/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 102 Year Old Arab Man Grows Horns (Pics)

Philosopher
02-24-2007, 05:05 AM

Read more here:
http://www.yobserver.com/printer-11703.php

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-24-2007, 05:06 AM
waaaaaaaaaa? are u serious? thats weird :uuh:

جوري
02-24-2007, 05:16 AM
This is probably an epidermoid.. sometimes they are known to grow in skull sutures...• Skull epidermoids may be encountered in any calvarial bone and involve inner/outer tables or diploe. A surrounding lamina of dense bone (sclerotic rim seen on X-ray) may be seen. Intracranially, the majority are solitary and arise in CP angle. 30% are parasellar. However, they can arise anywhere.
Wallah A3lam... so these aren't horns. This man is just sick and we shouldn't turn him into a spectacle!

rania2820
02-24-2007, 05:18 AM
:sl:

honestly i think this story is made up and the pics have been altered.a lot of arabic papers make up stories and this sounds like one of them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Philosopher
02-24-2007, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
This is probably an epidermoid.. sometimes they are known to grow in skull sutures...• Skull epidermoids may be encountered in any calvarial bone and involve inner/outer tables or diploe. A surrounding lamina of dense bone (sclerotic rim seen on X-ray) may be seen. Intracranially, the majority are solitary and arise in CP angle. 30% are parasellar. However, they can arise anywhere.
Wallah A3lam... so these aren't horns. This man is just sick and we shouldn't turn him into a spectacle!
This man is 102 years old and is quite healthy for his age. Also, there is no indication that the horns are a defect in the article.

جوري
02-24-2007, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
This man is 102 years old and is quite healthy for his age. Also, there is no indication that the horns are a defect in the article.
Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2005 Apr ;107 (3):262-7 15884157
Intradiploic epidermoid cysts of the skull: a report of four cases.
[My paper] Kerem Bikmaz , Murat Cosar , Sirzat Bek , Cem A Gokduman , Mahmut Arslan , A Celal Iplikcioglu
Epidermoid cysts are uncommon, benign and slow-growing lesions. They may often reach an enormous size without producing neurological symptoms. Intradiploic epidermoid cysts are nearly 25% of all epidermoids. They are derived from ectodermal remnants that stay within the cranial bones during embryonic development. Intradiploic epidermoid cysts can be located in any part of the skull. Two of our four cases were located in left occipital bone and the others were in the frontal bone. These tumours can occur at any age from the first to the seventh decade of life. Our cases had a mean age of 38.75 years (19-55 years). They may reach great sizes before the initial diagnosis and may produce major neurological signs. For good long-term prognosis, correct radiological assessment and complete removal of the tumour with its capsule are essential. We report four cases of intradiploic epidermoid cysts of the skull and analyse the clinical, radiological features and treatment of these lesions in the light of relevant literature.

Again Allah A3lam...

Philosopher
02-24-2007, 05:40 AM
[My paper] Kerem Bikmaz , Murat Cosar , Sirzat Bek , Cem A Gokduman , Mahmut Arslan , A Celal Iplikcioglu
Epidermoid cysts are uncommon, benign and slow-growing lesions. They may often reach an enormous size without producing neurological symptoms. Intradiploic epidermoid cysts are nearly 25% of all epidermoids. They are derived from ectodermal remnants that stay within the cranial bones during embryonic development. Intradiploic epidermoid cysts can be located in any part of the skull. Two of our four cases were located in left occipital bone and the others were in the frontal bone. These tumours can occur at any age from the first to the seventh decade of life. Our cases had a mean age of 38.75 years (19-55 years). They may reach great sizes before the initial diagnosis and may produce major neurological signs. For good long-term prognosis, correct radiological assessment and complete removal of the tumour with its capsule are essential. We report four cases of intradiploic epidermoid cysts of the skull and analyse the clinical, radiological features and treatment of these lesions in the light of relevant literature.

Again Allah A3lam...
Thanks for correcting me. Are you a biologist?

جوري
02-24-2007, 05:45 AM
Thanks for correcting me. Are you a biologist?
My undergraduate degree is Biology yes...

It wasn't my intention to correct you. I just feel bad that sometimes we don't know what is wrong with people and we turn them into a spectacle when they are just probably sick... It is good that he is lucid... despite his lesions enormous size it seems superficial i.e only on the outside thereby not impinging on any internal structures... so strange you found this since the study shows only 4 cases he is probably the fifth ha?

He probably won't have it removed and if it isn't bothering him so much then we should let it be ... all I can say is "alhmdlilah Alzhi 3afana mima ibtla beh ghyrona"... we should always be grateful that we are in good health when so many out there have terrible afflictions.

By the way I am not totally sure that is in fact what it is? I have only seen epidermoids in text books and certainly nothing as unusual or grand as this. However I think a logical explanation is always our best bet... and from the sound of it and the location it appears to me that, that is what it is.
:w:

Philosopher
02-24-2007, 05:49 AM
My undergraduate degree is Biology yes...

It wasn't my intention to correct you. I just feel bad that sometimes we don't know what is wrong with people and we turn them into a spectacle when they are just probably sick... It is good that he is lucid... despite his lesions enormous size it seems superficial i.e only on the outside thereby not impinging on any internal structures... so strange you found this since the study shows only 4 cases he is probably the fifth ha?

He probably won't have it removed and if it isn't bothering him so much then we should let it be ... all I can say is "alhmdlilah Alzhi 3afana mima ibtla beh ghyrona"... we should always be grateful that we are in good health when so many out there have terrible afflictions.
Just wondering: Do you think evolution is true?

جوري
02-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Just wondering: Do you think evolution is true?
Which part of the theory? lol
I think G-D created the universe and all that dwells in it......and contrary to popular beliefs some of the most religious people I have encountered are scientests!.. the only die hard Atheists I have met in real life were the lady who taught me philosophy, and two of my English professors....... but I don't wish to generalize.......since only G-D knows whom his hosts are [Pickthal 74:31]وَمَا يَعْلَمُ جُنُودَ رَبِّكَ إِلَّا هُوَ ---- None knoweth the hosts of thy Lord save Him. ---

Strzelecki
02-24-2007, 06:37 AM
Whoa! That's crazy.
I wonder [if this is for real] how long it took for the horns to grow...

Woodrow
02-24-2007, 11:26 AM
The big mystery is why this does not occur more often. The potential for it to occur in any human is there. All it takes is some "triggering mechanism" for it to happen.

Possibly the pictures were enhanced a bit to exaggerate the situation. But, it is most likely a true event and like Sister Ambrosia pointed out, this is a physical health condition and is not to be seen as anything more then the fact the man is sick and needs treatment, not to be made into a side show.

Muezzin
02-24-2007, 03:15 PM

Again Allah A3lam...
That totally explains Darth Maul!

جوري
02-24-2007, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The big mystery is why this does not occur more often. The potential for it to occur in any human is there. All it takes is some "triggering mechanism" for it to happen.

Possibly the pictures were enhanced a bit to exaggerate the situation. But, it is most likely a true event and like Sister Ambrosia pointed out, this is a physical health condition and is not to be seen as anything more then the fact the man is sick and needs treatment, not to be made into a side show.
G-D I can show you some pix of some pretty odd diseases only occurring in the elderly and the worst of the lot in Africa... in the elderly cell repair is just not as good as it is in a young healthy person... Any number of things can go wrong---hence Cancer in general is usually a disease of the aged (that is not to say every cancer is deadly) but certainly cells can grow ungoverned-- and due to age financial situation or whatever they just never bother seeking medical attention. So their problems grow into these enormous sizes that might not have ever been documented. In the case of this gentleman I believe only four people with his afflication have actually sought medical attention......

There is one other book in particular that is out of print entitled the Pathology of Tropical and Extraordinary Diseases. You'd want to gouge your eyes out seeing some of the strange things in there.... really some of the strangest things I have ever seen... makes you want to get down on your knees thanking the lord it isn't you......And it is very sad to see people dying of such strange things that could have been somehow prevented......

Snowflake
02-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Ambrosia sis :D

back to the post.... I've heard of conditions that can cause abnormal bone growth (anywhere in the body) and there are treatments for it too. So just because this happened on the man's head, it doesn't mean he's growing horns.

Honestly from the title I was expecting something like this ^--^ :rollseyes

جوري
02-24-2007, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Ambrosia sis :D

back to the post.... I've heard of conditions that can cause abnormal bone growth (anywhere in the body) and there are treatments for it too. So just because this happened on the man's head, it doesn't mean he's growing horns.

Honestly from the title I was expecting something like this ^--^ :rollseyes
ROFL ;D
Don't think any of us need to go get the million dollar workup yet....

I'll have my order to stay Doc:
one complete body scan
one complete tumor marker panel
chem 13
cbc
Urinalysis
pulseoximetry
electromyography
complete liver enzymes
spiral CT
bilateral lower extremeity venous doppler
TSH
and while we are at it what is wrong with my head?
Please put my tab on one MR bush 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Hey I pay my taxes....

Snowflake
02-24-2007, 03:41 PM
ROFL ;D
Don't think any of us need to go get the million dollar workup yet....

I'll have my order to stay Doc:
one complete body scan
one complete tumor marker panel
chem 13
cbc
Urinalysis
pulseoximetry
electromyography
complete liver enzymes
spiral CT
bilateral lower extremeity venous doppler
TSH
and while we are at it what is wrong with my head?
Please put my tab on one MR bush 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Hey I pay my taxes....
lol uhhh sis... that's all gone over my head ;D

btw, when u qualify.. can I come over for a MIR scan.. I need a full body MOT.. I'm sure summat's wrong with me :giggling:

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-24-2007, 03:54 PM
wooww..it is awfulll !!!

Angelzz
02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
What the ?????????

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.