/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The myth of Muslim support for terror

Muslim Woman
02-24-2007, 01:46 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

The myth of Muslim support for terror:

Those who think that Muslim countries and pro-terrorist attitudes go hand-in-hand might be shocked by new polling research: Americans are more approving of terrorist attacks against civilians than any major Muslim country except for Nigeria.

http://snipurl.com/1b62n

The survey, conducted in December 2006 by the University of Maryland's prestigious Program on International Public Attitudes, shows that only 46 percent of Americans think that "bombing and other attacks intentionally aimed at civilians" are "never justified," while 24 percent believe these attacks are "often or sometimes justified."

Contrast those numbers with 2006 polling results from the world's most-populous Muslim countries - Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nigeria.

Terror Free Tomorrow, the organization I lead, found that 74 percent of respondents in Indonesia agreed that terrorist attacks are "never justified"; in Pakistan, that figure was 86 percent; in Bangladesh, 81 percent.

Do these findings mean that Americans are closet terrorist sympathizers? :rolleyes:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-24-2007, 02:04 AM
^^Interesting. More % in Muslim countries eh...lol.

Muslim Woman
02-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Salaam/peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
^^Interesting. More % in Muslim countries eh...lol.
sis, what happened to ur screen name ???:-\

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-26-2007, 05:08 AM
^^I got it changed :p
well u still knows its me rite lol :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.