/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hold On!!!.,.. Before You Type!

youngsister
02-25-2007, 08:13 PM
:sl:
Mashallah is nice when people try to help one another about certain issues and have an active input into the conversation by writing something reflecting their mind and opinions.

HOWEVER..like I have said before say what you think you will get rewarded with otherwise keep silent. What advice you give out MUST reflect Qur'an and Sunnah.

So I remind my self and you with :

1. Sincerity towards Allaah. Every person will die and what he writes during his lifetime will remain. So strive not to write anything except things that you will be pleased to see on the Day of Resurrection. There is no good in doing anything that is not intended to please Allaah.

2. Being aware of the importance of spending time in teaching the Muslims and that calling them to Allaah takes priority over refuting this one and that one. Let us leave these refutations for situations where it is essential, such as when one of the people of bid’ah stirs up doubts or says something false and no one else is refuting him – in that case someone has to refute him.

3. We advise the enthusiastic youth not to indulge in matters of which they do not have knowledge. Regarding the matter of giving fatwas without knowledge, it is sufficient for us to note the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning) “And on the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied against Allaah (i.e. attributed to Him sons, partners) their faces will be black” [al-Zumar 39:60]

4. Adhere to the etiquette dictated by Islam and restrain the tongue (and the pen or writing is regarded as one of the two “tongues”). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “And say to My slaves (i.e. the true believers of Islamic Monotheism) that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaytaan (Satan) verily, sows a state of conflict and disagreements among them. Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is to man a plain enemy” [al-Israa’ 17:53]

5. Be aware of criticizing people, if the aim is to expose their faults, is gheebah and is among the “evil uttered in public” that Allaah does not like [cf. Al-Nisaa’ 4:148]. But if the intention is to put people off a person’s evil action that is forbidden according to sharee’ah, to make a person to stop doing that, to combat someone’s bid’ah and warn people against it, or to expose something false that a person has said in front of others in discussion groups or newsgroups on the internet or elsewhere, then this is permissible and is not the gheebah which is forbidden. Indeed it is an act of worship that brings a person closer to Allaah, or it is an obligation upon whoever is able to do that.

6. Be Aware of Pointless talk: Allah Most High has said: Successful are the believers, who are humble in their prayers, and who turn away from pointless talk, [23:1-3] Pointless talk [laghw] is speech which is futile and irrelevant, and bears no relation to any true purpose. It brings no benefit to the one who utters it, and may well bring him misfortune instead.

7. Never rush to answer if you are not very confident of your answer. Never argue about something you do not know. Never argue for the sake of argument. Never show arrogance with your counterparts especially if they hold a different opinion. Do not switch the argument to belittle your opponent's views. If their misunderstanding becomes evident, do not rebuke or scold them. Be modest and kind.

8. If a person starts telling you, whether in private or public, something that you already knew very well, you should pretend as if you do not know it. Do not rush to reveal your knowledge or to interfere with the speech. Instead, show your attention and concentration. The honorable tab'i Imam Ata ibn Abi Rabah said: "A young man would tell me something that I may have heard before he was born. Nevertheless, I would listen to him as if I had never heard it before."

9. The da`ees (callers ) and the defenders of Islaam must devote their time in writing beneficial researches, articles, periodicals and give da`wah. They should respond to different types of cultural attack and expose its defects and clarify its falseness. The enemies have gathered now and are preparing all their efforts and abilities to establish different organizations and various ways to scheme and plot against the Muslims and deceive them. Therefore we must counter attack these enemies. We must refute and disapprove of their networks, expose them, and present Islam as a faith, belief, legal system and a social and moral system. This should be done in a way that will make the people learn it, through good methods suitable for the age, and with wisdom and good admonition, arguing in a way that is best. We should use all the methods of the media, according to the resources available and our ability.

Source: Islam-qa & Islaam.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Something we all should think about before pressing submit :)
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SUMMAYAH
02-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Jazakallah sister.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-25-2007, 09:53 PM
nice reminder

:wasalamex

strider
02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
More people could do well reading this posting.

Jazakumullah Khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aLiTTLeTiMe
02-26-2007, 01:01 AM
JazakAllahKhair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.