/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Best Tafsir

AzizMostafa
02-24-2007, 08:49 AM
In 75:17-19, concerning the Gathering+Recitation+Interpretation of the Glorious Quran God says:
1. How much do you know of the Glorious Quran?
2. Can everybody with in-depth knowledge of the Arabic Language explain it? Authorized or not?
3. Did Prophet+Messnger Mohammed (peace be on him) explain it in full to anybody? Any Reference?
4. Or was it left to the companions to explain it differently?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-24-2007, 09:42 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

format_quote Originally Posted by AzizMostafa
In 75:17-19, concerning the Gathering+Recitation+Interpretation of the Glorious Quran God says:

u may visit this link

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=75&tid=56194

i gave few lines from the site below the post.

Thanks with Flowers

--- i can't see any flowers but it's ok :statisfie

&&&

The Cause of rejecting the Day of Judgement is Love of the World and Heedlessness of the Hereafter

Concerning Allah's statement,

[كَلاَّ بَلْ تُحِبُّونَ الْعَاجِلَةَ - وَتَذَرُونَ الاٌّخِرَةَ ]

(But no! Rather you love the present life of this world. And neglect the Hereafter.)

meaning, the only thing that has caused them to reject the Day of Judgement and oppose the true revelation and the Mighty Qur'an Allah revealed to His Messenger is that their only concern is the present worldly life.

They are preoccupied and distracted from the Hereafter. nt, and when Jibril had left he would recite it just as Allah, the Mighty and Sublime had promised him.'' sed to move his lips (rapidly with the recitation).

The narrator, Sa`id, then said, "Ibn `Abbas said to me, `I will move my lips like the Messenger of Allah used to move his lips (in order to show you).''' Then, the subnarrator said, "And Sa`id said to me, `I will move my lips like I saw Ibn `Abbas moving his lips (in order to show you).'''

Then Allah revealed,

[لاَ تُحَرِّكْ بِهِ لِسَانَكَ لِتَعْجَلَ بِهِ - إِنَّ عَلَيْنَا جَمْعَهُ وَقُرْءَانَهُ ]

(Move not your tongue concerning to make haste therewith. It is for Us to collect it and that it be recited. rec?kA ? The Cause of rejecting the Day of Judgement is Love of the World and Heedlessness of the Hereafter Concerning Allah's statement,

[كَلاَّ بَلْ تُحِبُّونَ الْعَاجِلَةَ - وَتَذَرُونَ الاٌّخِرَةَ ]

(But no! Rather you love the present life of this world. And neglect the Hereafter.)

meaning, the only thing that has caused them to reject the Day of Judgement and oppose the true revelation and the Mighty Qur'an Allah revealed to His Messenger is that their only concern is the present worldly life. They are preoccupied and distracted from the Hereafter.

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=75&tid=56194

AzizMostafa
02-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Sadly, I found no answer to my questions?!
Thanks with Flowers:
http://typophile.com/node/29389

Muslim Woman
02-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Salaam/peace

[QUOTE=AzizMostafa;666420]Sadly, I found no answer to my questions?!

--well , i gave 1 ans :D

How much do you know of the Glorious Quran?

:cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AzizMostafa
02-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Muslim Woman, I am still learning. I hope NoName55 will answer All my questions!

AzizMostafa
03-03-2007, 04:06 AM
Still exploring! 13:43 reads:
The unbelievers say, you (Prophet+Messenger Mohammed) are not an Envoy.
Say: God suffices as a witness between me and you, and whosoever possesses knowledge of the Book

2. He who had SOME knowledge of the Book brought the throne of Queen Balqees to Solayman
in the twinkling of an eye (27:40), what could the more knowledgeable do?

AzizMostafa
03-04-2007, 11:56 AM
The possessor of knowledge? Is he one of those names that were taught to Adam? (2:30-33):
And when your Lord said to the angels, I am setting in the earth a viceroy (Khalifa)
They said, What, will Thou set therein one who will do corruption there,
and shed blood, while we proclaim Your praise and call You Holy?
He said, Assuredly I know that you know not
And He taught Adam the names, all of them; then He presented them unto the angels and said,
______________ Now tell Me the names of these, if you speak truly
They said, Glory be to You! We know not save what You have taught us
Surely You are the All-knowing, the All-wise
He said, Adam tell them their names, and when he had told them their names, God said:
Did I not tell you I know the Unseen things of the heavens and earth?
And I know what things you reveal, and what you were hiding

NoName55
03-04-2007, 12:48 PM
:sl:

Click>> by Ibn Kathir: << click

Sahih Al-Bukhari records that when Ibn `Abbas was question about this matter, he said that the earth was created before heaven, and the earth was spread out only after the creation of the heaven. Several Tafsir scholars of old and recent times also said similarly, as we have elaborated on in the Tafsir of Surat An-Nazi`at (chapter 79). The result of that discussion is that the word Daha (translated above as "spread'') is mentioned and explained in Allah's statement,
وَالاٌّرْضَ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ دَحَـهَا - أَخْرَجَ مِنْهَا مَآءَهَا وَمَرْعَـهَا - وَالْجِبَالَ أَرْسَـهَا
(And the earth, after that, He spread it out. And brought forth therefrom its water and its pasture. And the mountains He has fixed firmly.) (79:30-32)
Therefore, Daha means that the earth's treasures were brought to its surface after finishing the job of creating whatever will reside on earth and heaven. When the earth became Daha, the water burst out to its surface and the various types, colors, shapes and kinds of plants grew. The stars started rotating along with the planets that rotate around them. And Allah knows best.
وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَـئِكَةِ إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِى الأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةً قَالُواْ أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَن يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا وَيَسْفِكُ الدِّمَآءَ وَنَحْنُ نُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِكَ وَنُقَدِّسُ لَكَ قَالَ إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ
(30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth.'' They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, ـ while we glorify You with praises and thanks and sanctify You.'' He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know.'')

Al-Qurtubi, as well as other scholars, said that this Ayah (2:30) proves the obligation of appointing a Khalifah to pass judgements on matters of dispute between people, to aid the oppressed against the oppressor, to implement the Islamic penal code and to forbid evil. There are many other tasks that can only be fulfilled by appointing the Imam, and what is necessary in performing an obligation, is an obligation itself. We should state here that Imamah occurs by either naming a successor, as a group among Ahl As-Sunnah scholars said occurred - by the Prophet - in the case of Abu Bakr, or hinting to a successor. Or, the current Khalifah names a certain person as Khalifah after him, as Abu Bakr did with `Umar. Or, the Khalifah might leave the matter in the hands of the Muslim consultative council, or a group of righteous men, just as `Umar did. Or, the people of authority could gather around a certain person to whom they give the pledge of allegiance, or they could select one among them to choose the candidate, according to the majority of the scholars.
The Khalifah must be a responsible adult Muslim male, able to perform Ijtihad (independent legal judgments), bodily able, righteous, with knowledge of warfare, politics. He also must be from the tribe of Quraysh, according to the correct view, but it is not necessary that he be from the tribe of Bani Hashim, or that he be immune from error, as the Rafidah (Shiites) falsely claim.
When the Khalifah becomes an immoral person (Fasiq), should he be impeached There is disagreement over this matter, but the correct view is that he is not to be removed, because the Messenger of Allah said,
إِلَّا أَنْ تَرَوْا كُفْرًا بَوَاحًا عِنْدَكُمْ مِنَ اللهِ فِيهِ بُرْهَان
(Unless you witness a clear Kufr regarding which you have clear proof from Allah. )
Does the Khalifah have the right to resign from his post There is a difference on this issue. It is a fact that Al-Hasan bin `Ali removed himself from the position of Khalifah and surrendered it to Mu`awiyah. However, this occurred because of a necessity, and Al-Hasan was praised for this action.
It is not permissible to appoint two Imams for the world or more at the same time. This is not allowed because the Messenger of Allah said,
مَنْ جَاءَكُمْ وَأَمْرُكُمْ جَمِيعٌ يُرِيدُ أَنْ يُفَرِّقَ بَيْنَكُمْ فَاقْتُلُوهُ كَائِنًا مَنْ كَان
(Whoever came to you while you are united and tried to divide you, then execute him, no matter who he is.)
This is the view of the majority of scholars. Imam Al-Haramayn stated that Abu Ishaq allowed the appointment of two or more Imams when the various provinces are far away from each other. However, Imam Al-Haramayn himself was indecisive about this view.
وَعَلَّمَ ءَادَمَ الأَسْمَآءَ كُلَّهَا ثُمَّ عَرَضَهُمْ عَلَى الْمَلَـئِكَةِ فَقَالَ أَنبِئُونِى بِأَسْمَآءِ هَـؤُلاَءِ إِن كُنتُمْ صَـدِقِينَ - قَالُواْ سُبْحَـنَكَ لاَ عِلْمَ لَنَآ إِلاَّ مَا عَلَّمْتَنَآ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَلِيمُ الْحَكِيمُ - قَالَ يَـاءَادَمُ أَنبِئْهُم بِأَسْمَآئِهِمْ فَلَمَّآ أَنبَأَهُم بِأَسْمَآئِهِم قَالَ أَلَمْ أَقُل لَّكُمْ إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ غَيْبَ السَّمَـوَاتِ وَالاٌّرْضِ وَأَعْلَمُ مَا تُبْدُونَ وَمَا كُنتُمْ تَكْتُمُونَ
(31. And He taught Adam all the names (of everything), then He showed them to the angels and said, "Tell Me the names of these if you are truthful.'') (32. They (angels) said: "Glory is to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, You are the Knower, the Wise.'') (33. He said: "O Adam! Inform them of their names,'' and when he had informed them of their names, He said: "Did I not tell you that I know the Ghayb (unseen) in the heavens and the earth, and I know what you reveal and what you have been concealing'')

AzizMostafa
03-05-2007, 05:52 AM
Noname55, so the possessor of knowledge + the chosen successor = ?!
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-mohammed.html

NoName55
03-05-2007, 10:41 AM
If you are trying to make me say Ali R.A. then,the 12, khomeini, then njedad now, I am not going to, so please give it up

:w:

edit: Name of Holy Prophet is *NOT* PM

AzizMostafa
03-06-2007, 09:47 AM
1. Peace be on Prophet+Messenger Mohammed
2. Step by step, please.

NoName55
03-06-2007, 09:53 AM
edit

NoName55
03-06-2007, 09:56 AM
1. Peace be on Prophet+Messenger Mohammed
2. Step by step, please.

1. hence forth I only read and not reply to you
  2. good bye :(

NoName55
03-08-2007, 12:17 AM

Tafsir Ibn Kathir is one of the Most Comprehensive and Complete
Explanation of The Noble Quran.

The Qur'an is the revelation of Allah's Own Words for the guidance of His
creatures. Since the Qur'an is the primary source of Islamic teachings, the
correct understanding for the Qur'an is necessary for every Muslim. The
Tafsir of Ibn Kathir is the most renowned and accepted explanation
of the Qur'an in the entire world. In it one finds the best presentation
of Ahadith, history, and scholarly commentary.

Translated and abridged by a group of scholars under the supervision of
Sheikh Safiur-Rahman Al-Mubarakpuri.

DOWNLOAD (.chm)

size:7.7 MB

[Aqeedah] [Imaan][Tawheed] [Salah] [Dua] [Zakah] [Fasting] [Hajj]
[Sunnah] [Seerah] [Final Journey] [Character] [SiteMap]

Khayal
03-08-2007, 01:47 AM

Is there an urdu version of tafseer ibn katheer, I have a hard copy of it, but i need it on the computer too..

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-08-2007, 03:14 AM

Tafsir Ibn Kathir.

http://www.4shared.com/file/11895177...n_Katheer.html

Just download and run. It should work. Let me know if there are any problems, there should not be any Insha'Allaah.

Khayal
03-08-2007, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani

Tafsir Ibn Kathir.

http://www.4shared.com/file/11895177...n_Katheer.html

Just download and run. It should work. Let me know if there are any problems, there should not be any Insha'Allaah.

JazakAllah khair brother for the link, Is it urdu version?

Khayal
03-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Brother, I don't believe that my computer can open chm files, do you know any program that will allow me 2 open it?

NoName55
03-08-2007, 09:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *ShEeBa*
Brother, I don't believe that my computer can open chm files, do you know any program that will allow me 2 open it?

How to open CHM (HTML Help) files

If you have Windows 2000(or a later version) or Microsoft Office 2000, you already have the HTML Help viewer.

If you are unable to open .CHM files, you can get the latest HTML Help viewer from the Microsoft
web site. The HTML Help viewer
is a free download and is about 700k in size.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...6-F598C11CCECF
This download contains the redistributable files for HTML Help version 1.3

System Requirements
  • Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows 95; Windows 98; Windows ME; Windows NT; Windows XP
Microsoft® Windows® XP (Home Edition or Professional), Microsoft® Windows® Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Microsoft Windows® 2000 (Professional or Server), Microsoft Windows NT® version 4.0 (Professional or Server), Windows 95, or Windows 98.

Instructions

1. Download the file by clicking on its link.
  2. Install the packaged content by running the self-extracting executable file. This will create a directory structure containing the redistributable files. You have control over the installation location.

AzizMostafa
03-08-2007, 12:29 PM
To better understand the words of God, Arabs and non-Arabs are advised to re-arrange the Glorious Quranic verses in the order they were revealed to Prohet+Messenger Mohammed (peace be on him). Only then, they will find answers to my questions

NoName55
03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *ShEeBa*

.................... Is it urdu version?

this one is in urdu, http://qurango.com/tafseer.html

It is scanned pictures of pages, which you may join with a pdf maker

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM
To better understand the words of God, Arabs and non-Arabs are advised to re-arrange the Glorious Quranic verses in the order they were revealed to Prohet+Messenger Mohammed (peace be on him). Only then, they will find answers to my questions

The Qur'an is in the most perfect order and there is no reason to re-arrange anything.

Khayal
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
this one is in urdu, http://qurango.com/tafseer.html

Its scanned pictures which you may join with a pdf maker
:sl: Brother

wow! shukria, jazakAllah khair brother. no need to make pdf files, I'll read it direct from the link InshaAllah.

AzizMostafa
03-09-2007, 04:47 AM
Thanks Brothers+Sisters with Flowers.
According to Ibn Kathir's interpretation to (3:7), which one is correct, A or B?
______________________A______________________
And none knows its interpretation, save only God and those firmly rooted in knowledge
They say: "We believe in it; all is from our Lord", yet none remembers, but men possessed of minds.
______________________B______________________
And none knows its interpretation, save only God.
And those firmly rooted in knowledge say:
"We believe in it; all is from our Lord", yet none remembers, but men possessed of minds.
______________________C______________________
If A, who are those firmly rooted in knowledge?
If B, how does Ibn Kathir know the interpretation of the Glorious Quran?
Answer A or B from what you understand from Ibn Kathir, please.

AzizMostafa
04-12-2007, 06:25 AM
Surely, it is a Noble Quran, in a hidden Book. (56:77-79)
None handles (explains) it save the Purified ones (33:33)
They took (knowledge) directly from God through the truthful Prophet.
It is through them, not others, that God brings conquest.
It is through them, not others, that God sets the seal on successorship.
Or did I misunderstand?!

syilla
08-20-2007, 08:25 AM
*bump

to download the tafsir... :D

syilla
08-20-2007, 08:29 AM
:salamext:

I just realised that when i try open the ibn kathir translation it says can't be viewed.

can use this.

http://www.fisabilillah.org/tafsir_surah.asp

NoName55
08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

I just realised that when i try open the ibn kathir translation it says can't be viewed.

Click>> by Ibn Kathir: << click
or
http://www.islamicboard.com/674379-post9.html

also should look at Ma’ariful Quran at http://www.islamibayanaat.com/EnglishMarefulQuran.htm

- Ma’arif al Quran - Mufti Shafi Uthmani (Complete) -

or from rapidshare

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 1 :- Surah Al Fatiha and Surah Al Baqarah.

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 2 :- Surah Aal ‘Imran and Surah An Nisa.

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 3 :- Surah Al Ma-idah till Surah Al A’raf upto ayah 93.

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 4 :- Surah Al A’raf from ayah 94 till Surah Al Hud.

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 5 :- Surah Yusuf till Surah Al Kahf.

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 6 :- Surah Maryam till Surah Ar Rum

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 7 :- Surah Luqman till Surah Al Ahqaf

Ma’ariful Quran Vol 8 :- Surah Muhammad till Surah An Nas.

Surah Locator:

NoName55
08-20-2007, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
If you are trying to make me say Hazrat Ali R.A. then the 12 "imams", khomeini, then njedad now, I am not going to, so please give it up

edit: Name of Holy Prophet is *NOT* PM
edit2: due to typing error Mahmood Ahmadi-Najad appeared as njedad.

sorry, Sr. Umma Wasat, for confusing post!

NoName55
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
(Reply to a deleted post)

Please read: http://www.islamicboard.com/667647-post4.html

edit: Only Muslims can ask me anything in this thread as I shall refuse to entertain anyone else. thanks for any help and consideration in advance!

edit2: in tafsir one is able to give background to an Ayah as just verbatim translation can be misused (by both Muslims and opponents of Islam) but with tafsir (explaination) one can understand the context as well as be directed to another ayah for further understanding. wasalam.

sabachthani
08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
So, if all the topics were comprehensively compiled, in revelation chronology, a verbatim interpretation would be possible?

Why are the revelations so enshrouded in all this unnecessary ambiguity? Does God not want perfect and faithful following?

Woodrow
08-20-2007, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabachthani
So, if all the topics were comprehensively compiled, in revelation chronology, a verbatim interpretation would be possible?

Why are the revelations so enshrouded in all this unnecessary ambiguity? Does God not want perfect and faithful following?
Remember the Tasfir and the Hadith are not the direct word of Allah(swt) they are the conclusions and witnessing of events by scholars. this was written by men for men. Much was done at different times and places. What we have today is a compilation of efforts.

So far I have not found any Muslims who have had any problem with this arraignment. It works

I do not know of anybody who has ever tried to use Tasfir as a means to explain Islam to a non-Muslim. Far better that a person first becomes knowledgeable in the basics and the pillars of faith.

Once again to clarify, it is impossible to have a logical verbatim translation of Arabic into another language. To those of us who are reverts it is our duty to learn Arabic. It is not that difficult.

Could the Tasfir be translated into a reasonable approximation? Probably, but why? We are not asked to perform an impossible task and a Muslim revert is filled with an insatiable desire to learn Arabic.

I am certain that what I have said can be better stated Islamicaly, but this is my attempt at a general explanation. My brothers and Sisters may correct any errors I may have made in my explanation.

NoName55
08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
I am certain that what I have said can be better stated Islamicaly, but this is my attempt at a general explanation. My brothers and Sisters may correct any errors I may have made in my explanation.
I can't better it except to add that in tafsir one is able to give background to an Ayah as just translation can be misused but with tafisir one can understand the context as well as be directed to another ayah for further understanding. wasalam.

syilla
08-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Brother Noname i can't open the file for - Ma’arif al Quran - Mufti Shafi Uthmani (Complete) -

Or do i have to have a rapidshare software too?

NoName55
08-21-2007, 01:54 AM
rapidshare free is very difficult to download from therefore it is better to get files from http://www.islamibayanaat.com/EnglishMarefulQuran.htm

However they all are pdf format for which a pdf reader is required obtainable free from:

Adobe - Adobe Reader Download - All versions

or

Foxit Software

or
Adobe Reader 7.0 Freeware Software

or

Foxit PDF Reader 2.0 build 1516 - free

pdf 995: create PDF documents easily for free

syilla
08-21-2007, 02:04 AM
i have pdf reader don't worry.

Jazakallah khayr.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.