/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How many forums are you part of?

Khaldun
02-08-2005, 09:33 PM
:sl:

I have noticed that one stumbles across many familiar faces around the web, on various islamic sites....was wondering how many sites are you a member of?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
02-08-2005, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

I have noticed that one stumbles across many familiar faces around the web, on various islamic sites....was wondering how many sites are you a member of?

As in Muslim sites with portals or Islamic Forums?

If it's the latter one, then probably 3. I'm also a member of various 'Non-Muslim' Discussion boards.

Uthman
02-08-2005, 09:39 PM
I am a member of 5 sites. 2 of which I am an active member on. 1 which I post every now and again and 2 in which I've never posted at all!:lol:

Khaldun
02-08-2005, 09:45 PM

yes pardon me for my ambiguity kadafi, i meant to say Islamic Forums

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
02-08-2005, 09:47 PM
If islamic sites only 2 alhamdulilaah, thats including this one as well. I'm not an internet person, i normally head for the masjid.

Uthman
02-08-2005, 09:50 PM
The masjid is a good place to go. But unfortunately, our masjid isn't very good in that way. There is no-one to give you any help or advice. Basically, if you have a problem or something our masjid doesn't help :(

Umm Yoosuf
02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Subhanallah! Well i guess you just have to know the right ppl. In my masjid theres alot of active sisters masha Allah, whom do talks and follow islam properly. The imams do there job as well such as teaching etc but the classes a mixed!

Try and make the most of the internet then insha Allah.

swanlake
02-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Salaam aleykum

I am a member on here and 2 other Islamic forums, plus all the BBC forum boards (5live news messege boards and religion board)..

well someone needs to defend Islam against the bigots!

BlissfullyJaded
04-21-2005, 01:15 AM

I'm a member at several forums. Only active in 3-4. :)

S_87
04-21-2005, 01:49 AM
member of a few but mainly active here and IF :D

Danish
04-21-2005, 10:18 AM
member of couple of forums, only active on TI forum and website, IF forum, LI.

niqaabii
04-21-2005, 02:08 PM
i go on to som forums..aint a registered member for most of em..just go to gain knowledge
im onli registeered on dis and another 1..dats it

MetSudaisTwice
04-21-2005, 03:04 PM
am only a member on this site and don't intend to join other sites

Ibn Syed
04-22-2005, 12:48 AM
I am only a member of this site. And don't know any better sites to go to.
:w:

Mou'minah
04-22-2005, 03:18 AM

I've signed up for more than 2 sites in the past...but forgot about them..but now im active on 2 Islamic forums :)

Bin Qasim
04-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I am a member of 7-8 forums, most of them islamic, one is related to scientific stuff, and the last one is sports one. But now I only manage to visit half of them, like Gawaher, this one, ESS, and physicsforums that's all. Insha Allah I am trying to reduce hours so I can concentrate much on application part of the life.

Allah Hafiz

Zuko
09-01-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm a member on 3, but only active on 2:

www.hadeer.com
www.islamicboard.com (duh)
www.bukhatir.org/en/forum/index.php? <---there is absolutely NO ONE on that site... and as a result, I've never posted....
---> used to be a member: www.islamcan.com

afzalaung
09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
erm..i cant remember at how many places i had registered...let me rethink
active in 1, moderatiing 1, activeed in 2 more site which closed down,
there's this Li...and about 3-4 other places i hardly ever post:P

Danish
09-01-2005, 03:21 PM
member of various

now only active on:
* LI -- this forum, doh
* TI -- my forum

Safa
09-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Assalam o Alaikum,

I am an active member on this forum and at the Young Muslims forum, www.ymsite.com.

Wa'salam

ishkabab
01-20-2006, 04:20 AM
im only part of this forum and joined another one recently...http://www.internationaldiscussionforums.net/forums.php

Halima
01-20-2006, 04:44 AM

Previously I was active in 2 sites

1) L.I

2) U.I www.understanding-islam.com

I don't go to U.I anymore as much as I did because I have a full time duty here. Nevertheless if any one of you are interested in visiting, by all means do so insha'Allah.

BarakAllahu Feekum.

hidaayah
01-20-2006, 08:22 AM
have joined 4-5 but am active on just haqaonline ad here..
Assalam u Alaikum

Rabbiyah
01-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Salams to all
I've joined I think two other sites but this one is the most active and i will add even though i havn't been active on this site lately I had to take care of my family you know do the motherly things and working hard etc. etc. etc. so back to the subject two other sites.

Halima
01-20-2006, 01:20 PM

*woops*

I forgot to mention

sisters.islamway.com

Strictly for females. I learned alot from there mashallah.

------
05-18-2006, 10:03 AM

Just wanted to know, out of interest, what other forums have you joined and their website addresses as I want to learn from a variety of sources..............Jazakallah :thumbs_up

Hijaabi22
05-18-2006, 10:04 AM
theres another 1 i know of its called www.why-islam.net/english but thats lackin in members

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 10:06 AM

Im strictly LI. LI loyal :D

------
05-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Yo what u tryna say :?

IbnAbdulHakim
05-18-2006, 10:08 AM

In other forums theres hardly any members so its hard for discussions to take place, in this one u get such quick feedbak and soooo many views it gives u a real insight mashAllah!!

hidaayah
05-18-2006, 10:09 AM
:salamext:
www.haqaonline.com
www.gawaher.com
wassalam

Hijaabi22
05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid

In other forums theres hardly any members so its hard for discussions to take place, in this one u get such quick feedbak and soooo many views it gives u a real insight mashAllah!!

Me backin dat!definitely!!! the only other forum i WAS active on was the sami yusuf one but now even dat i dont go on LI THE BEST!! The best forum round definitely!

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 10:13 AM
http://forums.muslimvillage.net/index.php?

I've displayed it (my signature) for sometime now.

:)

im the top 3rd poster on that forum :okay: 10,000+ posts :okay:

For those people who are scared of DishDash,..dont go to that forum.

And for those who can see the sweet,loving and caring man behind the mask,do visit that forum and get to know the rest of my friends too :)

wa'salaam.

-Zubair

Hijaabi22
05-18-2006, 10:16 AM
All other forums ive hin on dont have many mebers on this is the only forum ive bin on that has AT LEAST ten members on it every time i go on more then that most of the tym

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 10:18 AM
MV has 2,670+ members.

Hijaabi22
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
woooooooooooooooooow i jus noticed LI has 5,838 members MASHAALLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i wonder hu the first member was lol

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 10:44 AM

i visit / post on 2 forums daily.

and i post on the other three once a week,if that.

wa'salaam.

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 10:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mu'MiNaH~
I'm not scared of him...and erm... i don't know about the sweet loving man bit, but I do agree with most of what he says and he seems to have his head on straight.
Actually I did join that forum a while ago... but i haven't posted anything.
Buh-leeve me :okay: he makes himself out to be a 'tough talking' fella,..but he is a softy on the inside :rollseyes ;D

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 10:57 AM
May Allah grant him more tawfiq, ameen.
Ameen.

And me,..i know i seem harsh at times,but trust me,i am a p-u-s-s-y-c-a-t .. :brother:

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah akhee, i know you're not mean. I wasn't trying to pick on you or anything, sorry if it came across that way. I feel bad for starting a pointess arguement now, especially after listening to this talk by Abu Yusuf riyadh ul haq about sins of the tongue. We should all be careful that we don't harm any one with our tongue.
in that case,let us put the past in the past.

I apolgise for my behavior.Insha'allah it wont happen again.

akulion
05-18-2006, 11:12 AM
A member of: many many sites probably 7 or 8

Active in: 2 mostly my own and LI

But I do visit all the sites I am a member of if I release some new game or program to announce it.

x Maz x
05-18-2006, 12:57 PM
Al-Qaria.net << joined rarley visit
Haqa
P2p
IC
and erm LI think thats i :) Peace! x

SirZubair
05-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Click my Signature.

Its another forum that i visit time to time.

allhumdulilah,i've been offered to be made a Mod on that forum.

Im thinking about it. :)

wa'salam.

Abdullah4ever
05-18-2006, 06:53 PM

Lool SZ u a mod hehehe, im active in Li and htttp://forums.muslimvillage.net which im not that active anymore..

SirZubair
05-19-2006, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever

Lool SZ u a mod hehehe, im active in Li and htttp://forums.muslimvillage.net which im not that active anymore..
Whats so funny about me being a Mod,burgerboy? :okay:

SirZubair
05-19-2006, 06:20 AM
Answer me burger boy :okay:

Hijaabi22
05-19-2006, 08:38 AM
lol^^^ hey IM a mod on a site on which i havent bin active since i bin on this

no i aint a traitor lol

shible
02-25-2007, 04:32 AM

Hi members,

I am a member of LI forum But, I knew there are many of our fellow members who are members of many other Forums,

So out of Curiosity i wish to know wat r the other forum's in which you are members of????

BlissfullyJaded
02-25-2007, 04:37 AM

*Threads merged*

Unfortunately I messed up the poll, so whoever voted previously will have to re-vote. Sorry!

shible
02-25-2007, 04:43 AM
Hi guy's do also place the name of other Forums

so we can jus share some informattion on them

*Hana*
02-25-2007, 05:44 AM
Salam Alaikum Brother:

I think most people that are active on other good Islamic sites share those sites in their signatures. There is also a links section on the forum that you would find helpful HERE

Wa'alaikum salam,
Hana

Sabbir_1
02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
4 5 forums..

snakelegs
02-26-2007, 04:08 AM
1-3.
actually i belong to a number of them - most of them i've never made a peep on. there are 2 that are sort of in deep freeze but whenever they stir, i participate if i have anything to say.
this is the only one i'm active on. i seem to be able to handle only 1 active forum. it takes me forever to "get the feel" of a forum.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-26-2007, 05:34 AM
heh, this is the ONLY forum im part of..now...i was part of another but that went down. and that was for cs, cz ;D So yea my first time being on a forum really...only started last year :X Definitely active on this one, as u can all tell :p

Yanal
06-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Asalam alkum i think i am over 3 including this one

Woodrow
06-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I am still registered as a member on a number of them. However, for various reasons I am very slow at typing, So There are only two I can have any time for. This one and Yanal's new forum.

Mawaddah
06-29-2007, 11:18 AM

The only forum i'm active in is this one (even though I'm not really active anymore)

I've signed up for like around 9 I think....and forgot the address a few days later :giggling:

Nájlá
06-12-2008, 05:40 PM
1-3

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
i registered to like TONS , but forgot tha names of them! LOl. i kno some of them i DO remember are... Hibatullah (gone)darulilm (dead) fisabeelillah (always forget bout it) Ummah (...dont need to say nothin) YM (something u dont kno of) Muslimvillage (just remembered it now) LI (beauuutiful!) nd mine (also dead) and much more whch i fooorgot!

Güven
06-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Lol Its German, some People dont have lives

ONtopic: Im member on 5 or maybe more Forums But never active Like there cause I have this Forum, I already Forgot those forums btw :D

m102313
06-12-2008, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *SAFA*
i registered to like TONS , but forgot tha names of them! LOl. i kno some of them i DO remember are... Hibatullah (gone)darulilm (dead) fisabeelillah (always forget bout it) Ummah (...dont need to say nothin) YM (something u dont kno of) Muslimvillage (just remembered it now) LI (beauuutiful!) nd mine (also dead) and much more whch i fooorgot!
sorry sister, i had to close hibatullah down, my new site is finished now, i have posted the link in the exchange section insha'allah it should be up in few hours.
here is the link anyway Forum

Snowflake
06-12-2008, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *SAFA*
i registered to like TONS , but forgot tha names of them! LOl
asalam alikum wr wb,

lol sis! I used to feel like a traitor when registering with other forums but when I did I'd forget my user name and password. It just shows that other forums don't have the pulling power LI does :statisfie

I've recently joined a sisters' forum but I automatically click on my LI icon when I log on. Then every else just gets forgotten ;D :rollseyes

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.

truemuslim
06-12-2008, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker
sorry sister, i had to close hibatullah down, my new site is finished now, i have posted the link in the exchange section insha'allah it should be up in few hours.
here is the link anyway Forum
Oooh. I didn't know you own that site, MashALLAH! may Allah reward you for your hard work. Jazakallah khair. The new site looks amazing.
:statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
asalam alikum wr wb,

lol sis! I used to feel like a traitor when registering with other forums but when I did I'd forget my user name and password. It just shows that other forums don't have the pulling power LI does :statisfie

I've recently joined a sisters' forum but I automatically click on my LI icon when I log on. Then every else just gets forgotten ;D :rollseyes

wa alaikum asalam wr wb.
Yehh lool i felt like a traitor too! i dunno why! LOOL

Hahahaa lool you just like me

btw Niiiice new name, looks so cute! Mashallah :D

Pk_#2
06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I am still registered as a member on a number of them. However, for various reasons I am very slow at typing, So There are only two I can have any time for. This one and Yanal's new forum.
What's Yanals new forum?

Take your time in typing that bro :-[

Ali.
06-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Well I joined Ummah about a week ago but I never really go on it. So two forums in total but one that I'm active on.

crayon
06-12-2008, 06:38 PM
First forum I ever joined was about harry potter, lol. A few posts there.
Then just a random forum.... a LOT of posts there.. like 15000+...
And now this forum.

So 3 in total, although now I'm only active on this one, I don't go to the others anymore.

truthforpeace
06-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I am a member of one other site

Ayoub
06-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Five, but only one of them is Islamic, and one of them has a religion section in which I post frequently. The other three are video-game related.

arabianprincess
06-13-2008, 03:53 AM
im a member of 3
LI :) munshid.ae n yallah shabab ... i used to go on yallah shabab but i stopped lately

Fishman
06-13-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm registered to 4, but only active on three:
Islamicboard
Civ Fanatics
Madani Forum

------
06-13-2008, 10:02 AM
:salamext:

LI, Fisabeelillah, Ummah - Only active on LI and Fisabeelillah though.

Muslim Knight
06-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Ugh, one is enough! Participating in too many forums can be a headache. My guys from the Brothers' section invited me to Fisabeelillah, though I signed up as a member I am rarely active there.

Afraa
06-13-2008, 03:15 PM
This is my first Islamic Forum :thumbs_up

glo
06-13-2008, 03:35 PM
LI is my 'oldest' forum.

I am also member in two Christian forums, and have just joined an interfaith forum on facebook.
I really enjoy interfaith discussions, providing they are peaceful, tolerant and respectful (which seems to be a rare occurance!). Even in the Christian Forum I seem to drift into the Non-Christian Religions section ... I wonder how ... :? :D

Kas1m
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
I am registered on many like ummah, roadtojannah, LI and sunniforum.

but first comes ummah (got like 7k) then LI which im actually finding quite more useful and friendly

Thinker
10-12-2008, 02:36 PM
This was the first forum I joined and in all candour I was getting a little irritated by my posts being deleted and my threads closed. I joined another Muslim forum a couple of weeks back to date (fingers crossed) none of my posts have been deleted and none of my threads closed and I have been no less searching on that site that this. So what am I doing back here? Because that forum is more liberal than this, there are more non Muslims and consequently less Muslims on that forum and so I often get unhelpful posts from non Muslims who are there for a different agenda.

What I’d like to find is a forum which is populated with the Muslims on this forum with the moderators of the other forum.

Kas1m
10-12-2008, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thinker
This was the first forum I joined and in all candour I was getting a little irritated by my posts being deleted and my threads closed. I joined another Muslim forum a couple of weeks back to date (fingers crossed) none of my posts have been deleted and none of my threads closed and I have been no less searching on that site that this. So what am I doing back here? Because that forum is more liberal than this, there are more non Muslims and consequently less Muslims on that forum and so I often get unhelpful posts from non Muslims who are there for a different agenda.

What I’d like to find is a forum which is populated with the Muslims on this forum with the moderators of the other forum.
i have to agree with you. the moderation here is three times strict but a good environment.

barney
10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
LI
One ex-christian
One Bhuddist
Two Atheist
One Christian
One Mormon
One ex-forces
Three gaming
One multifaith

BNDGR
10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Asalam alaikum
I have joined other sites but don't really go on them since they are not really active. This one so far is the most helpful and active for me at least.

Na7lah
10-12-2008, 05:06 PM
this was first then i registered in five others :hiding: besides LI i liked Fisab and MN

FatimaAsSideqah
10-12-2008, 05:08 PM
I've registered in LI and 2 others I think!

Cabdullahi
10-12-2008, 05:18 PM
im registered on LI and thats it,and i dont think i will ever register with another forum,i like it here ,there are some very helpful,caring and kind brothers and sisters,and a minority of really bold people

bewildred
10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Besides LI, I'm registered in a Forum dedicated to James Taylor. I'm its official translator.

------
10-13-2008, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
LI
One ex-christian
One Bhuddist
Two Atheist
One Christian
One Mormon
One ex-forces
Three gaming
One multifaith
:lol: ;D

Sorry I found that jokes :X

Pk_#2
10-13-2008, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
LI
One ex-christian
One Bhuddist
Two Atheist
One Christian
One Mormon
One ex-forces
Three gaming
One multifaith
SubhanAllaah, you and I needa get a life,

I reckon I can beat you, you forgot Jewish forums, you religionist! Join J Forum, it's so dud, you'll fall asleep typing!

Blue Rose
10-14-2008, 08:17 AM
just 2...

Tilmeez
10-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Don't have much time on me for forums. I can remember registering on two others but can't remember posting there! Therefore, Only one forum and that is LI.

Danah
11-03-2008, 03:03 PM
LI
and another Islamic .....>but it has been an ages since a visit it :-[
two other general forums but only participating in the religious sections

Abu Ilyas
11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm on TurnToIslam, LI, IslamicAwakening, IslamicNetwork, Ummah, Sunniforum(:D) and how could i forget my own forum:) thats 7 Forums for me.

Kas1m
11-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Was on ummah until JolieFleur referred me to LI. im on some other but dont use much

Na7lah
11-03-2008, 03:28 PM
i'v gotten tired of all the other forums only go on LI now :)

ammarahnaf
11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Im being a part of many forums with different topic. Anyway this is one of the best islamic forum I ever join because I noticed this forum got many member active in every discussion which make the forum alive.

Re.TiReD
11-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Only active on this one and sometimes Ummah

Kas1m
11-03-2008, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ammarahnaf
Im being a part of many forums with different topic. Anyway this is one of the best islamic forum I ever join because I noticed this forum got many member active in every discussion which make the forum alive.

Liberty
11-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I've lost count of the # of forums I've joined.
Non-religious...probably around 8 but I'm active on only 1/2 of those.
And religious ones, just 4 :) Three Christian forums and one Islamic xD
I might join a Judaism-themed forum soon, if they have any.
That would be exciting.

Abu Ilyas
11-04-2008, 11:56 AM
TurnToIslam.com is an active one as well.

_PakistaN_
11-05-2008, 06:03 PM
just this one. is there any other sites like this..if yes...can u please tell me about it

Re.TiReD
11-06-2008, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kasim
Was on ummah until JolieFleur referred me to LI. im on some other but dont use much
:thumbs_up :D

format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
just this one. is there any other sites like this..if yes...can u please tell me about it
This is the best one, stick with us insha'Allah ;p

maryam87
11-21-2008, 03:14 AM
The first and only one

islamirama
11-21-2008, 03:42 AM
I"d say about 15 + over the past years. Some i've been mod, some admin, some just a member. Most i've left, few got banned cause of uptight mgt. Currently active on only two, this and one other.

Soulja Girl
11-21-2008, 02:59 PM

About 5-ish... :hmm: Only active on LI and another one though...

Cabdullahi
11-21-2008, 03:05 PM
I love LI and there's another one that i am part of ...thats rather boring

mystifyed
11-21-2008, 06:36 PM
i'm on three forums but i come here the most

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.