/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can Muslims Immigrate....???

NobleMuslimUK
02-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Someone raised this point with me, that muslims arent allowed to settle down in non muslim countries, his main concern was with the muslims that own liquor stores, drive taxis where they transport people to and from pubs, clubs etc, also the fact the only way you can afford property is by taking out a mortgage, which of course is attached with a regular interest payment unless someone has enough cash to buy it. Children will be reluctant to follow Islamic values due to an upbringing in a western environment. He also added that muslims can only immigrate to spread Islam.

I would like to correct him if hes wrong. Any views?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
02-25-2007, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
Someone raised this point with me, that muslims arent allowed to settle down in non muslim countries, his main concern was with the muslims that own liquor stores, drive taxis where they transport people to and from pubs, clubs etc, also the fact the only way you can afford property is by taking out a mortgage, which of course is attached with a regular interest payment unless someone has enough cash to buy it. Children will be reluctant to follow Islamic values due to an upbringing in a western environment. He also added that muslims can only immigrate to spread Islam.

It is possible for a Muslim to earn an honest day of work and live life according to the teachings of Islam in a non-Muslim country.

Um_ahmad
02-25-2007, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
It is possible for a Muslim to earn an honest day of work and live life according to the teachings of Islam in a non-Muslim country.
Your right. I think everyone immigrated to non muslim countries for better oppertunities. And you can be a good muslim. (Opinion)

NobleMuslimUK
02-25-2007, 10:43 PM
What about countries like France where hijab is banned and I fear UK might take that road. Even in Turkey hijab is banned in publics places such as libraries and colleges, unis etc. He was stressing if you cant practise Islam fully because of laws and regulations you have to immigrate to a country where the full freedom is permitted. The interesting thing is some Molana on Islam TV was also saying earnings from Taxi's is haram too.
I am really confused. A brother from Jamaica was explaining when he was young, there was no Islam there, then they had a mosque and the Holy Quran but no one to teach them, then gradually they got scholars, the point is Islam will only spread somewhere if muslims immigrate there, are we wrong to be picky about where we immigrate just to prosper.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
02-26-2007, 05:06 AM
we need lots of muslim missionaries to help the muslim minorities with their islamic belief...

Um_ahmad
02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
i agree.

Woodrow
02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK

I can only speak about Texas. Even though I was not Muslim at the time, I bought 4 seperate proerties and Homes at various times without a mortgage and without interest. Texas has laws that provide for owner financing and under Texas law only a financial institue can charge interest. Quite a few people will sell with owner financing especialy if the sale is open to contract negotiations.

Children will be reluctant to follow Islamic values due to an upbringing in a western environment.
that will depend on the location. It is not uncommon to see Western youngsters reverting to Islam. we even have some on this forum. If non-Muslim children are seeking to revert, why should there be any reluctance for Muslim children with good Islamic teachings be reluctant to practice Islam.

concern was with the muslims that own liquor stores, drive taxis where they transport people to and from pubs, clubs etc,
In the cases where that happens I would question the reason why they immigrated. Those are not the only jobs available and not even the easiest jobs to get. Something is wrong with this picture. Less and less westerners are taking those jobs and more and more immigrants are coming specificaly to work in those fields. Something is wrong with that picture and I believe only the immigrant who takes those jobs can honestly say why he/she took it.

Akil
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
In America I believe the Muslim community should organize themselves politically to make sure the American government hears their voice. The reality of the capitalistic Republic that America has become is that those groups without lobbyists, voter organizations and political action comities are often ignored.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.