/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you transfer from ipod to computer?

Umu 'Isa
02-27-2007, 01:53 AM
:salamext:

I've recently been given an IPOD and I have no idea how to use it :embarrass. I want to transfer an audio file from my IPOD to my computer. How do you do it??

Jazaakum Allah khairan in advance.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Makky
02-27-2007, 04:48 AM
Your Ipod must has an USB connection ... which is like a printer cable , the Ipod is recommendly managed by Itunes ( a software ) .. with Itunes you can arrange files in the Ipod and you can even use some space in your ipod as a flash memory where you can save any types of files.

www.itunes.com

important note .. IPOD recognize only MP3's so if your audio file has .rm extention then you wont be able to listen to it on your IPOD

there are many softwares that convert rm files to MP3

when you connect your IPOD to your computer by the USB connection go to my computer there you will find a new hard ware found ...click on it then copy the file you want and paste it where ever you want on your pc

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-27-2007, 04:55 AM
:sl:

From iPod to computer? Try this:

iTunes allows only one-way synchronization of musics from computer to iPod, so if for whatever reasons such as need to reload your library on local hard disk due to desktop hard disk failure or buying new computer, you can easily copy back the video, music and song library from iPod on a Windows PC by following steps:
  1. Insert your iPod to a Windows PC USB or FireWire port. (PC should runs Windows XP or other Windows operating system).
  2. If your Windows PC still doesn’t have iTunes installed, skip this step. If iTunes is already installed and prompt a message on whether if you’d like to associate this iPod with this computer and deleting its content, click No. Or else you will lose your only copy of library on iTunes. Beside, ensure that ‘Enable Disk Use’ is selected.
  3. Open My Computer or Windows Explorer, the iPod should be automatically detected as a portable hard drive.
  4. Click on the iPod icon or the iPod portable hard drive letter to open the contents of the drive.
  5. If you don’t see a folder called “iPod Control”, it’s hidden and invisible. To unhidden it so that it’s visible, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> View, and then check (enable) the option “Show hidden files and folders.”
  6. Open the “iPod Control” folder, and then the Music folder.
  7. The Music folder contains the iPod’s music and videos, divided into folders. Copy the library to local computer hard drive’s My Music folder.
  8. The files copied have unintelligible four-letter file names. To reveal the names of the songs and other data tags, add the files to the Windows Media Player or iTunes libraries or switch to “Tiles” view in Windows Explorer.
  9. Rename the file if necessary.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/0...ithout-itunes/

Umu 'Isa
02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
:salamext:
Okay, I did it. Jazaakum Allah khairan brothers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
duskiness
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
there is also program called "ipod rip", you can download it from net.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.