/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Were Ahmad Deedat's views acceptable?

GreatLoveJesus
02-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Salam Alaykum

I would like to know whether Ahmad Deedat's views on how Isa (AS) was saved are acceptable to the Muslim Ulama.

To summarize, Deedat held that Isa (AS) was physically put on the cross, but his enemies took him down too fast, thus unable to kill him. He quotes the Bible extensively, of course, but I would like to know if such a view is acceptable to any of the scholars of Islam, past or present.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skillganon
02-23-2007, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by GreatLoveJesus
Salam Alaykum

I would like to know whether Ahmad Deedat's views on how Isa (AS) was saved are acceptable to the Muslim Ulama.

To summarize, Deedat held that Isa (AS) was physically put on the cross, but his enemies took him down too fast, thus unable to kill him. He quotes the Bible extensively, of course, but I would like to know if such a view is acceptable to any of the scholars of Islam, past or present.
:sl:

Ahmad deedat was is not exactly a scholar of Islam, he was a scholar on comparitive religion, mainly christianity (bible). He may have made errors.

Now to answer you question, the answer is no. No scholars I know of holds that view.

:w:

GreatLoveJesus
02-23-2007, 10:01 AM

The issue is that I asked one student of knowledge (not exactly a student, but he is well-acquanted with different positions), and he told me that some Muslim scholars had held that Isa (AS) did die and will be resurrected later on for his second coming.

So I am also wondering about Ahmad Deedat's views and Muslim scholars. Of course, since Deedat used the Bible, then he was bound to make conclusions from there mostly, as anyone who has read his works knows.

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM

The issue is that I asked one student of knowledge (not exactly a student, but he is well-acquanted with different positions), and he told me that some Muslim scholars had held that Isa (AS) did die and will be resurrected later on for his second coming.

So I am also wondering about Ahmad Deedat's views and Muslim scholars. Of course, since Deedat used the Bible, then he was bound to make conclusions from there mostly, as anyone who has read his works knows.
Well, I don't know what some other scholars said, they will have a hard time affirming that the prophet Isa died.

Firstly it is clear from the Quran he was not cruficied nor killed. He was taken up.

Secondly their are hadith that say's Isa bin maryam was taken up alive and he will come back alive during the time of dajjal. He will do his job than die, and will be resurrected on the day of Judgement

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skillganon
02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Salam Alaykum

Bro ae you sure he said that? can you give me evidence?

As far as I know his belief was that Isa bin maryam did not die nor killed but was raised up alive.

you might want to read this: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ahmad%20deedat

Muslim Knight
02-23-2007, 10:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Bro ae you sure he said that? can you give me evidence?

As far as I know his belief was that Isa bin maryam did not die nor killed but was raised up alive.
It is in the Sheikh Deedat's book The Choice, Volume 2. However, he mentions that Nabi Isa did not die, instead he fell unconscious because of the trauma (of being crucified and nailed to the cross) and when the soldiers believed he was dead, they took his body down and had his companions bury him. Then, the prophet recovered, injured but alive.

Some scholars agree to his theory, but others opt for the substitution theory instead (that Isa alayhi salaam was taken up and somebody else was made to appear as him).

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 10:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
It is in the Sheikh Deedat's book The Choice, Volume 2. However, he mentions that Nabi Isa did not die, instead he fell unconscious because of the trauma (of being crucified and nailed to the cross) and when the soldiers believed he was dead, they took his body down and had his companions bury it. Then, the prophet recovered, injured but alive.

Some scholars agree to his theory, but others opt for the substitution theory instead (that Isa alayhi salaam was taken up and somebody else was made to appear as him).
Bro, the intial question was Jesus dying and being ressurected. Which is not true. Read the third post.

Secondly their is not evidence from the Quran and the sunnah that Jesus lost concious,that he was buried but was alive and recovered.

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Here is further evidence:

b) Shaykh Ahmed Deedat (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

They did not crucify him or kill him, but it seemed to them that they had done so, but they did not crucify or kill the Messiah, because it is certain that they did not kill him. This is how the Muslims understand the confusion about the crucifixion and killing of the Messiah, which is that they did not kill him but this is what they thought and believed that they had done.

Jesus – God, man or myth? (p. 112).

(c) And he (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The one who was crucified was another person who resembled him. The Gospel of Barnabas confirms the view which says that another person was killed instead of him on the cross. This is in accordance with our view, the Muslims. The confusion arose because they killed another person who resembled him.

Jesus – God, man or myth? (p. 138)

Muslim Knight
02-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Bro, the intial question was Jesus dying and being ressurected. Which is not true. Read the third post.

Secondly their is not evidence from the Quran and the sunnah that Jesus lost concious,that he was buried but was alive and recovered.
Bro, I am more inclined to believe that the prophet was taken up alive and someone else was substituted in his stead. This is because the Quranic notion is that he was never crucified to begin with;

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- (Surah an-Nisaa', 4:157)

Maybe someone can explain better.

Umar001
02-23-2007, 10:48 AM

Lol, brother, the intial question was not whether Jesus died, but whether the view held by Ahmed deedat was ok. I.e. that HE was on the cross but didnt die.

Malaikah
02-23-2007, 10:48 AM

Muslim Knight,

Actually based on that verse alone it would seem that either opinion could go. What other supporting evidence is there to suggest he wasn't anywhere near the cross?

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 10:49 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
Bro, I am more inclined to believe that the prophet was taken up alive and someone else was substituted in his stead. This is because the Quranic notion is that he was never crucified to begin with;

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- (Surah an-Nisaa', 4:157)

Maybe someone can explain better.
EDIT: (Spelling correction, incase some people get the wrong idea)

you beat me to it.

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
Lol, brother, the intial question was not whether Jesus died, but whether the view held by Ahmed deedat was ok. I.e. that HE was on the cross but didnt die.
lol soz that was his second question.

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

^Actually based on that verse alone it would seem that either opinion could go. What other supporting evidence is there to suggest he wasn't anywhere near the cross?
because he was not crucified.

Umar001
02-23-2007, 11:03 AM

Muslim Knight,

Actually based on that verse alone it would seem that either opinion could go. What other supporting evidence is there to suggest he wasn't anywhere near the cross?
I think theres a hadith but I dont know the authenticity of it.

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I think theres a hadith but I dont know the authenticity of it.
their is no supporting hadith, but based on the Quran.

He was not crucified nor killed but it appeared to them.

The Quran say, he was not crucified than it is a clear indication he was not put on the cross, nor was he killed in that matter. However it appeared(resemble) to them he was.

Muslim Knight
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM

Muslim Knight,

How so? Do you think the verse shouldn't be taken literally?

I don't know any other supporting evidence. If you could enlighten more on this, well, jazakallah.

Umar001
02-23-2007, 11:19 AM
their is no supporting hadith, but based on the Quran.

He was not crucified nor killed but it appeared to them.

The Quran say, he was not crucified than it is a clear indication he was not put on the cross, nor was he killed in that matter. However it appeared(resemble) to them he was.

Akhi, you telling me that you know for a fact that there is no supporting hadith.

Am confused as "supporting of what" we are talking about. lol.

Skillganon
02-23-2007, 11:23 AM

Akhi, you telling me that you know for a fact that there is no supporting hadith.

Am confused as "supporting of what" we are talking about. lol.
I meant their is no supporrting hadith on Jesus getting crucified but losing conciouseness and get buried but is restored alive.

That is what I meant.

NobleMuslimUK
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
This is how scholars have explained it to me, the ones who thought they crucified Isa AS later also found out they didnt. The reason being, the person they crucified thinking it was Isa AS was a look a like, a person among the ones who planned this, later that person was no where to be found, until they realised they had crucified one of their own and not Isa AS. Its clear from Holy Quran and scholars Isa AS was no where near their crucification ritual, he was raised before they could do that.

Allah SWT knows best

- Qatada -
02-23-2007, 02:42 PM
:salamext:

I think Sheikh Anwar Al-Awlaki stated the view that he was raised to Allaah while he was in prison? I think that's what i heard in lives of the prophets by him. I might be wrong. Allaahu a'lam.

Check the tafsir ibn kathir view insha'Allaah:

http://tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=4&tid=12730

It's explained quite well alhamdulillah.

Al_Imaan
02-23-2007, 04:53 PM

And (remember) when Allah said: "O Iesa (jesus)! I will take you and raise you to Myself and clear you (of the forged statement that Iesa (jesus) is Allahs son) of those who disbelieve, and I will make those who follow you (Monotheists, who worship none but Allah) superior to those who disbelieve (in the Oneness of Allah, or disbelieve in some of His Messengers, e.g. Muhammad SAW, Iesa (jesus), Moosa (Moses), etc., or in His Holy Books, e.g. the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), the Quran) till the Day of Resurrection. Then you will return to Me and I will judge between you in the matters in which you used to dispute."
( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #55)

And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah Iesa (jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of Iesa (jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not (i.e. Iesa (jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) ):
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #157)

But Allah raised him (Iesa (jesus)) up (with his body and soul) unto Himself (and he is in the heavens). And Allah is Ever AllPowerful, AllWise.
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #158)

Narrated Ibn Abbas: Allah's Apostle delivered a sermon and said, "O people! You will be gathered before Allah bare-footed, naked and not circumcised." Then (quoting Quran) he said:-- "As We began the first creation, We shall repeat it. A promise We have undertaken: Truly we shall do it.." (21.104) The Prophet then said, "The first of the human beings to be dressed on the Day of Resurrection, will be Abraham. Lo! Some men from my followers will be brought and then (the angels) will drive them to the left side (Hell-Fire). I will say. 'O my Lord! (They are) my companions!' Then a reply will come (from Almighty), 'You do not know what they did after you.' I will say as the pious slave (the Prophet Jesus) said: And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them. When You took me up. You were the Watcher over them and You are a Witness to all things.' (5.117) Then it will be said, "These people have continued to be apostates since you left them." (Book #60, Hadith #149)

we have ayats from the Quran that states it all....like bro skillganon said...there are no hadith that states Jesus(pbuh) getting crucified but losing conciouseness and get buried but is restored alive.....but there are hadith that say that he'll be sent down again as he was taken up to the heavens.....

Hemoo
02-26-2007, 04:38 PM
read the defence concerning Shaykh Ahmed Deedat

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ahmad%20deedat
In defence of Shaykh Ahmed Deedat (may Allaah have mercy on him)

this article may clear things out

Hemoo
02-26-2007, 04:42 PM
and here are a paper signed by the shiekh him self before he died

he says what is his real faith

http://www.ahmed-deedat.net/Files/Ar...ebsite/B01.jpg

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.