/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Schools must ban “un-Islamic” activities says Muslim Council

England
02-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Muslims make up less than 5% of the UK population but their demands for change remain ceaseless and have an increasing impact on the overwhelming non-Muslim majority. Despite bleatings from government ministers that Muslims living in the UK must do more to integrate and embrace some manufactured civic sense of “Britishness” in reality Labour ministers are well aware that they can no longer rely on the white working class for their support and need to appease the bloc vote of the Muslim community and attempt to repair the damage done to Labour’s credibility after its illegal involvement in the Middle East.

Just a few days ago the Muslim Council of Britain set out a detailed list of demands to change Britain’s schools into Taliban-style centres of learning. The arrogant demands are the most comprehensive yet revealed by the Jihadists who want to bring the UK into the embrace of Islam – a very likely outcome unless our own elected rulers deliver a polite but firm “no” to any further demand from the Muslim community. The MCB claims to be the voice of “moderate Muslims” but if even a fraction of the demands were met the damage done to British society would exceed that of a dozen terror suicide bomber extremists.

The report, Towards Greater Understanding – Meeting The Needs of Muslim Pupils In State Schools, says all schools should bring in effective bans for all pupils on ‘un-Islamic activities’ like dance classes.

Ramadan restrictions

It also wants to limit certain activities during Ramadan. They include science lessons dealing with sex, parents’ evenings, exams and immunisation programmes.

The holy month – when eating and drinking is not allowed in daylight hours – should also see a ban on swimming lessons in case pupils swallow water in the pool.

When swimming is allowed, boys should wear clothing covering their bodies ‘from the navel to the neck’, even during single-sex pool sessions, while girls must be covered up completely at all times, apart from the face and hands.

The MCB adds that schools should ensure contact sports, including football and basketball, ‘are always in single-gender groups’.

Even school trips are targeted in the report, which wants them all to be made single-sex ‘to encourage greater participation from Muslim pupils’.

It wants Arabic language classes for Muslim pupils, and says the Koran should be recited in music classes. And all schools should ensure they have prayer rooms with washing facilities attached, it says.

In art classes, Muslim children should not be allowed to draw people, as this is forbidden under some interpretations of Islamic law.

And while the MCB insists that all British children should learn about Islam, it wants Muslims to have the right to withdraw their children from RE lessons dealing with Christianity and other faiths.

Even raffle tickets – often sold by schools to raise badly needed funds for school trips are condemned as a form of gambling.

Special treatment

The MCB says special treatment and opt-outs are necessary because otherwise Muslim pupils will feel excluded from school activities and lessons.

A degree of concern should be raised at the involvement of the Labour regime in this report because Professor of Education Tim Brighouse, who is also the chief adviser for London schools was present at the launch on Wednesday (21st).

No Labour minister has yet replied to the demands but one outspoken Conservative MP Greg Hands said: ‘The MCB needs to realise it has to move closer to the rest of the community, not away from it.

‘The presence of Tim Brighouse implies Government backing of this report. This is very worrying.’

Terry Sanderson of the National Secular Society said the report was a ‘recipe for disaster’.

He added: ‘Schools with even just a handful of Muslim kids will find they have to follow these guidelines because there aren’t the staff to have one set of classes for Muslims and another for the rest.

‘The MCB shouldn’t try to force its religious agenda on children who may not want it. The Government needs to send the MCB packing. Schools should be about teaching, not preaching.’

The full document, setting forth the outrageous demands from this pushy Muslim minority can be found here.http://www.mcb.org.uk/downloads/Schoolinfoguidance.pdf

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Philosopher
02-25-2007, 03:33 AM
This guy is an idiot. He's living in foreign lands and must abide by their laws, even if they enforce a hijab ban. You wont see Muslim countries fussing up to Christian demands. We need to be fair.

NoName55
02-25-2007, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Muslims make up less than 5% of the UK population but their demands for change remain ceaseless and have an increasing impact on the overwhelming non-Muslim majority. Despite bleatings from government ministers that Muslims living in the UK must do more to integrate and embrace some manufactured civic sense of “Britishness” in reality Labour ministers are well aware that they can no longer rely on the white working class for their support and need to appease the bloc vote of the Muslim community and attempt to repair the damage done to Labour’s credibility after its illegal involvement in the Middle East.

Just a few days ago the Muslim Council of Britain set out a detailed list of demands to change Britain’s schools into Taliban-style centres of learning. The arrogant demands are the most comprehensive yet revealed by the Jihadists who want to bring the UK into the embrace of Islam – a very likely outcome unless our own elected rulers deliver a polite but firm “no” to any further demand from the Muslim community. The MCB claims to be the voice of “moderate Muslims” but if even a fraction of the demands were met the damage done to British society would exceed that of a dozen terror suicide bomber extremists.

The report, Towards Greater Understanding – Meeting The Needs of Muslim Pupils In State Schools, says all schools should bring in effective bans for all pupils on ‘un-Islamic activities’ like dance classes.

Ramadan restrictions

It also wants to limit certain activities during Ramadan. They include science lessons dealing with sex, parents’ evenings, exams and immunisation programmes.

The holy month – when eating and drinking is not allowed in daylight hours – should also see a ban on swimming lessons in case pupils swallow water in the pool.

When swimming is allowed, boys should wear clothing covering their bodies ‘from the navel to the neck’, even during single-sex pool sessions, while girls must be covered up completely at all times, apart from the face and hands.

The MCB adds that schools should ensure contact sports, including football and basketball, ‘are always in single-gender groups’.

Even school trips are targeted in the report, which wants them all to be made single-sex ‘to encourage greater participation from Muslim pupils’.

It wants Arabic language classes for Muslim pupils, and says the Koran should be recited in music classes. And all schools should ensure they have prayer rooms with washing facilities attached, it says.

In art classes, Muslim children should not be allowed to draw people, as this is forbidden under some interpretations of Islamic law.

And while the MCB insists that all British children should learn about Islam, it wants Muslims to have the right to withdraw their children from RE lessons dealing with Christianity and other faiths.

Even raffle tickets – often sold by schools to raise badly needed funds for school trips are condemned as a form of gambling.

Special treatment

The MCB says special treatment and opt-outs are necessary because otherwise Muslim pupils will feel excluded from school activities and lessons.

A degree of concern should be raised at the involvement of the Labour regime in this report because Professor of Education Tim Brighouse, who is also the chief adviser for London schools was present at the launch on Wednesday (21st).

No Labour minister has yet replied to the demands but one outspoken Conservative MP Greg Hands said: ‘The MCB needs to realise it has to move closer to the rest of the community, not away from it.

‘The presence of Tim Brighouse implies Government backing of this report. This is very worrying.’

Terry Sanderson of the National Secular Society said the report was a ‘recipe for disaster’.

He added: ‘Schools with even just a handful of Muslim kids will find they have to follow these guidelines because there aren’t the staff to have one set of classes for Muslims and another for the rest.

‘The MCB shouldn’t try to force its religious agenda on children who may not want it. The Government needs to send the MCB packing. Schools should be about teaching, not preaching.’

The full document, setting forth the outrageous demands from this pushy Muslim minority can be found here.http://www.mcb.org.uk/downloads/Schoolinfoguidance.pdf
"boys should wear clothing covering their bodies ‘from the navel to the neck’," (That would make them naked waist down)

Amazing, but it looks like a lie, if not downright racist thread to lil' ole me.
(muslim can't demand anything of non-Muslim ruler but ask or emigrate)
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
This guy is an idiot. He's living in foreign lands and must abide by their laws, even if they enforce a hijab ban. You wont see Muslim countries fussing up to Christian demands. We need to be fair.
What gives you the right to call a person "idiot" who you don't even know? Are we hoping to please the Nazis? Do you know for a fact that he is not obeying British Law? If so prove it while making such claims. And is it not your duty to report his "crimes" to the authorities? Are we rehearsing/auditioning for our lead part for the play that I'm writing titled "Uncle Tom goes to England?

Malaikah
02-25-2007, 05:09 AM
Taliban style? Arrogant? Jihadist??

Sounds like to only arrogant one here is the one who wrote the article, not to mention ignorant and bias.

Note the exaggeration and re-wording:

From article:

From the actual document:

Swimming during Ramadan
In general, participation in swimming is an acceptable activity whilst fasting. However, for many pupils this activity may prove to be an issue, as the potential for swallowing water is very high. Some pupils or parents consider the risk too great and may wish to avoid swimming whilst fasting. Others may take the view that as swallowing is unintentional it does not break the fast.
Schools with a significant number of Muslim pupils should try to avoid scheduling swimming lessons during Ramadan to remove unnecessary barriers to full participation.
The document didn't say dance should be banned either, it said Muslims students should be excused.

Anyone else notice the authors deliberate attempt to stir up trouble?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
02-25-2007, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Anyone else notice the deliberate attempt to stir up trouble?
:sl:
Alas! It looks like only you and I did sister!

I even got ignored when I reported the thread.(since it is suppose to be against forum rule to post lies aginst Islaam)

:w:

Bittersteel
02-25-2007, 10:35 AM
haha

I feel sorry for the UK right now.I mean they along with the rest of Europe are pushing liberalism in Islamic countries.I hope the Ingrez finally knows what it feels like to be living under laws you don't want.
the day these unbelieveable stuff are enforced will be the day my fantasies come true.

NoName55
02-25-2007, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
haha

I feel sorry for the UK right now.I mean they along with the rest of Europe are pushing liberalism in Islamic countries.I hope the Ingrez finally knows what it feels like to be living under laws you don't want.
the day these unbelieveable stuff are enforced will be the day my fantasies come true.
don't worry yourself, No-one is going to force or is forcing Islaamic Law on England or U.K

strider
02-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Banning sex education and science lessons? We might aswell ban English Literature and Art while your at it too.

How ridiculous.

England
02-25-2007, 11:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
:sl:
Alas! It looks like only you and I did sister!

I even got ignored when I reported the thread.(since it is suppose to be against forum rule to post lies aginst Islaam)

But it's not lies. Have you clicked the link posted from the MCB website?

guyabano
02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
England is an christian country, so what do you expect? You speak about 5%, right? So you want to persuade 95% of the country to accept that ?

And plus, schools are for education, and not a playground for showing off relgious symbols, neither christian nor islamic or whatever other.

Malaikah
02-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Follow the link, the article is full of rubbish.

Especially to the Muslims on here, show a little respect for your fellow Muslims and don't be so quick to belittle them.

format_quote Originally Posted by strider
Banning sex education and science lessons?
Please, tell me, what is so ridiculous about avoiding scheduling sex education during Ramadan?

Follow the link, they said nothing about banning.

England
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Banning sex education and science lessons? We might aswell ban English Literature and Art while your at it too.

How ridiculous.
Banning Science. Hmm Science is one of the most important things in life...:-\ Imagine life without science.... :X

strider
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Please, tell me, what is so ridiculous about avoiding scheduling sex education during Ramadan?
You tell me why it isn't a ridiculous idea, sister.

If something is to be avoided in Ramadhan only then it should never be taught. As i see not teaching sex education in schools as ridiculous, taking it out of the curriculum just for the duration of Ramadhan as illogical.

strider
02-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Banning Science. Hmm Science is one of the most important things in life...:-\ Imagine life without science.... :X
I think i would go crazy.:-\

Malaikah
02-25-2007, 11:47 AM
You tell me why it isn't a ridiculous idea, sister.

If something is to be avoided in Ramadhan only then it should never be taught. As i see not teaching sex education in schools as ridiculous, taking it out of the curriculum just for the duration of Ramadhan as illogical.
Why? What if some kid accidentally breaks his fast?

NoName55
02-25-2007, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
England is an christian country, so what do you expect? You speak about 5%, right? So you want to persuade 95% of the country to accept that ?

And plus, schools are for education, and not a playground for showing off relgious symbols, neither christian nor islamic or whatever other.
Another *Lie*, Read all replies before coming up with such comments.

read this short sentece (I shal make it easy)

Islaam does not allow us to disobey the law of our rulers, if we don't want to live under English law we are commanded to leave and move to a different country

strider
02-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Why? What if some kid accidentally breaks his fast?
How can you break your fast during a sex education lesson?

Malaikah
02-25-2007, 11:48 AM
^You know there is more to breaking ones fast than eating, right?

The article didn't even mention banning science! They just said they shouldn't teach students about sex in science class during Ramadan! Stop extrapolating!

England
02-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Another *Lie*, Read all replies before coming up with such comments.

read this short sentece (I shal make it easy)

Islaam does not allow us to disobey the law of our rulers, if we don't want to live under English law we are commanded to leave and move to a different country
Or try to change the laws of the nation to suit them. I've heard this one before...

strider
02-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Enlighten me. How will sex education break somebodies fast?

England
02-25-2007, 11:53 AM

The article didn't even mention banning science! They just said they shouldn't teach students about sex in science class during Ramadan! Stop extrapolating!
Why must non-muslims stop being taught lessons as important as sex education and science just so that muslims can do what they do on Ramadan? Why do non muslims have to participate in your religion? Every lesson is important to children.

Oh and another thing why should non muslims be taught about Islam yet the muslims have a choice to back out of the education of other religions? This is arrogant.

Malaikah
02-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Enlighten me. How will sex education break somebodies fast?
Well, if you can't use your imagination, I'm not here to paint a picture...:rollseyes

Bittersteel
02-25-2007, 11:55 AM
So you want to persuade 95% of the country to accept that ?
yes ,I am dispatching XIII,XV and the X Mujahideen Legions to force the Inglese to accept my terms.Or the Wrath of the Emir shall fall upon them.

where does it say science and education of all types would be banned?

strider
02-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Well, if you can't use your imagination, I'm not here to paint a picture...:rollseyes
No sister, i am honestly perplexed. InshaAllah, PM me if you don't want to say it on the boards.:thumbs_up

Malaikah
02-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Why must non-muslims stop being taught lessons as important as sex education and science just so that muslims can do what they do on Ramadan? Why do non muslims have to participate in your religion? Every lesson is important to children.
Ramadan is just one month of the year. They can teach it in any other month, can't they? Scheduling sex ed around ramadan has nothing to do with forcing others to participate in our religion.

And the document also mentioned that it was in reference to schools that have a large Muslim population.

Oh and another thing why should non muslims be taught about Islam yet the muslims have a choice to back out of the education of other religions? This is arrogant.
Actually, no one was forcing anyone to be taught about Islam. The document only listed suggestions. It also mentioned that all parents have the right to withdraw their students from religious education classes, regardless of whether they are Muslim or not, as long as they don't want their kids in that class! Go learn about your own law before you start calling others arrogant!

NoName55
02-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Or try to change the laws of the nation to suit them. I've heard this one before...
say I wanted to change the law on punishment for murder or rape to death from the usual seven or so years jail term, how would I go about getting it changed? through a referendum?

out of 100 total I'll get around
2 support from Muslims(I excluded uncle tom types),
around same from Jews
around 15 from Christians

that adds up to grand total of 19% you are worrying needlessly since 81% would be against the Idea, same with any thing else you would win every time, so cheer up

Muezzin
02-25-2007, 12:08 PM
But it's not lies. Have you clicked the link posted from the MCB website?
I'm more interested in the obviously biased source you found the article myself. Unless you post that source, as per the rules of this section, I'll have to lock the thread.

England
02-25-2007, 12:11 PM
say I wanted to change the law on punishment for murder or rape to death from the usual seven or so years jail term, how would I go about getting it changed? through a referendum?

out of 100 total I'll get around
2 support from Muslims(I excluded uncle tom types),
around same from Jews
around 15 from Christians

that adds up to grand total of 19% you are worrying needlessly since 81% would be against the Idea, same with any thing else you would win every time, so cheer up
You don't get a referendum with our government. Our government doesn't give the people a choice. Did the government give us a choice on whether to ban "baa baa black sheep" or the world "blackboard?" Did they give us a choice on whether we wanted a multicultural society? Did they give us a choice in going to war in Iraq?

NoName55
02-25-2007, 12:13 PM
:sl: @ SR. Malaikah
I've come to the conclusion that these brothers are up to mischief and point scoring, since either they are not reading the replies in full or are not understanding them therefore I'll take my leave and say adieu for now.

Ma'asalaama

Muezzin
02-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Unless and until the source of this article is provided to me via PM, I am locking this thread since it does not provide a source and is thus against the rules of the World Affairs forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.