/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on putting the Athaan/Qur’aan as one’s ring tone on the cell Phone

Umm Yoosuf
02-24-2007, 08:25 PM
The ruling on using the Athaan and the Noble Qur’aan instead of music on the cell phones.

Question: What is your opinion regarding whoever places on the cell phone instead of Music, the Athaan or recitation of the Noble Qur’aan?

Answer: This is degrading (or misusing) the Athaan, Thikr, and the Noble Qur’aan. So these should not be taken as alarms (i.e. ring tones). The Qur’aan is not to be taken for use as an alarm. It might be said: “This is better than music!” Ok, the music – are you forced to use it?! Leave the music, and put something that is a alarm tone (i.e. normal ringing). Something that does not contain music, nor does it contain Qur’aan. It should be a simple ring only.

From a tape entitled: Liqaa’ Maftooh ma’a Ash-Shaikh Al-‘Allaamah Saalih bin Fawzaan Al-Fawzaan (hafidhahullaah). Dated 10-23-1426 Hijri.
Source: http://www.sahab.net/forums/showthre...hreadid=344588
Translated by Aqeel Walker
2/24/07

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jzcasejz
02-24-2007, 08:31 PM
JazakAllah...It's Short 'n' Sweet...
A Nice Read :)

chacha_jalebi
02-24-2007, 08:32 PM
good post, theres no point in puttin the quran as a tone, if you wana hear it just put it on ya ipod or mp3 and listen to it :D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-24-2007, 08:33 PM
:sl:

^ Yeah and it's disrepectful as well. To turn off the Qur'an to answer someone else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh :-[

JazakAllah,

imsad Peace :)

...its on silent anyways :rollseyes :X

Shukria
02-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Jazakullah..So it would also include putting an audio of du'a as a ring tone which is quite popular at the moment..

Pk_#2
02-24-2007, 11:30 PM
ermmmmm................. well it might be disrespetful also, i mean who says half a dua :)

erm...and u myt be in the loo(who takes der fone der) :oS

Umar001
02-24-2007, 11:50 PM
But I thought ring ring would be music, i.e. made from instruments?

aLiTTLeTiMe
02-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Jaakallah Khair

Pk_#2
02-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Well now i just got ma cousin saying, 'pik up de fone u dummy'

no music :)

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I was wondering the exact same thing since when u answer the phone u are also 'cutting off' in the middle of the ayah which is disrespectable of course

Jazakallah khair for the post sis

Maimunah
03-03-2007, 12:56 PM
subhanallah and my ring tone is quraan:(
i must change it now.

jazakaAllah khayr sis

wasalaamu aleykum wr br

Natural
03-16-2007, 01:20 AM
Wow, I never really thought about it. I have actually seen websites that advertise the Azan and other Islamic ringtones! Yes you are right, it would be extremely disrespectful to have the Azan playing at an inappropriate time and/or to stop it by answering the phone. Thanks for the post!

Pk_#2
11-02-2007, 01:29 PM
*Bump*

This is the thread i was talking about @ sis Jihadunnafs,

:X Sorry i thought Al-Muwahhidah posted it, but i found out i was wrong after going through 12 pages of threads! :mmokay:

Intisar
11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah

^ Yeah and it's disrepectful as well. To turn off the Qur'an to answer someone else.
:w: I agree akhi! Just have it as a ringing sound, and listen to the Quraan on your MP3 device much better, and less disrespectful.

Re.TiReD
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
:salamext:

oh! :( I had no idea! I have the most beautiful recitation as my ringtone :( and whenever it plays I'm like *sigh* and I actually put off answering my phone just to listen to it...I know I can listen to it on my mp3 but when it just plays out of the blue I love it! buh i guess I should change it now :-\ also it usually rings when I'm in public, on the train etc and I can just hear the non-Muslims listening and wondering what it is...that kind of makes me think wow! imagine they wanted to hear more after listening to this! lol kind of silly I know. Anyway khayr, JazakALLAH :w:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
The normal ringtones i.e. ringing is no different than music. Some kinda "instrument" is used....whats the difference...i jus keep mine on vibrate or put a nasheed containing no music. If thats no good, might as well not have a fone. I keep my fone on vibrate but even at times i dont hear it. And when i see i have like 18 missed calls from my mom, she kinda goes off on me and it aint pretty. She panics if I dont answer and I say it didnt vibrate, but to no avail...lol.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Ill scream it from my mouth, forget it ringing from my phone. I did that in one of my classes, it was awesome lol.

AnonyMouse~
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
I hate it when somebodys fone rings n they pick it up in the middle of an ayah its like O.o

JazakAllah Khair.

Detritavore
03-21-2009, 08:51 AM
If you're looking for 'halal' ring tones why not download animal calls. My phone fell in a stream but prior to this unfortunate event I use to have everything from birds singing to cows mooing. For morning alarms I would suggest a roaster call.

You see it's really nothing to make a song and dance about (pun not intended).

Tony
03-21-2009, 09:30 AM
What about a recitation of Al Fatiha, only answer after each complete verse. :)

BlackMamba
03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
I just read a fatwa but Mufti Desai. Its Haram.
http://askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?a...0e88198e07b487

seeker-of-light
03-21-2009, 11:20 PM
oh wow!!! i never thought of it like that, of course i dont have a cell phone anyways *everyone gasps* but when i do get one i will remember this^^

AabiruSabeel
03-22-2009, 04:34 AM

Why not use something as simple as:
http://www.archive.org/download/Ringtones_480/Beg4.amr

or http://www.archive.org/download/Ring..._2008_64kb.mp3

kwolney01
03-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Isn't the Athaan a type of alarm anyway? Come on, I think this may be a little extreme. I get the point that it is disrespectful because you are stopping the recitation to answer the phone, but this is not the intention to be disrespectful. Everyday we hear the Athaan and stop what we are doing to pray, this is a type of alarm. I think having the Athaan on your phone to remind you to pray is good, but maybe not for an alarm. Maybe it would be better all round to use some type of dua or nasheed. This is all just my opinion. I think the majority of the time we are being tested on our intentions. Everything has to do with the intention.

Vito
03-23-2009, 04:29 AM
The athan is a call for prayer, not a call to answer your phone :D. As far as the topic in general, not sure why people go crazy to buy ringtones for their phones, let alone put religious things on it, when they will just end up cutting it off within seconds. Most phones come with mp3 players anyways so why not just use them for that.

BlackMamba
03-23-2009, 08:26 AM
You can set an alarm to go off on your phone that goes off during time for salah and you Could make that alarm the athan. It's especially good for salat al fajr.
But as far as an athan being a call to answer your phone, haram.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.