/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Burial spots

جوري
02-23-2007, 03:53 AM
:sl:
I was wondering if anyone knew how to purchase a burial spot in Medina? I'd like to be burried there inshallah when I die , but wasn't sure if a foreigner can purchase a spot there? I know that my Grandad was burried in mecca but only because he died there on his way to pilgrimage......I'd appreciate the help of someone who knew.. especially someone from Saudi Arabia
thank you
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM

if you die Madinah then you can be buried there but if you die elsewhere you cant have your body flown to Madinah or anything. :?
but yes if you die in Madinah you wont be prevented from being buried there (that is how it currently is, Allahu A'lam in say 50 years time but i dont think it will change!)

جوري
02-23-2007, 05:03 PM
why can't I have my body flown if I purchase myself a burial spot there? I think people buy spots all the time and I have known lots of people to have their bodies flown to their homeland. I am not originally from there but would they deny me a spot if I pay for it?

S_87
02-23-2007, 05:09 PM

but why would you want to when its not right? the body should be buried asap. people flying their bodies to their homeland doesnt make it right.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nelly
02-23-2007, 05:14 PM
im sure u r supposed 2 be buried where u die. My husband died in england and his body was buried in pakistan. I was so angry wiv their decision but had 2 accept it. They like to hav all the members of their family buried 2geva.

S_87
02-23-2007, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nelly
im sure u r supposed 2 be buried where u die. My husband died in england and his body was buried in pakistan. I was so angry wiv their decision but had 2 accept it. They like to hav all the members of their family buried 2geva.

yes this is a sunnah plus the Prophet :arabic5: instructed us to hasten the burial

nelly
02-23-2007, 05:21 PM
if u r buried next 2 ur family does it make any difference on the dead? I mean wud they no whos next 2 them? and wud they really care?

جوري
02-23-2007, 05:36 PM
I think people should respect the wishes of the deceased period. Besides it never takes more than 24 hours to fly anyone anywhere, sometimes it takes more than that to find a cemetery for Muslims here abroad than just to have one shipped to their homeland for a place they have already selected...There is something called advanced directive which I believe everyone should consider to make their wishes known, for instance what you wish for them to do in case of brain death or sudden death which almost automatically requires a state autopsy especially in a young person. whom you have elected to speak on your behalf even in case you are incapcitated. It isn't about whether dead people know whom their dead neighbors are or not... it isn't even about togetherness. It is about respecting the wishes of the deceased... and about what one wants for a resting place for their final destination.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.