/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sales Telephone calls...........

SUMMAYAH
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Have you had one of those? how did they go?

The one's I get usually go something like this..........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ello, how are you this evening, I am hoping I am not disturbing you

well yes you are as it happens

very good, can i be intresting you in a phone

no

why not

i,ve got one

oh! but do you get 200000000 free min with it and 40000 free texts

no

do you want one that does

no

but

goodbye

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

another other is:

Congratulations your have won the comp you have entered

No I have not

Yes you have

I didn,t enter a comp

but your name has been drawn

I don't want it

but it's free

nu such thing

pardon

no such thing as free, you lull me in then I have to phone up a number at £15.00 per call

but you could win a hol

ah ah you said I have won now it's could

but

goodbye

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NoName55
02-25-2007, 09:32 PM
:sl:
I've stopped them from calling me by speaking to my phone company.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=cold+callers
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

:w:

edit:
TPS Registration (U.K)

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) helps you to make sure your telephone number is no longer available to organisations

Sister_6038
02-25-2007, 09:34 PM
i did telesales it was hilarious...trying out my different accents on unsuspecting victims....

H4RUN
02-25-2007, 09:38 PM
gosh i love dem people:D but i think they dont really like me for some reason, i dunno why they seem to cut me off the line:p
muahahahaaa

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister_6038
02-25-2007, 09:40 PM
if you dont want sales calls...just contact your telephone provider and get yourself on the TPS....telephone preference service, which basically means legally these companies cannot contact you....and its a free service

Sabbir_1
02-25-2007, 09:59 PM
just hang up the phone.. dont bother talking to them sales ppl..

Lina
02-25-2007, 10:07 PM

I also did telesales,

It's pretty amazing, once you get into it you can sell ice to an eskimo, just using the right tactics.

H4RUN
02-25-2007, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khalil27
just hang up the phone.. dont bother talking to them sales ppl..
Why hang up when u can make their life misery for 10 minutes?:p If u can make them hang up, you've hit gold:p

Um_ahmad
02-25-2007, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
Why hang up when u can make their life misery for 10 minutes?:p If u can make them hang up, you've hit gold:p
lol, Your so mean. They are just trying to make a living. I give anyone props to do sales. It's very hard to do. :).

Sister_6038
02-25-2007, 10:23 PM
sales is a vicious thing....but highly entertaining or i think that may just be me as i giggled my way through my 12 month sales career....ironically enough that helped me get through it for so long

H4RUN
02-25-2007, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Um_ahmad
lol, Your so mean. They are just trying to make a living. I give anyone props to do sales. It's very hard to do. :).
:p they disturb me eatin my grilled chicken with salad and lemon on top, with a bit of hot chilly, make me turn the Tv volume down, and thus get a bit of erm grease? on my remote:p and you're callin me mean?

Well comon they're going to get paid regardles of whether they make a customer out of me or not..Try asking them whats cooking? Or if they want something to eat:p

Lina
02-25-2007, 10:35 PM

Nevertheless; it's a evil way of making money, because no matter what the 'bargain' is; you'll pay for it.

Sister_6038
02-25-2007, 10:41 PM
i think that with sales youve gotta be honest...ok many may say why you saying such a silly thing, but trust me those who lie get caught out with plenty of returns lol!!

Sabbir_1
02-25-2007, 11:01 PM
They get trained to say all the BS on the phone to u, and u end up having to listen to it..

Strzelecki
02-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Ugh! I Hate.Hate.Hate them!! :@
Sooo very annoying!

SilentObserver
02-26-2007, 07:34 AM
I asked one to wait just a minute, and came back five minutes later, and listened for thirty seconds......then asked him wait another minute.......five minutes later..... third time he was gone. I guess he didn't really want to talk to me.

north_malaysian
02-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Hate them.........

When I got those calls on my mobile, I will like listen to them for 5 mins and then just switch off the mobile (as if the battery was weak and drained... or having no signal) and switch on the mobile again like 5 hours later...

sister-yasmin
02-26-2007, 08:18 AM
I just give them a ****t Cuz i dont really like them.

SUMMAYAH
02-26-2007, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Hate them.........

When I got those calls on my mobile, I will like listen to them for 5 mins and then just switch off the mobile (as if the battery was weak and drained... or having no signal) and switch on the mobile again like 5 hours later...
It seems deep down, that you really love them............to go through all that trouble.......lol!

north_malaysian
02-26-2007, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SUMMAYAH
It seems deep down, that you really love them............to go through all that trouble.......lol!
yeah... really love them.... :raging: :skeleton:

syilla
02-26-2007, 09:02 AM

i've been a telemarketer too... lol. but it is fun.

Dealing with rejection...lol

salams

SUMMAYAH
02-26-2007, 09:03 AM
man! get a grip!

I don't get why some people are so nasty! (esp: sister Yasmin!.........lol!)

SUMMAYAH
02-26-2007, 09:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

i've been a telemarketer too... lol. but it is fun.

Dealing with rejection...lol

salams
Sometimes in the evening when I'm alone and bored I be quite happy to get a sales call............

I just chat for ages and go along with everything the rep has to say........I even say stuff like wow!!!!! what a fantastic offer! I'm definately gonna recommend you to all my friends.....!!

Then just when the conversation couldn't get any juicier I acccidently (on purpose) hang up!

If they ring again I don't pick up!

TABS19
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Even if you get TPS put on through your telephone company, some of the one's from abroad can still get through...so if you hate them you are better just hanging up on them.

I've worked in sales in the early part of my career and I find those who suceed are the one's that are thick-skinned. I'd prefer if a customer would just put the phone down as opposed to let me finish of my speech and then tell me they are not interested. After all we are only doing our jobs. I had to do it as I needed experience, a work reference and obviously money to survive. If sales people come across as pushy it's because their manager is breathing down their neck to make sales or lose thier jobs.

Um_ahmad
02-26-2007, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
:p they disturb me eatin my grilled chicken with salad and lemon on top, with a bit of hot chilly, make me turn the Tv volume down, and thus get a bit of erm grease? on my remote:p and you're callin me mean?

Well comon they're going to get paid regardles of whether they make a customer out of me or not..Try asking them whats cooking? Or if they want something to eat:p
lol.:D

Al_Imaan
02-26-2007, 04:31 PM
they call so much...like 50 phone calls from different telemarketers.....i practically know their numbers by heart....:p...

SUMMAYAH
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Has anyone ever got that automated call where your phone rings, when you pick it up a recorded voice says:

''Please hold, all our reprasentives are busy, Your call will be answered shortly.''

I mean whats that all about! you didn't even ring them!!!

Woodrow
02-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I love telemarketers, they are the only people who ever call me. but for some reason they never call back. My conversations usually go like this,

TELEMARKETER: Hello, may I speak to the head of the household?

ME: I have been waiting for your call, it has been so long since you ;last called I thought you had forgotten me. Please do not wait so long between calls. Do you know when the las time you called was?

TM: Huh, errr I have this teriffic...........

ME(interupting): You know the last time you called You did not say much. I hope you are more talkative this time. And by the way what happened to the Halal vegetarian pizza you were supposed to deliver?

TM: Errr ummm I think you have me confused with somebody.

ME : How? You sound exactly like you and I recognised the sound of the phone ring. I know it is you are you going to deny that it is you?

TM: What!!!!!!

ME: so tell me did your wife have her baby yet and what did you name it? Was it a boy or girl. Do you still play handball at the gym?

TM:click

ME: Helloe, Hello, hello are you still there? hello

SUMMAYAH
02-26-2007, 05:42 PM
LOL!!!! that was hilarious!!!

Al_Imaan
02-26-2007, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I love telemarketers, they are the only people who ever call me. but for some reason they never call back. My conversations usually go like this,

TELEMARKETER: Hello, may I speak to the head of the household?

ME: I have been waiting for your call, it has been so long since you ;last called I thought you had forgotten me. Please do not wait so long between calls. Do you know when the las time you called was?

TM: Huh, errr I have this teriffic...........

ME(interupting): You know the last time you called You did not say much. I hope you are more talkative this time. And by the way what happened to the Halal vegetarian pizza you were supposed to deliver?

TM: Errr ummm I think you have me confused with somebody.

ME : How? You sound exactly like you and I recognised the sound of the phone ring. I know it is you are you going to deny that it is you?

TM: What!!!!!!

ME: so tell me did your wife have her baby yet and what did you name it? Was it a boy or girl. Do you still play handball at the gym?

TM:click

ME: Helloe, Hello, hello are you still there? hello
LOL....ur hilarious gramps....:D:p

Um_ahmad
02-26-2007, 10:21 PM
lollllllllllllllllllllll:D

syilla
02-27-2007, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TABS19
Even if you get TPS put on through your telephone company, some of the one's from abroad can still get through...so if you hate them you are better just hanging up on them.

I've worked in sales in the early part of my career and I find those who suceed are the one's that are thick-skinned. I'd prefer if a customer would just put the phone down as opposed to let me finish of my speech and then tell me they are not interested. After all we are only doing our jobs. I had to do it as I needed experience, a work reference and obviously money to survive. If sales people come across as pushy it's because their manager is breathing down their neck to make sales or lose thier jobs.
Dealing with rejection is extremely hard. That is why this experience will make you a better sales person.

They look down on us as sales person...but ask them to do it, they can never do it.

For example the Donald trump series, the thick-skinned ones are the one that usually win.

But their attitude is not that islamic, i'm not recommending the muslims to follow their attitude.

Thats the way sales are...they have to deal with rejection everyday.

SUMMAYAH
02-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Edit

nelly
02-27-2007, 11:52 AM
i just say not interested dnt ring again bye and put the fne dwn. You hav 2 be a bit forward otherwise they wont let u put the fne dwn

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 11:56 AM
lol my dad got so sick of them he got our number out of the telephone book and made it anonymous (withheld) but it didn't stop them instead we couldn't phone anyone who had barred 'withheld' numbers.

but its soooo embarrassing when dad loses his temper with them.....:hiding:

SUMMAYAH
03-06-2007, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
but its soooo embarrassing when dad loses his temper with them.....:hiding:
I can imagine..............:D

Lina
03-07-2007, 10:01 PM

It also has to do with filling in questionaries, as soon as you fill in a questionnaire, you automatically 'sell' you number to tele sales companies.

(see: also website registration etc.)

You agree without having read the questionnaire carefully, and your number gets into those phonenumberslist companies buy, also private numbers.

A lot of phonecompanies also sell registrated phonenumbers.

That's how the company I worked for got their calling lists, by buying them of phonecompanies and others who sell their clients info.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.