/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Director James Cameron says he has found the body of Jesus (no, really)

Philosopher
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
http://time-blog.com/middle_east/200...the_crypt.html

Jesus: Tales from the Crypt

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.
--Tim McGirk/Jerusalem

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
02-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Sounds exciting. Will the Christians protest? :p

wilberhum
02-25-2007, 06:53 PM
No one found the body 1900+ years ago. I don't think they are too worried.
How would you ID the remains? DNA? :D

AvarAllahNoor
02-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Methods to make money again!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
02-25-2007, 07:16 PM
I find this to be an outrage to us Muslims also. Does not the Qur'an tell us that Isa(as) was raised up to Heaven.

3:55. (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ. Y S C

Pickthal's Quran Translation

4:157. And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. Y S C

4:158. But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise. Y S C
4:159. There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them - Y S C

Woodrow
02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Years ago, I believe it was in the 1960s there was another similar story that Isa's(as) body was found in India. Come to think of it it seems that stories of this nature appear about every 20 or 30 years, just with some slight twists as to location.

Sounds like a good movie for all of us to boycott.

Woodrow
02-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Now for the other side of the story.

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

If you fancy trying your hand at comedy spoof news writing, click here to join!
Check this link: http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s3i8219

A writer with the pen name Juvenal had too much free time.

Woodrow
02-25-2007, 07:53 PM
film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici are producing the TV special and are presenting it as fact. But, it appears the story is based upon a very poor practical joke that got carried away.

Trumble
02-25-2007, 10:26 PM
It's not the same story, though, is it? The Cameron one is about a family tomb (which may, or may not, have anything to do with Jesus of course) while the second, spoof one, is about a grave of executed 'criminals', i.e Jesus and those crucified with him.

vpb
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM
selam alaikum,

guys we don't need to take non-muslims's sayings to prove of what we believe, surely Allah swt has told us in the Qur'an and there is no more point to argue about that, as for some they will allways reject it no matter how much you bring proof. and Da vinci code in some things contradicts even Islamic teachings bc Isa a.s was not married as we know in Islam, he will get married when he comes back InshaAllah. So let's stick with reliable sources like Qur'an and Sunnah. And btw we know that the bodies of the prophets when they are buried,(they do not decay) they do not become bones like all people do .

duskiness
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
Isa a.s was not married as we know in Islam, he will get married when he comes back InshaAllah.
oh that is something new to me! Is it a common belief? where does it come from? Any sources?

Philosopher
02-25-2007, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness
oh that is something new to me! Is it a common belief? where does it come from? Any sources?
It's definitely a common belief among Sunnis and Shias.

vpb
02-25-2007, 11:29 PM
sorry for expressing myself wrong, i mean we can't say that he was not married for definite, i think there is a hadith about it, but as far as I know there is nothing mentioned in the Qur'an that Jesus(Isa a.s) was married.

Philosopher
02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
sorry for expressing myself wrong, i mean we can't say that he was not married for definite, i think there is a hadith about it, but as far as I know there is nothing mentioned in the Qur'an that Jesus(Isa a.s) was married.
There are several hadiths explaining that Jesus will get married when he returns.

vpb
02-25-2007, 11:44 PM
There are several hadiths explaining that Jesus will get married when he returns.
yes that's what I said, and also i think there is a hadith which says that Jesus (Isa a.s) was not married but again I dont know, but Qur'an does not specifically mention that he was married.

Muslim Woman
02-26-2007, 12:57 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

---u may visit this link.

Prophet Jesus (p) and The Da Vinci Code *

Text of Friday Khutbah at the Islamic Society of Orange County, California, United States

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...ah%2FLSELayout

another link: ( did not read the whole post , may be useful)

http://www.islam.tc/prophecies/jesus.html

His Marriage, Death and Deputies

After his descension on earth, Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will marry.

He will have children, and he will remain on earth 19 years after marriage. He will pass away and Muslims will perform his Janaza Salaat and bury him next to Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam). (Tirmidhi)

and Major Signs of Qiyamat

by Mufti Afzal Hoosein Elias (May Allah reward him for his work in producing these kitaabs, aameen.)

Philosopher
02-26-2007, 06:36 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6397373.stm

Jesus tomb found, says film-maker

Jesus had a son named Judah and was buried alongside Mary Magdalene, according to a new documentary by Hollywood film director James Cameron.

It examines a tomb found near Jerusalem in 1980 which the film-makers say belonged to Jesus and his family.

The Oscar-winning director of Titanic says statistical analysis and DNA back the claim.

Archaeologists say that the burial cave is probably that of a Jewish family with similar names to that of Jesus.

Samples tested

Israeli construction workers building an apartment complex in Jerusalem's East Talpiot district first uncovered 10 2,000-year-old ossuaries - or limestone coffins - in a tomb in March 1980.

According to the Israel Antiquities Authority, six of those coffins were marked with the names Mary; Matthew; Jesua son of Joseph; Mary; Jofa (Joseph, Jesus' brother); and Judah son of Jesua.

The documentary The Lost Tomb of Jesus, produced by Mr Cameron, claims tests on samples from two of the coffins show Jesus and Mary Magdalene were likely to have been buried in them and were a couple.

The film-makers used this finding to claim that the coffin marked "Judah son of Jesua" contains the son of Jesus and Mary.

They say the discovery of the tomb does not mean that Jesus was not resurrected three days after his death - a key Christian belief.

Academic Stephen Pfann, a scholar at the University of the Holy Land in Jerusalem, said he did not expect Christians to accept the film's findings.

"I don't think that Christians are going to buy into this," said Mr Pfann, who was interviewed by the film-makers.

"But sceptics, in general, would like to see something that pokes holes into the story that so many people hold dear."

Findings refuted

Israeli archaeologist Amos Kloner, who was among the first to examine the tomb when it was first discovered, said the names marked on the coffins were very common at the time.

"I don't accept the news that it was used by Jesus or his family," he told the BBC News website.

"The documentary filmmakers are using it to sell their film."

Mr Cameron will show two of the coffins at a news conference in New York on Monday.

"It doesn't get bigger than this," he said in a press release.

"We've done our homework; we've made the case; and now it's time for the debate to begin."

Local residents said they were pleased with the attention the tomb has drawn.

"It will mean our house prices will go up because Christians will want to live here," one woman said.

Muezzin
02-26-2007, 06:52 PM
It's a pity Mr Cameron wants to faff about in tombs. I would have much preferred it if he had put his efforts into making Terminator 4.

Tania
02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
I saw tonight around 20 minutes from the press conference and the catholic priest which was invited like guest to comment whats happening in New York said nothing can be truth because: 1.the names are common;2.that time the dead people were buried in white clothes, like the one which is exposed in Torino.They didn't use limestones coffins.

brenton
02-26-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't think this threatens belief in anyway. We'll see where the evidence leads. We rememer that archaeology doesn't "prove" anything. It is evidence. The evidence is interpreted, and its effect on the community is gauged.

Philosopher
02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brenton
I don't think this threatens belief in anyway. We'll see where the evidence leads. We rememer that archaeology doesn't "prove" anything. It is evidence. The evidence is interpreted, and its effect on the community is gauged.
1.) Jesus married Mary Magdalene
2.) Jesus has a son
3.) Jesus's body was found.

This threatens all beliefs revolving around him, if found true.

Grace Seeker
02-26-2007, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
1.) Jesus married Mary Magdalene
2.) Jesus has a son
3.) Jesus's body was found.

This threatens all beliefs revolving around him, if found true.
Except for those who believe a novel like the DiVinci Code could be real. Makes for a great pop-culture belief system. All sorts of nice sayings, but no real impact on one's daily life.

Pygoscelis
02-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Christians actually believe that Jesus didn't leave a body behind?

I somehow thought that was meant to be figurative, that his spirit rose from the dead. I know what the bible says, but I never thought the average Christian actually took it literally.

Grace Seeker
02-26-2007, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis

I somehow thought that was meant to be figurative, that his spirit rose from the dead. I know what the bible says, but I never thought the average Christian actually took it literally.
Very much so. It is even in the creeds. Further most even believe in a physical resurrection for all Christians at the end of time.

Do a google search and you will find website after website dedicated to citing historical and other evidences of the physical resurrection of Jesus. And it isn't some new phenomena. It has been the central question throughout Christian history. Here are a couple of 19th century takes on it:
After investigating the evidence of the resurrection, Lord Darling, former Chief Justice of England, stated, ". . . there exists such overwhelming evidence, positive and negative, factual and circumstantial, that no intelligent jury in the world could fail to bring in a verdict that the resurrection story is true."
and
Professor Thomas Arnold, former chair of history at Oxford, and author of the famous volumes, History of Rome, was skillfully educated in the study of historical facts. Professor Arnold, stated, "I have been used for many years to study the histories of other times, and to examine and weigh the evidence of those who have written about them, and I know of no one fact in the history of mankind which is PROVED BY BETTER AND FULLER EVIDENCE of every sort, than the great sign which God has given us that Christ died and rose again from the dead."
This is one of the major reasons why the Christians on this board tend to bristle at the Muslim idea that it was Judas, not Jesus, who died on the Cross -- without Jesus' death there can be no resurrection, and the resurrection is the key event of our Christian faith.

duskiness
02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
3.) Jesus's body was found
after 2000 years? A BODY? WOW that would be a miracle indeed.

well yes- we do:
* about role of belief in resurrection in our faith:
2But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.
*about resurrected body:
35But someone may ask, "How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?" 36How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39All flesh is not the same: Men have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.

42So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"[e]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven. 48As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. 49And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we[f] bear the likeness of the man from heaven.

50I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."[g]
55"Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?"
both from 1Cor 15 (written by mean St. Paul)

I am becoming "Bible shaking" Christian, am I? Probably evil influence of "local" Protestants :D

AvarAllahNoor
02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
It's a pity Mr Cameron wants to faff about in tombs. I would have much preferred it if he had put his efforts into making Terminator 4.
lol wnt be the same without arnie tho

Grace Seeker
02-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I am becoming "Bible shaking" Christian, am I? Probably evil influence of "local" Protestants :D
hahahah

Bible beating
Bible thumpin'
Bible banging

And now, "Bible shaking". :thumbs_up

Whichever you are, welcome. :D

Philosopher
02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
hahahah

Bible beating
Bible thumpin'
Bible banging

And now, "Bible shaking". :thumbs_up

Whichever you are, welcome. :D
Is it a Protestant belief that the anti-Christ will be a Pope?

Grace Seeker
02-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Is it a Protestant belief that the anti-Christ will be a Pope?
Not really. As with all other questions dealing with large numbers of people, I suppose that you might find a few of that mindset, but it certainly would not be the overall view common within protestantism.

Pygoscelis
02-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Do a google search and you will find website after website dedicated to citing historical and other evidences of the physical resurrection of Jesus. And it isn't some new phenomena.
:omg:

I'll quietly depart from this thread before I say something that may get me in trouble and offend somebody.

thirdwatch512
02-28-2007, 03:55 AM
well muslims do believe that a man came in the place of jesus during crucifiction.. so it wouldn't contradict islamic teaching with the tomb.

HOWEVER, when it comes to the wife and kids and all... it definetely contradicts islamic teachings.

i think no one can believe it though, especially when you add the fact that they didn't even test the bones.. they buried them.. yeah, if they really believed it was true, they would at least test the bones.

they have found 26 other tombs that say "jesus, son of joseph." this is yet another one.

Philosopher
02-28-2007, 07:09 AM
It's not proved 100%, just 600:1. So, just 99.8%. Here's why:

All leading epigraphers agree about the inscriptions. All archaeologists confirm the nature of the find. It comes down to a matter of statistics. A statistical study commissioned by the broadcasters (Discovery Channel/Vision Canada/C4 UK) concludes that the probability factor is 600 to 1 in favor of this tomb being the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth and his family. http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence...out/about.html
That means that Christians are now relying on, at the maximum, a .2% (less than 1%, or 1 in 2,000) likelihood of their Jesus Christ being a God and not just a mere human being. Everyone else is banking on 99.8% (better than 99 times out of 100, 998 out of a thousand) odds that you're wrong.

Determination of the tomb being Jesus Christ's went way further than just going, "Oh, it's enscribed Jesus, it must be Jesus Christ."

north_malaysian
02-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Yesterday, I've watched "Is it Real:Stigmata" on National Geographic Channel... the Israeli archeologist found a skeleton from the Jesus era which have nails on his ankles... but I dont know whther it's mentioned as Jesus..

north_malaysian
02-28-2007, 07:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I find this to be an outrage to us Muslims also. Does not the Qur'an tell us that Isa(as) was raised up to Heaven.
Yes Isa was raised to the heaven, but God swapped Isa with another person, and the person was crucified... so this body might belongs to that person... But God knows the best

Trumble
02-28-2007, 07:44 AM

"All leading epigraphers agree about the inscriptions. All archaeologists confirm the nature of the find. It comes down to a matter of statistics. A statistical study commissioned by the broadcasters (Discovery Channel/Vision Canada/C4 UK) concludes that the probability factor is 600 to 1 in favor of this tomb being the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth and his family. http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence...out/about.html "

That means that Christians are now relying on, at the maximum, a .2% (less than 1%, or 1 in 2,000) likelihood of their Jesus Christ being a God and not just a mere human being. Everyone else is banking on 99.8% (better than 99 times out of 100, 998 out of a thousand) odds that you're wrong.

Determination of the tomb being Jesus Christ's went way further than just going, "Oh, it's enscribed Jesus, it must be Jesus Christ."

Oh c'mon... you must know perfectly well that the "statistical study" will 'prove' precisely whatever those who commissioned it would like it to. We aren't even 99.8% certain that 'the' Jesus of Nazareth existed at at all, let alone that this is his tomb. Doesn't mean it isn't, of course, but I think at least a little more scepticism is in order!

thirdwatch512
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Yes Isa was raised to the heaven, but God swapped Isa with another person, and the person was crucified... so this body might belongs to that person... But God knows the best
yes, but other tombs have said that like he had a son, and a wife and all that. so it would also contradict islamic teachings.

Grace Seeker
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM

For more learned discussion of these stats than I can provide see this link: THE JESUS TOMB? ‘TITANIC’ TALPIOT TOMB THEORY SUNK FROM THE START
and
PROBLEMS MULTIPLY FOR JESUS TOMB THEORY . Dr. Ben Witherington is a professor of New Testament Interpretation at Asbury Theological Seminary.

north_malaysian
03-01-2007, 06:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by thirdwatch512
yes, but other tombs have said that like he had a son, and a wife and all that. so it would also contradict islamic teachings.
there are no koranic verses or hadiths saying that he CAN NEVER marry someone...

Kyubi
03-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Even if he did it would change nothing, religion is stubborn and relentless.

wilberhum
03-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I don’t have a religious agenda in this topic. I believe Jesus died and was buried. And maybe the body was moved.
But as far as I’m concerned, this whole thing is obviously junk. Common names on a tomb. What an astounding fact. Two were not blood relatives. Wow, they had to be married. There is no other logical explanation, well maybe only a thousand. The Greek form of Mary. Give me a break, why would they use the Greek form? To identify a body after two thousand years is a little far fetched. The evidence has been ignored for something like 37 years. I can see why. It is so inconclusive that it is worthless.

Keltoi
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
When I read the title of this thread I laughed. When I read the "evidence" put forth, I laughed even harder.

dougmusr
03-05-2007, 04:56 AM

3:55. (And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ. Y S C

4:157. And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain. Y S C

4:159. There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them - Y S C

Since Muslims claim that a person was crucified in Jesus place, the presence of a body thought to be Jesus would not be an issue as I see it in Islam. Would not God continue the deception after the crucifixion and make people think they found Jesus since He induced them to think they crucified Him?

The program segement I watched proposed that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married secretly to protect a dynasty. This marriage seems to be a common thread among all secular studies on the history of Jesus. Apparently His dynasty didn't do well if his followers were tortured and killed. I wonder what He hoped to gain through such deception?

جوري
03-05-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't like your choice of word "Would not God continue the deception after the crucifixion and make people think they found Jesus since He induced them to think they crucified Him?"G-D doesn't deceive!
....... Also according to them there is no "body" to be found just bones... and the bodies of Messangers and martyrs don't decompose!

Thirdly Muslims don't condone the desecration of graves no matter to whom the grave belongs!

Lastly you should ask yourself who is behind the digging and what is to be gained. I doubt you'll find your answer on an Islamic forum!

Malaikah
03-05-2007, 09:02 AM
This is so lame, how on earth are they going to prove it was Jesus.:rollseyes

Woodrow
03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dougmusr
Since Muslims claim that a person was crucified in Jesus place, the presence of a body thought to be Jesus would not be an issue as I see it in Islam. Would not God continue the deception after the crucifixion and make people think they found Jesus since He induced them to think they crucified Him?

The program segement I watched proposed that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married secretly to protect a dynasty. This marriage seems to be a common thread among all secular studies on the history of Jesus. Apparently His dynasty didn't do well if his followers were tortured and killed. I wonder what He hoped to gain through such deception?

The issue is they are trying to convince people, they have found the body of Isa(as) so there is a desecration of a Prophet(PBUT) although it is by false teaching.

islamistheway
03-05-2007, 10:33 PM

Isa alaysalam's spirit was raised to the heaven's...but his body of course remained on earth as 4:158 supports.

north_malaysian
03-06-2007, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamistheway
Isa alaysalam's spirit was raised to the heaven's...but his body of course remained on earth as 4:158 supports.
Yikes!!! :rollseyes

north_malaysian
03-06-2007, 07:50 AM

The issue is they are trying to convince people, they have found the body of Isa(as) so there is a desecration of a Prophet(PBUT) although it is by false teaching.
Of course, we Muslims wont believe that it's the body of Jesus... But it "might be" the body of the replacement person.

But whatsoever it's not really bother Muslims, as it's not important to our belief....

Muslim Woman
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Salaam/peace

format_quote Originally Posted by islamistheway

---i just checked ....the verse does not say that body of Isa (p) was remained here.

after his second coming he will die & I heard that , he will be buried beside Prophet Muhammed (p).

north_malaysian
03-06-2007, 09:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/peace

---i just checked ....the verse does not say that body of Isa (p) was remained here.

after his second coming he will die & I heard that , he will be buried beside Prophet Muhammed (p).

that's why I find that statement weird...

islamistheway
03-06-2007, 06:29 PM
:sl:

well pardon me for my mistake...as far as my knowledge led me to believe...that is what i knew, but thank you for clearing it up for me...JazakAllah Kher

:w:

Grace Seeker
03-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I guess even non-religious archaeologists don't agree with what he is doing now, simply because they see the work as bad archaeology. I think I'm just going to forget about it and let it slip to the pages of tabloid history.

Woodrow
03-08-2007, 01:46 AM
I guess even non-religious archaeologists don't agree with what he is doing now, simply because they see the work as bad archaeology. I think I'm just going to forget about it and let it slip to the pages of tabloid history.
At last we finally have a thread we have all agreed on. Although we may have different reason for thinking so, we all seem to be in agreement that Mr Cameron has no idea what he is talking about.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.