she conceived Isa (as). I have read from some sites that it is a pagan idea that a virgin gives birth to a great savior, so "there is nothing in Islam that points to such a belief". Actually I know this is from the "Ahmaddiya" people, but given that some reverts from Christianity are not very knowledgeable, we should consider this specific case, if they reject that Maryam (AS) was a virgin when she conceived Isa (AS).
Daleel?

NoName55
02-23-2007, 11:49 PM
There is a consensus among Muslims that ahmadia are kafirs, inovators, liars etc.

"And mention In the Book (the Qur'ân, O Muhammad, the story of) Maryam (Mary), when she withdrew in seclusion from her family to a place facing east.
She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them; Then we sent to her Our Ruh [angel Jibrael (Gabriel/Holy Spirit)], and He appeared before her in the form of a man In All respects.
She said: "Verily! I seek Refuge with the Most Beneficent (Allâh) from you, if you do fear Allâh."
(The angel) said: "I am Only a Messenger from Your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."
She said: "How can I have a son, when no man has touched Me, nor am I unchaste?"
He said: "So (it will be), Your Lord said: 'That is easy for Me (Allâh): and (We wish) to appoint Him as a sign to mankind and a Mercy from us (Allâh), and it is a matter (already) decreed, (by Allâh).' "
So she conceived him....."

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
02-23-2007, 11:55 PM
ahmadia have no choice but to deny that Eesa/Jesus (P.B.U.H) is The Messiah/Christ otherwise their leader would be exposed as a lying clown of kadian (who claimed it for himself)

czgibson
02-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Greetings,

Just as a side issue:

In Christianity there are two concepts that are often confused: the Immaculate Conception and the Virgin Birth.

The first of these states that Mary was born without sin, and the second states that she was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus.

While the Virgin Birth is mentioned in two of the gospels, the Immaculate Conception is not. It was a dogma that the Catholic Church invented in 1854.

Here is what wikipedia says about the Virgin Birth.

Peace

Alexius
02-28-2007, 05:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Just as a side issue:

In Christianity there are two concepts that are often confused: the Immaculate Conception and the Virgin Birth.

The first of these states that Mary was born without sin, and the second states that she was a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus.

While the Virgin Birth is mentioned in two of the gospels, the Immaculate Conception is not. It was a dogma that the Catholic Church invented in 1854.

Here is what wikipedia says about the Virgin Birth.

Peace
Please, the Immaculate Conception was not INVENTED in 1854, rather it was dogmatized at that time. It had been pondered from the beginning. It was especially debated in the west during the late middle ages. Not all "Christians" accept the idea. On top f that, it is proposterous to say that Mary was born without sin...technically speaking, no one can be born with sin!

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius :coolalien

czgibson
02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Alexius
Please, the Immaculate Conception was not INVENTED in 1854, rather it was dogmatized at that time.
Look at my words very carefully:

It was a dogma that the Catholic Church invented in 1854.
What is untrue about that statement?

Not all "Christians" accept the idea.
True.

On top f that, it is proposterous to say that Mary was born without sin...technically speaking, no one can be born with sin!
I'm sure you're right, but note that I'm not a Christian, and I'm not endorsing this view. I think many things about Christianity are preposterous! I did think many Christians believed in Original Sin, though...

Peace

AbuAbdallah
02-28-2007, 04:38 PM
salaam,
She said: "How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?" -Surah Maryam

If anyone rejects anything from the Qur'an then they are a kaafir (disbeliever),and it is obligatory on them to make tawbah(repentance).

Alexius
03-01-2007, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Look at my words very carefully:

What is untrue about that statement?

True.

I'm sure you're right, but note that I'm not a Christian, and I'm not endorsing this view. I think many things about Christianity are preposterous! I did think many Christians believed in Original Sin, though...

Peace
First of all, in your statement the key word is invented. I believe that the Immaculate Conception is true, but not in the way many think about it. Most Christians believe in original sin, but I do not. I believe in the original sin; that first sin, but I do not believe in "hereditary" original sin. I'm coming from an eastern perspective, so you're probably more familiar with Augustine's version.

BTW: I realize you are not a Christian, however you seem to know alittle about it. I'm merely giving my input as I am a Christian...

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius:statisfie

Talha777
03-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Believing that Hazrat Masih Isa (alaihi salam) had a father is incompatible with the teachings of Islam. Such a belief unquestionably puts one outside of the fold of Islam.

Also, being a former Ahmadi, I can say with authority that they reject miracles mentioned in Quran, including the miracles of Hazrat Masih Isa (alaihi salam). Regarding the miracle of fashioning a bird from clay and than breathing life into it, Mirza Qadiani wrote: "What else can then be concluded except that it was really only dust? Just as toys of clay are made to move about by man’s machinery, these used to fly by the penetrating influence of a prophet’s spirit." (Author's Footnote, Testimony of the Holy Quran by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad)

So basically Mirza is saying that Jesus (alaihi salam) made a flying bird toy using technology, and that it was not a real miracle (astaghfirullah)! He further wrote in this regard: "do not take the metaphorical for the real" (ibid)

This conclusively shows that Ahmadis regard the miracles of the Holy Quran as metaphorical rather than historical facts. This is just one of the many reasons I left Ahmadiyah religion and converted to Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.