/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslim checking in!

Les Nubian
07-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Hello!

First, I just want to say that I am not currently a Muslim, but I am very fascinated with the faith, and always have been. I mean, I just can't get away from it no matter how hard I try! It's just so fascinating to me.

And I also wanted to say that I'm new here, obviously :D

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
07-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Hello. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Les Nubian
07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Danke!

mary
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Hiya,

Welcome im sure ur like it and ur learn loads!!!:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
07-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Posted by Les Nubian
Danke!
You aint German are you :p ? lol your name sounds french though

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-19-2005, 07:57 PM
hey Les,
You're avatar was removed because it was deemed inappropriate by the staff.

Welcome to the forum, and please take your time to read the forum rules listed under the FAQ.

Thank you.

Ramla
07-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Hi and welcome welcome to LI Islamic Forum!
, hope you learn more about islam and enjoy your stay .

Khattab
07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Les Nubian
Hello!

First, I just want to say that I am not currently a Muslim, but I am very fascinated with the faith, and always have been. I mean, I just can't get away from it no matter how hard I try! It's just so fascinating to me.

And I also wanted to say that I'm new here, obviously :D

:)
Welcome to the forum I hope you benefit from it and increase yourself in knowledge, may Allah (SWT) guide to you to the straight path, and make easy for you your way, ameen.

Peace

aminahshijabs
07-20-2005, 12:00 AM
:Crescent: Salam Alakum Welcome!!! :Crescent:
I was like you at one time, I am muslim now.

I think that you will really enjoy the site.

Help using this forum:
Don't forget to use the menu items on the top. They are pull down. My favorite is "Quick Links" the drop down menu has: "Who's online” (You can see who is online), "Private messages" so you can check or create messages to other people, and "New Posts" see the newest post or replies (This is a top level menu too ).

I think that you will like this forum, it is popular. :applaud:

Genius
07-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Are you a homosexual?

Les Nubian
07-20-2005, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
hey Les,
You're avatar was removed because it was deemed inappropriate by the staff.

Welcome to the forum, and please take your time to read the forum rules listed under the FAQ.

Thank you.

How was my avatar inappropriate? I don't understand, it was 100x100, the right size...is it because it depicts two nubian women without scarves over their heads? And god forbid a woman not have a scarve on her head. :thumbs_do

I don't think that's fair. :thumbs_do

Genius
07-20-2005, 03:17 PM
How was my avatar inappropriate? I don't understand, it was 100x100, the right size...is it because it depicts two nubian women without scarves over their heads? And god forbid a woman not have a scarve on her head. :thumbs_do

Agreed.

Ibn Syed
07-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.
Peace

minaz
07-20-2005, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Les Nubian
How was my avatar inappropriate? I don't understand, it was 100x100, the right size...is it because it depicts two nubian women without scarves over their heads? And god forbid a woman not have a scarve on her head.

I don't think that's fair.
It's fair because their are alot of people in this forum who would be offended by that picture believe it or not, anywho an avatar is to portray one's character - well that's the theory. You've joined an islamic website and that picture isn't very 'islamic', lol no one's having ago at you and i'm glad that you made the error of having it, as hopefully you shall learn something about islam form it.
All the best with your membership to the site :)

junna1
07-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Welcome to LI. :D

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-21-2005, 03:52 AM

Greetings,
I think that we should be considerate and respectful of all members and not use images that may be offensive to other members. Since the Islamic faith defines the headscarf as the limit in modesty, we avoid posting images on this forum that contradict Islamic principles. We wish to maintain a welcoming islamic environment that Muslims can feel comfortable in. There are other forums which simply do not give options for an avatar. Please do not abuse the privelage.

I hope you will understand. A gathering of diverse members will almost certainly entail compromises from all parties to avoid offending others.

Peace.

Ummu Amatullah
07-21-2005, 06:22 PM
asallama alaikum my sister hope this site informs you more about Islam.Nice to know a sister seeking for knowledge.

Les Nubian
07-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Oh well that's kinda weird, because i'm not a Muslim, and that contradicts the Muslim faith, so should I not be here? I mean, when you sign up you're asked what your faith is...you don't have to be Muslim to be here do you?

But I understand if to beautiful Nubian women without headscarves would offend someone, I understand...

So, oh well, I just won't have an avatar :sniff sniff: :(

TEH
07-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey, its not that, its just, some of us guys, we get excited really quickly, and well, to prevent that from happening, we just avoid looking at women, because for us, having a relationship outside of marriage with a girl, isnt allowed. So help us out here, please...

:D

Muezzin
07-22-2005, 04:08 PM
What if you just... pixelated their hair or something?

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh well that's kinda weird, because i'm not a Muslim, and that contradicts the Muslim faith, so should I not be here? I mean, when you sign up you're asked what your faith is...you don't have to be Muslim to be here do you?
Of course it doesn't contradict the Muslim faith. We encourage interreligious dialogue and discussion with non-muslims. But I hope you can see the difference between that and someone who walks into your house with their muddy shoes on. Don't you have the right to ask them to please take their shoes off? Would you expect them to get angry and just say, "If you won't let me where my muddy shoes in your house, I'll never visit you again!!"

I hope its clearer now. You need to take your shoes off before walking on the carpet.

Thank you for your cooperation.

obada
07-23-2005, 01:12 AM
Do I leave the socks though?
hehehe just joking and thats actually a good example
welcome to you all and to me too
I hope you all have nice time by sharing your ideas, interest, and everything with everyone
WA salam

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-23-2005, 02:57 AM
:sl: Brother Obada :) ,
Please make a seperate thread so we can welcome you there.

JazakAllah khair,

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.