Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A7med
07-19-2005, 03:59 PM
Salaam,bro
WELCOME!!!!! and enjoy!!!

aminahshijabs
07-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Welcome Brother!! :Crescent: Salam Alakum Welcome!!! :Crescent:

I think that you will really enjoy the site.

Help using this forum:
Don't forget to use the menu items on the top. They are pull down. My favorite is "Quick Links" the drop down menu has: "Who's onlineā€ (You can see who is online), "Private messages" so you can check or create messages to other people, and "New Posts" see the newest post or replies (This is a top level menu too ).

I think that you will like this forum, it is popular. :applaud:

Al-fitar
07-20-2005, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
ah its fitar ?
i read it as Iftar :p

:-[

btw :sl: n welcome to the forums Bro :)

Enjoy ur stay,
n hope to see u around too :)

Id-ul-Fitr means the 'festival of breaking the fast'. The fast of Ramadan is broken with special prayers and festivities. 'Fitr' is derived from the word 'fatar' meaning 'breaking'. Another connotation suggests that it is derived from fitrah or 'alms'. Certain Sunni Muslims believe that fitr comes from fitrat meaning 'nature' and Id-ul-Fitr is the celebration of god's magnanimity in providing nature to man. Celebrated on the first day of the new moon in Shawwal, it marks the end of Ramadan.

Salaam,
I choose phonetic version as my nick. If you say it it sounds like it. So you where kinda right!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-fitar
07-21-2005, 12:51 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
ah well,
but u got me wrong :)
Sorry brother ZAK. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was correcting you. I wasn't. I was just giving a little reason for my choice of nic (name). Fitr was taken. Inshallah I hope you understand.

I sed IFTAR which is the daily breaking of the FASTs :p
as in Sehar n Iftar :brother:
I know (everyone should) iftar (sunset) is breaking of the fast at the end of the day when daylight is gone during Ramadam. Sehar (dawn) is before the daylight starts during Ramadan. Both are eager awaited!

Id-ul-Fitr my favorite is the best!

hope u don't get me again :p
Inshallah I will not.

Jezakum Allah khair

Pinkrose
07-21-2005, 12:52 PM
:sl:

:aboo:

Welcome to LI bro!! :D

Hope you enjoy your stay and benefit a lot!! :shade:

:w:

junna1
07-21-2005, 11:43 PM
:sl:

Welcome to LI bro.

:w:

Ibn Syed
07-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Welcome

Al-fitar
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Salaam
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Inshallah I will try to visit often. :D
Salaams

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!