/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Was the Prophet Romantic? - Waleed Basouni [Audio Lecture]

- Qatada -
02-25-2007, 08:48 PM
:salamext:

Was the Prophet Romantic?

By Waleed Basouni. How did the Prophet (peace be upon him) of Islam and the best of creation treat his wives? How did he value them? Was he to them a stern dictator or compassionate and cheerful? This talk explores the relationship of our Prophet and his wives, and how we can benefit by following his example. It also highlights the need to educate ourselves on the permissible methods of increasing love between married couples, under the example of our beloved prophet.

Track 1 |Track 2 |Track 3 |

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
i_m_tipu
02-28-2007, 06:43 AM
:salamext: brother

Beneficial
jajakAllah ......

Pure Imaan
11-08-2007, 05:47 PM
jazakhallah bro

Al-arabi
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
when u read the storys of the prophet muhammed P B O H
u will find out that he loved his wives so much spicialy 3aesha cuz she was young and smart and pretty and she was also his best freind (abobaker)girl.
so yaeh he was romantic but not with the silly way P B O H

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Safiya
11-08-2007, 05:57 PM

Jazâk Allâhu khayran..
This lecture is very sweet and entertaining..

InToTheRain
11-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Aisha(RA) said If the woman who saw Yusuf(AS) cut their hands when they saw him...then they would rip out their hearts for Mohammad(SAW)...

Two verses (couplets) are narrated from Sayyiditina Aa'ishah (r.a), the meaning of which is: "that if the friends of Zulaikha could see the blessed face of Rasulullah (s.a.w), they would have cut their hearts instead of their hands"(From Shamaa-il Tirmidhi)
:w:

Khayal
11-08-2007, 06:04 PM
:sl:

I whish I were in Prophet Sallalaho Alahe Wa Alaehe Wassalams time..:cry:

Umm Hurairah
11-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I wish I was da actual Sahabiyah I'm named after...:'( :'( :'(

Khayal
11-08-2007, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I wish I was da actual Sahabiyah I'm named after...:'( :'( :'(

:sl:

I wish, I wish, AND

I wish.................................

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

chacha_jalebi
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
mashallah:D

this lecture really makes you smile

are there any more lectures which specificaly highlight qualities of RasoolAllah sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam

InToTheRain
11-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Do not lose hope... follow the Qur'an and Sunnah to the best of your ability and Insha'Allah you will see him, Salallahu alaihi wa sallam, within your dreams during this short life and have the pleasure of his company in the hereafter insha'Allah

I have heard once from a lecturer that one of the greatest Tabi-ien or Tabi-Tabi-ien said "Do the companions of Mohammad(SAW) think they will keep him to themselves? We will also fight for his companionship!"...Subahan'Allah

جوري
11-12-2007, 03:40 AM
Masha'Allah
Jazaka Allah khyran Qatada.. and everyone else
Ameen to all the du3as

- Qatada -
11-17-2007, 07:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
mashallah:D

this lecture really makes you smile

are there any more lectures which specificaly highlight qualities of RasoolAllah sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam

http://abdurrahman.org/scholars/Wale...uni.html#audio

He read from this;
http://www.islamicboard.com/prophet-...b-tirmidh.html

This might be beneficial too insha Allah:
http://islamtoday.com/show_sub_secti...3&sub_cat_id=0

Jayda
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-arabi
when u read the storys of the prophet muhammed P B O H
u will find out that he loved his wives so much spicialy 3aesha cuz she was young and smart and pretty and she was also his best freind (abobaker)girl.
so yaeh he was romantic but not with the silly way P B O H
hola,

i was thinking about that. when she was older they used to race each other on horses at night :) you make an important distinction between mature romantic affection and silly or unadult romantic affection. i am very irritated when i see people in public doing things like inappropriate public displays of affection... like the kind that belongs in a bedroom, or when people just act silly, foolish and impolite to the people around them. there is also a problem of people not understanding what needs to be kept in private and what can be brought into public.

not that i am against displaying love in public, i kiss my husband and hug him when i see him at the airport or when we go out we hold hands... or he will smile at me and try to make me laugh, but not with dirty jokes or things like this. people can easily tell we love each other, but i don't think they feel awkward or out of place or like they should leave. this is so with many couples, it is nice to be around them because you can feel how much they love each other, but they are not doing anything disgusting or wrong for public.

i think even privately there are boundaries... not everything in private has to be about sex. your prophet raced his wife on horses at night, that is very romantic and it shows that he loved her for more than just her body. if you love someone then you try to connect with them in all ways... through their interests, appeal to their intelligence, grow together religiously. and you can develop things just between the two of you. when my husband has a difficult day i put his head on my lap and sing him to sleep, i am also teaching him how to dance (slowly, because he is awkward and awful) but he loves these things because he knows i love them. likewise i go to all of his car races and i go up with him in his airplane or on his sailboat and i enjoy being with him while he enjoys these things.

and even more privately (and i will not go beyond this for modesty's sake) i know muslims have boundaries for what happens between a husband and wife in their most intimate moments... things that they may do and may not do to preserve what should be a sacred gift and not a dirty involuntary act. much like the catholic church islam tried to hold on to the important nature of what God intended, procreation and unity... not lust and control. this also is adult love.

respect, observing boundaries, showing restraint, supporting and encouraging the entire person in a way that makes other people feel good and clean about your love for each other, and makes the two of you feel fulfilled in each other - that is adult romance in my opinion... and is something that builds a more lasting foundation for a marriage :)

que Dios te bendiga

Rare Rose
11-19-2007, 07:45 PM
jazakom allah khair

shuraimfan4lyf
11-25-2007, 05:24 AM
JazakAllah Khayr for that. Alhamdulillah I was there at the mosque where he gave that lecture,he often comes to our masjid,like in conference times. He does very touching and beneficial lectures subhanAllah. May Allah reward him. May Allah forgive our sins,and make us among the righteous. Ameen.

Wa'salamu alaykum wr wb.

Periwinkle18
07-26-2010, 06:41 AM
beautiful lecture :)

Salahudeen
07-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Jazakallah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.