/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Im confused HELP!

Um_ahmad
02-23-2007, 11:36 PM
So let me get this straight. If your not muslim, Your a kafer. And if your kafer you don't go to heaven. RIGHT?

Then what about there other relegions who are not muslim? Do they go to heaven or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
02-23-2007, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Um_ahmad
So let me get this straight. If your not muslim, Your a kafer. And if your kafer you don't go to heaven. RIGHT?

Then what about there other relegions who are not muslim? Do they go to heaven or not?
Only the Mumin enter Jannah.

Um_ahmad
02-23-2007, 11:38 PM
But then why did allah make other relegions? How is it thier faults if they were not born muslim? Plz explain. From the quran if you could.

tomtomsmom
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Every religion says that if you don't believe in that one then you don't get to go to heaven. That is part of the reason why I don't really have a religion. Who the heck am I to say that this is the right religion so I can go to heaven.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
But then why did allah make other relegions? How is it thier faults if they were not born muslim? Plz explain. From the quran if you could.
Okey, lets go back to the beginning of times when Allah created Adam and Hawa. They disobedied Allah and were sent down to Earth with the message of worshipping only one Allah. After time, the message was lost so Allah sent down prophets from time to time to guide people back onto the right path. From Ibrahim (AS) came the three monothestic faiths but each time the message was corrupted till Allah sent Prophet Muhammed(peace be upon him) as the Final Messager with the final message for everybody.

Along the way, people chose to deviate.Some stuck to the ways of their forefathers and continued to worship idols and such like. Other man made religions flourished, too. So, to answer your question i'll ask it back to you: did Allah make all the religions?

Everybody is born in a state of fitra; its the environment and teachings of parents and guardians which corrupt people. There is an Ayah on this, inshaAlah somebody can post it up.

The guidance is there for anybody who wishes to accept it and live according to God's Will.

- Qatada -
02-23-2007, 11:51 PM
:salamext:

Sister, first of all. The religion of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon all the prophets) was to worship our Creator Alone sincerely, and not to associate partners with Him in that worship.

Now we know that the majority of mankind believe that this universe wasn't created by itself. Only a minority are atheists.

This was in another post:

Let's start off with the fact that the majority of the world believes in a God, or 'Higher being.' The difference between islaam and all other faiths is that instead of just recognising that there is a God, we believe that the Creator created us with the purpose of submitting to Him, worshipping Him alone sincerely without any associates.

These associates can be stone idols, it can be humans (or human legislations) it can be a person's desires etc.

Islaam call's to the worship of God, known as Allaah in arabic. If you're confused about why God is Allaah in arabic, realise that people from spain call God - Dios, the french call God - Dieu etc. Therefore we call God, Allaah in arabic.

Allaah has sent messengers to convey the same message of calling to the worship of God since the beginning of time, since Adam (peace be upon him) the first person to ever live. All the messengers came to call to Allaah's worship, and this is the purpose of our creation - to worship Allaah, without no associates, so no idols, no humans, no law which opposes the law which Allaah has revealed to His messengers.

We as muslims believe that Noah, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon them all) were prophets. There have been a total of 124,000 prophets that have come to mankind to call to the worship of Allaah Alone. However, the majority of mankind has fallen astray, because they do believe in a Creator, but they reject the fact that He should be worshipped alone.

Any deeds we do, we do them sincerely to gain Allaah's Mercy, and if we gain it - we will enter the eternal paradise which all the prophets have called to also. However, if someone rejects the worship of the One God - without any associates, they will be punished in the hellfire. This is the only sin which God does not forgive, why should He, if the person is saying that a stone is God? Or a human is God etc.

We all will die and be raised back on the day of recompense, when Allaah/God will judge between us on all that we did. No-one will be judged unfairly because Allaah is the Most Just. Allaah can bring the dead back to life, the same way He brings the dead land back to life by sending down rain.

If you feel that God is being unfair to His servants by punishing those that associate partners with Him, then the justice for this will also be balanced out. Allaah will ask those who associated partners with Him to ask the one's they worshipped for reward. So if someone worshipped a stone idol, they will ask that for recompense on the day of judgement (obviously the stone won't be able to do anything.) If someone worships a human, even if the human is pious, the person will have to get their reward from this human [but obviously everything is dependant on the Creator.] The one's who worshipped God Alone, sincerely without no associates - they will be rewarded by Allaah, the Exhalted with an eternal paradise where they can have all that they desire, and more.

If anyone feels that it is unjust, then they have to stop being unjust to their own Creator. If Allaah created man so he should worship Him, then why worship the stone idol, or why worship a human when you can turn towards your Creator?

Allaah Almighty knows best.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask insha'Allaah. :)

Peace.

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-23-2007, 11:52 PM
just the mumin enter jannah.because god created muslim all human..

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-24-2007, 12:02 AM
thank you brother for explanation

Um_ahmad
02-24-2007, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aLiTTLeTiMe
just the mumin enter jannah.because god created muslim all human..
I still dont really undertand. If Islam is the only right relegion.....Then why did allah send down the Injeel and the prophets for every relegion. Jewish peopl think they are the right way, same as christians. Allah made all of these relegions NOt just Islam. ( I think)

Um_ahmad
02-24-2007, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Sister, first of all. The religion of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon all the prophets) was to worship our Creator Alone sincerely, and not to associate partners with Him in that worship.

Now we know that the majority of mankind believe that this universe wasn't created by itself. Only a minority are atheists.

This was in another post:

Let's start off with the fact that the majority of the world believes in a God, or 'Higher being.' The difference between islaam and all other faiths is that instead of just recognising that there is a God, we believe that the Creator created us with the purpose of submitting to Him, worshipping Him alone sincerely without any associates.

These associates can be stone idols, it can be humans (or human legislations) it can be a person's desires etc.

Islaam call's to the worship of God, known as Allaah in arabic. If you're confused about why God is Allaah in arabic, realise that people from spain call God - Dios, the french call God - Dieu etc. Therefore we call God, Allaah in arabic.

Allaah has sent messengers to convey the same message of calling to the worship of God since the beginning of time, since Adam (peace be upon him) the first person to ever live. All the messengers came to call to Allaah's worship, and this is the purpose of our creation - to worship Allaah, without no associates, so no idols, no humans, no law which opposes the law which Allaah has revealed to His messengers.

We as muslims believe that Noah, Moses, Jesus, Muhammad (peace be upon them all) were prophets. There have been a total of 124,000 prophets that have come to mankind to call to the worship of Allaah Alone. However, the majority of mankind has fallen astray, because they do believe in a Creator, but they reject the fact that He should be worshipped alone.

Any deeds we do, we do them sincerely to gain Allaah's Mercy, and if we gain it - we will enter the eternal paradise which all the prophets have called to also. However, if someone rejects the worship of the One God - without any associates, they will be punished in the hellfire. This is the only sin which God does not forgive, why should He, if the person is saying that a stone is God? Or a human is God etc.

We all will die and be raised back on the day of recompense, when Allaah/God will judge between us on all that we did. No-one will be judged unfairly because Allaah is the Most Just. Allaah can bring the dead back to life, the same way He brings the dead land back to life by sending down rain.

If you feel that God is being unfair to His servants by punishing those that associate partners with Him, then the justice for this will also be balanced out. Allaah will ask those who associated partners with Him to ask the one's they worshipped for reward. So if someone worshipped a stone idol, they will ask that for recompense on the day of judgement (obviously the stone won't be able to do anything.) If someone worships a human, even if the human is pious, the person will have to get their reward from this human [but obviously everything is dependant on the Creator.] The one's who worshipped God Alone, sincerely without no associates - they will be rewarded by Allaah, the Exhalted with an eternal paradise where they can have all that they desire, and more.

If anyone feels that it is unjust, then they have to stop being unjust to their own Creator. If Allaah created man so he should worship Him, then why worship the stone idol, or why worship a human when you can turn towards your Creator?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask insha'Allaah. :)

Peace.

Im sorry Thanks for your explantion. I just went back and read it all.:statisfie

Skillganon
02-24-2007, 01:11 AM
I still dont really undertand. If Islam is the only right relegion.....Then why did allah send down the Injeel and the prophets for every relegion. Jewish peopl think they are the right way, same as christians. Allah made all of these relegions NOt just Islam. ( I think)
Good did not create other religion except the message of islam.

They might have different shariah but the message of Islam is the same.
So when the Prophet came he came with the same message other prophets came with but a different shariat.

When a New Prophet comes they are usually sent to the people who deviated & they warned about it, some people desbelieve and some people believe.

When you desbelieve in the message the prophets of Allah comes with you are desbelieving in Allah(swt). Y0u are termed a kaafir.

Um_ahmad
02-24-2007, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
Good did not create other religion except the message of islam.

They might have different shariah but the message of Islam is the same.
So when the Prophet came he came with the same message other prophets came with but a different shariat.

Understood. When a New Prophet comes they are usually sent to the people who deviated & they warned about it, some people desbelieve and some people believe.

When you desbelieve in the message the prophets of Allah comes with you are desbelieving in Allah(swt). Y0u are termed a kaafir.

Understood?

If you read What I wrote after that} I thanked Brother fi sabil allah, I had went back and read his message.

And why do I get the feeling from your tone that your angry with me.
Fi_sabil allah was very nice to me when he explained it to me. I came on this site to learn more, not to feel dumb. By you asking me (UNDERSTOOD)? Makes you sound sarcastic brother.

Skillganon
02-24-2007, 01:23 AM
If you read What I wrote after that} I thanked Brother fi sabil allah, I had went back and read his message.

And why do I get the feeling from your tone that your angry with me.
Fi_sabil allah was very nice to me when he explained it to me. I came on this site to learn more, not to feel dumb. By you asking me (UNDERSTOOD)? Makes you sound sarcastic brother.
soz, sis, I was not angry or was trying to make feel dumb. I will EDIT.

Um_ahmad
02-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Thank You brother. Its would make me feel better. Peace.

- Qatada -
02-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I still dont really undertand. If Islam is the only right relegion.....Then why did allah send down the Injeel and the prophets for every relegion. Jewish peopl think they are the right way, same as christians.

Just to focus on that point, Allaah did send prophets to their own nations like it was explained earlier.

Allah made all of these relegions NOt just Islam. ( I think)
And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth). [Qur'an 16:36]

We sent not a messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom. [14:4]

Now these Prophets who went to other nations were ordered to convey the message to their people. So Noah came to his people, Moses came to his people, Jesus came to his people, all the prophets of the past came to their own people to call to the worship of Allaah alone, and not to associate partners with Him.

Islaam means submission, and all the true prophets of Allaah called their people to Islaam, submission to Allaah Almighty. Some people obeyed the messenger while others rejected the messenger. Those who rejected the messengers were destroyed by Allaah because they turned away from Allaah arrogantly when the clear signs had come to them. Even though these prophets were calling to the obedience of Allaah and His reward of paradise.

Now because these prophets had come to their people, Allaah gave some of the messenger's books or laws. So Moses was given the Torah, Jesus the Gospel (Injeel) etc. But what did these books call to? They called to the worship of Allaah, and His law.

This was on another thread:

First of all, we accept the previous scriptures [the Old Testament, the Gospel etc.] When these were sent down to the prophets, it was upto the nation to preserve it.

We know that from among them, there were some people who distorted them. Why was this? Because they wanted to follow their own whims and desires. For instance we know that there are so much copies of the Bible today, each with its own different interpretation. None of these are in the original language, and we know that if a scriptures not in its original language - then it's just a translation, its not the actual scripture. [Look at the bible, and ask yourself why you're using that specific version, why can't it just be that you get the original one? The reason for this is because the original doesn't remain. What does this mean? It mean's that you can't compare any of these versions to see what the original message sent down to Jesus was.]

Therefore, we as muslims do believe that the previous scriptures were revealed to the prophets of the earlier nations, however - these got distorted, even though it was upto these people to preserve the message which was sent to their prophet. And we can rightly say that it doesn't exist no more.

Due to the fact that these scriptures were distorted, and the people started worshipping others besides Allaah, and said things about Him which they shouldn't have said (i.e. we're God's children etc.) Allaah sent the message to the final prophet - Muhammad (peace be upon him.) Muhammad (peace be upon him) would come to confirm what was in the previous scriptures [calling to the worship of Allaah/God Alone without any associates] and this message would be for all of mankind (instead of just for the children of Isra'eel.) This message will be preserved by Allaah, and no-one is able to alter it by Allaah's Mercy. We know that till this day [since over 1400yrs ago] the Qur'an is still in arabic and is still preserved the same way it was over 1400yrs ago.

Why you may ask? Why did Allaah not preserve the message of the previous prophets, yet He preserves the message of Muhammad (peace be upon him)? The answer to this is simple. When Allaah sent a messenger to his people, it was upto the people to preserve the message, but they never had to spread it to different parts of the world. However, the message given to Muhammad (peace be upon him) was for the whole world, so Allaah has preserved it, but it is our duty to spread it to mankind. [If you feel this is wrong, you will find verses from the bible which claim Jesus (peace be upon him) being commanded to “Go to the lost sheep of the House of Israel!” Matthew 10:6]

Whereas Muhammad (peace be upon him) is being told:

"Say: 'O mankind! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth." (Qur'an 7:158)

If you use try reading the Qur'an, you may find things which you find confusing, or verses which you don't understand. You may even accidentally take the verses out of context, so i'd just like to point out that the Qur'an can't be interpreted to our own understanding, rather - it should be understood according to how the Messenger of Allaah, and his companions understood it, due to the fact that they lived it throughout their life.

Therefore you'll have to look at the sciences of tafseer to get a true understanding of the interpretation of the Qur'an. You can do that by visiting these sites insha'Allaah (God willing: )

http://www.tafsir.com/

http://www.theholybook.org/

We don't totally reject the previous scriptures, we believe that they were original once upon a time. Think of it this way, the Old Testament, the New Testament, and the Final Testament (the Qur'an.) The Final Testament confirms what was in the previous scriptures, yet whatever was fabricated/distorted in the previous scriptures has been refuted in the Qur'an/Final Testament, and the Authentic Sunnah [prophetic way/sayings etc.]

If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask.

Strzelecki
02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
So this all means no matter HOW good of a person you were throughout your life. A non-muslim must pronounce the Shahada to get into heaven?

Even if this non-muslim was unconciously living their life in a 100% halal way. [Apologies if that ssentance makes no sense. I'm still learning!]

- Qatada -
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
So this all means no matter HOW good of a person you were throughout your life. A non-muslim must pronounce the Shahada to get into heaven?

Even if this non-muslim was unconciously living their life in a 100% halal way. [Apologies if that ssentance makes no sense. I'm still learning!]

The person has to pronounce the shahadah to testify to the fact that there is none worthy of worship except God, and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His final messenger. :)

Why? Because if the person doesn't believe in the reality of God's message, then their saying that its false right? Which mean's their denying it. Which means their a disbeliever.. we seek refuge in Allaah from falling into disbelief.

We live and die in order to gain Allaah's Pleasure and Mercy, and the only way a person can enter paradise is through gaining Allaah's Mercy. How can that be? It can only be done by doing deeds in order to please God, which means their reward is with Him.

That's why those who reject faith but do some good, they usually do it for other than God. So a person might give lots in charity but might only do it to get famous, others might give charity for the sake of Jesus, but Jesus isn't God. Rather Jesus is an honorable messenger of God. And if Jesus did good deeds to please God, then why shouldn't we follow that example, so we can gain God's Pleasure - in order to enter His paradise?

That's why those who do deeds for other than the sake of God Alone will be asked to get their reward off that other thing they did it to please on the Day of Recompense.

By the way, God knows that we will sin but we should strive not to do it. The best of sinners are those who repent, regret and strive not to do that sin again. :)

If you got any questions, please don't be afraid to ask. :)

Peace.

Strzelecki
02-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks, Fi_Sabilillah!! :D

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-24-2007, 04:12 PM
thank you Fi_Sabilillah for your explanation

Um_ahmad
02-24-2007, 11:13 PM
I have learned so much from this. Thanks everyone.

جوري
02-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Those who stayed true to the right paths will find their justice with G-D inshallah. I have also read somewhere that there are those who knew nothing at all of religion as they didn't have a messanger and their chance will be on the day of judgement itself... (yob'atho 3la nyatihim)--wallah A3lam
read the following hadith
[iii] ’Awf ibn Maalik - radiallaahu ’anhu:
“The Jews split-up into seventy-one sects; one in Paradise and seventy are in the Fire. The Christians split-up into seventy-two sects; seventy-one in the Fire and one in Paradise. And by Him in whose Hand is the life of Muhammad! My Ummah will split-up into seventy-three sects; one in Paradise and seventy-two are in the Fire.” It was said: O Messenger of Allaah! Who are they: He replied: “The Jamaa’ah.” [6]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.