/* */

PDA

View Full Version : niqab

nelly
02-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Is the niqab compulsary? i heard that its not actually stated in the quran?
why is it that wen we perform hajj or umrah we are told not 2 cover the face?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
02-23-2007, 05:06 PM
:sl:

theres a difference of opinion regarding this.
and there is evidence to indicate it is wajib.
yes no where in the Quran does it specifically say cover the face, however it does say dress modestly and when the ayahs of Surah Al Ahzab were revealed the women tore their aprons and covered their faces. Also to remember the Quran enjoins Salah,prayer, but how did we learn how to pray? from the saying and teaching of Muhammed :arabic5: who also said regarding the woman. 'the woman is awrah' (narrated tirmidhi)

in the state of ihram a woman is not told not to cover her face, rather Muhammed :arabic5: instructed the women not to wear the niqab or gloves.

nelly
02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
i was wonderin why women were instructed not 2 cover if it is wajib

S_87
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM

they werent instructed not to cover rater they were instructed no to wear the niqab.
again though, theres a differnce of opinion regarding thsi and was discussed here
http://www.islamicboard.com/hajj-eid...ring-hajj.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nelly
02-23-2007, 05:19 PM
thanx 4 that sister. I suppose that does makes sense. If all women covered their faces then how wud men recognize them and may grab sum1 elses hand by mistake.

S_87
02-23-2007, 05:43 PM

a woman veiled is still very easy to recognise :)

SUMMAYAH
02-23-2007, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

a woman veiled is still very easy to recognise :)
I agree :)

strider
02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nelly
Another hotly debated issue amongst Muslims. One person might be of the opinion that it is waajib, whereas another might read the Quran differently and be of the opinion that it is not.

I remember hearing one explanation for this which is that during Hajj and Umrah, both men and women should be concentrated solely on the rituals of the pilgrimage with sexual thoughts being far from a persons mind.

Although, if a niqaabi does wish to cover her face, she can do so in such a manner that the material does not touch her face i.e. wear a visor and allow the niqab to fall infront of the face that way.

Maidah
02-23-2007, 06:04 PM
From what i've heard only the wives of the Prophet (SAW) were told to wear the niqab, not the other women. So far i haven't found a source for that but if anyone has heard of this please let know of the reference. JazakAllah khair.

S_87
02-24-2007, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
From what i've heard only the wives of the Prophet (SAW) were told to wear the niqab, not the other women. So far i haven't found a source for that but if anyone has heard of this please let know of the reference. JazakAllah khair.

not only the wives, but also the daughters of Muhammed :arabic5: and the believing women......

doorster
08-30-2008, 06:39 PM
http://www.islamicbulletin.com/free_..._face_veil.pdf

TrueStranger
08-31-2008, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

from the saying and teaching of Muhammed :arabic5: who also said regarding the woman. 'the woman is awrah' (narrated tirmidhi)
What is that supposed to mean?

Is the female voice awrah as well????

islamirama
08-31-2008, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
What is that supposed to mean?
All of woman is awrah means her whole body needs to be covered when among non-mahrams.

What is the Awrah of a Muslim Woman?
http://www.islamicnetwork.com/index...._muslim_woman/

Niqab
http://muttaqun.com/niqab.html

A good short answer on niqaab :)

The Niqab - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/v/RZe44SX0EBo&rel=1

The Niqab - Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/v/7_jpPYcX60Q&rel=1

The Niqab - Part 3 *MUST SEE -> on Hijab*
http://www.youtube.com/v/i-lW7Qb3mQM&rel=1

Is the female voice awrah as well????
The woman’s voice is not ‘awrah in principle, for women used to complain to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and ask him about Islamic matters. They also did that with the Rightly-Guided Khaleefahs (may Allaah be pleased with them) and the rulers after them. And they would greet non-mahram men with salaams and return greetings, and none of the imams of Islam denounced them for that. But it is not permissible for a woman to speak in a soft or alluring voice, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allaah), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner”
[al-Ahzaab 33:32]

because men may be tempted by that, as is indicated by this aayah. And Allaah is the source of strength.

more @ http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/26304

'Abd-al Latif
08-31-2008, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nelly
Is the Niqab obligatory?

Part 1

Media Tags are no longer supported

Part 2

Part 3:

doorster
08-31-2008, 12:34 PM
^^ would you say that this man has better knowledge of Qura'anic Arabic than say our Shaikh Albaani did?

'Abd-al Latif
08-31-2008, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
^^ would you say that this man has better knowledge of Qura'anic Arabic than say our Shaikh Albaani did?
Would you say sheikh al-baani (r) is the only sholar who we should seek knowledge from while disregarding others?

doorster
08-31-2008, 01:48 PM
answer my question first. by the way once upon a time link posting had to be accompanied by a description of speaker to help one decide whether to click or not lest one is confronted by some rambling loon with home made translations and fatwahs
Would you say sheikh al-baani (r) is the only sholar who we should seek knowledge from while disregarding others?
it is Naseerudin al albanee (from Albania) not baani

'Abd-al Latif
08-31-2008, 11:08 PM
answer my question first. by the way once upon a time link posting had to be accompanied by a description of speaker to help one decide whether to click or not lest one is confronted by some rambling loon with home made translations and fatwahs
it is Naseerudin al albanee (from Albania) not baani
I already did :)

The speaker is sh. Haithem al-haddad. The speaker (the one who is quiet) is Salim al-Amry.

Shaykh Haitham al-Haddad was born in Saudi Arabia and studied for 12 years with various scholars in Saudi Arabia including Shaykh Abdul Aziz bin Baz and Shaykh Abdullah bin Jibreen. He has an ijaza from Shaykh Abdullah bin Aqeel including Islamic jurisprudence and principles of Islamic jurisprudence.

Shaykh Haitham holds a BSc Honours in Law and Shari'ah from Omdurman University in Khartoum, Sudan. He also holds a Bsc in Computer Science from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (Saudi Arabia) and is currently completing a PHD on the 'Fiqh of minorities' at SOAS, University of London.

Shaykh Haitham sits on the board of advisors of a number of key Islamic organisations in the United Kingdom, including the Islamic Sharia Council of britain. Shaykh Haitham al-Haddads speciality is in principles of Islamic jurisprudence, Islamic law and Islamic finance.
Amongst the regular local community activities, he also maintains the Fatwa Line at Al-Muntada Al-Islami Masjid.
w/salam

doorster
08-31-2008, 11:24 PM
jazakaAllah khair

I will click on it now

wa salaam alaikum

S_87
09-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Good question.
But then when you watch the videos you see his opinion is actually based on the opinion of the sahabahs (like Ibn Abbas radhiallahu anhu) and the salaf (like all four imams of fiqh)

So would you say sheikh albani has better knowledge of Quranic arabic than say the most knowledgable of tafsir, Abdullah ibn Abbas radhiallahu anhu?

(and no disrespect to sheikh Albani, i just find the way you put your question to be :S as if youre putting sheikh albanis understanding to be the correct and only ruling on this.)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.