/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the strongest medicine you've ever taken?

SUMMAYAH
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
I haven't been beyond neurofen. Paracetamol is my solution to everything.
I'm just wondering if thats the case with everyone............:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
02-25-2007, 06:18 PM
:salamext:

same, i hate medication and dont really trust it!!

Karina
02-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Apart from after an operation in hospital, where I have been given pain relief by controlled Morphine, I would normally only consider Paracetamol as my strongest medicine!

However, I would normally try to rely solely on natural remedies..... you would not believe the number of medicinal uses that garlic, honey and cider (apple) vinegar have!!

For example.... next time you get a small cut on your finger/hand, try ignoring the smell and rub a clove of garlic on it, then cover with a plaster, and you will find it heals in record time!

Or next time you have a sore throat, try gargling with Cider Vinegar (ignore the name, it's not alcoholic! It's made from Cider Apples). It's a natural anticeptic and it really does work.

I don't trust modern medicine!

:)

tomtomsmom
02-25-2007, 07:29 PM
What is Paracetamol?
I umm.....have ummmm......taken some pretty strong drugs in my past. Would you like a list? :P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YusufNoor
02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
:sl:

LOTS of morphine when they did a roto-rooter on me heart...:exhausted

:w:

SUMMAYAH
02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
For example.... next time you get a small cut on your finger/hand, try ignoring the smell and rub a clove of garlic on it, then cover with a plaster, and you will find it heals in record time!
:)
I can't wait to try this now...............:D

IceQueen~
02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Did you know that 20 cherries are equal to a painkiller? (and much healthier) or 4 tablespoons of olive oil (lol)-try that!
and best of all raw natural (untreated or heated) HONEY! (try manuka spf 10+)

SUMMAYAH
02-25-2007, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
Did you know that 20 cherries are equal to a painkiller?
Yeah I did read somewhere that 20 cherries are equal to one ibuprofen tablet. That's a much delicious way to cure a toothache, don't you think?

or 4 tablespoons of olive oil (lol)-try that!
and best of all raw natural (untreated or heated) HONEY! (try manuka spf 10+)
Subhanallah, they are two really good things to keep in the house along with viniger.

'Abd al-Baari
02-25-2007, 08:04 PM
nice thread sister
Masahallah you seem to be good at sarting some interesting threads

yeh paracetamol is what i use aswell if anything happens

------
02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
:sl:

Paracetomal used to be my solution for everything, but now its the Qur\'an, Alhamdulillah :D

:w:

IceQueen~
02-26-2007, 11:15 AM
yeah true^ quran is 'healing' too both physical and mental/spiritual complaints

Helena
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
well if av got a flu...will take lemsip...or mum would make our traditional herbal drink.....hot water, ginger,lemon.......

paracetamol and stuff....actually i dnt think it wrks.....lol.....Allah(swt) has given our illness and he will reduce it inshAllah.....

IceQueen~
02-26-2007, 11:22 AM
yeah that's the prob with paracetamol and the other chemicals they have side effects

SUMMAYAH
02-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Of course all power to heal is in the hand of the Great and Almighty,

I'm just asking how do you go about attempting it...........

Pk_#2
02-26-2007, 12:09 PM
i don't like medication,

it makes me more ill,

plus i can't even swallow a paracetamol without breaking it in half, and then in half again +o(

Now i feel ill :yawn:

SUMMAYAH
02-26-2007, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
i don't like medication,

it makes me more ill,

plus i can't even swallow a paracetamol without breaking it in half, and then in half again +o(

Now i feel ill :yawn:
Your like my mum..........lol!

hijabisis
02-26-2007, 01:40 PM
yeah that's the prob with paracetamol and the other chemicals they have side effects
wat sort of side effects? im hooked on paracetamol im always takin then especialli at nite cuz i get reali bad hedaches n i cnt sleep without havin them!!!!

muslimah_786
02-26-2007, 01:42 PM
i dnt usually take it but if i do i take paracetamol, like last week i had a migraine and my mum got me these tablets n i went to the kitchen and threw them in the bin and my mum found out......i think it would have been less painful if i had taken the medication!! lol!
anyway paracetamol has 2 be the strongest 4 me!

TABS19
02-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm also one for natural remedies. As the above example above, you could just sprinkle some tumeric onto the wound and cover with a plaster and the wound will heal very quickly. Also if you burn yourself mix tumeric with yogurt and apply to to where the scald is and it will heal without any scars. Actually I've got some other "cosmetic"/health reasons for tumeric, but lets not go off topic or I'll be here telling you the 101 benefits of tumeric!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.