/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ur Opinion Plz!

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 10:33 AM
:salamext:

http://www.al-basheer.com/cgi-bin/ca...001&type=store

^ i really want all my younger cousins/nieces/nephews to grow up with a deep understanding of the arabic language. Do you guys think (realise that they are all below 10) this would help further the progress greatly? i mean GREATLY?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
02-27-2007, 10:39 AM
:sl:

a friend of mine had something similar...when she was little, we used to learn together...the letters and all...it was fun...we were computer addicts...and since we didnt have anything else to do, we used the interactive CD thingamajig to learn arabic...it was fun and educational...so i'd say yup :thumbs_up.

:w:

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 10:42 AM
hmm it depends on what they are into...

being under 10 is good- children pick up languages fast but do you know Arabic yourself?
the best way to teach kids Arabic (or any other lango) is to speak to them in just that and nothing else
it will help u too

and u can start with simple sentences if ur not that pro urself

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM

i dont know it, i was planning to watch these myself...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
do you not know it at all? even if u know bits like how to say this is.. etc you can use a dictionary to add vocab

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
do you not know it at all? even if u know bits like how to say this is.. etc you can use a dictionary to add vocab

i know certain words, and just the absolute basic sentences such as "kayfa haluk" but if i was to hear a sentence then i'd most probably understand it. Yeah i try adding more vocab everyday... but i really just want to get serious about it and learn it all in like 6 months. Is that possible :?

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
yeah of course it is but it depends how you do it
I suggest the best way (I've experienced myself too) is that you practise speaking with someone even if u don't understand them and listening basically fully expose urself to the language and after that reading and writing are much simpler

ur in london right? wh don't u try one of those ibn jabal courses (3 weeks) level one will teach u all the main core grammar u need to know and then u can practise urself

have u got any arabic-speaking friends?

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
have u got any arabic-speaking friends?
nope but 3 of them are in egypt and learning, they speak arabic to me over the phone so that helps Alhamdulillah.

ibn jabal? is there any link or info sis?

jazakAllah khair, appreciate this

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 11:05 AM
http://www.ibnjabal.com/web/courses/england.html

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM

i saw this and got so happy:

EVERY SATURDAY

Course 'SOAS Spring' / London
Sat 17 Mar 2007 - Sat 23 Jun 2007
15 weeks part-time / 1 intensive class per week
Every Sat / 2pm - 5pm
(Timing flexible according to participant preference)
Venue School of Oriental and African Studies, Russell Square

and then i saw this:

UK FEES

LEVELS 1 AND 2

Standard organisation £950
Standard individual £450
Student £250
(Student fees are subsidised by The Ibn Jabal Foundation)

LEVEL 3

Standard individual £300
Student £200
(Standard individual and Student fees are subsidised by The Ibn Jabal Foundation)

LEVEL 4

Standard individual £250
Student £150
(Standard individual and Student fees are subsidised by The Ibn Jabal Foundation)

We do realise that the prices of our courses may be prohibitive for some. We encourage prospective applicants who are hesitating owing to the fees to contact us. While the fees for a number of our courses are already subsidised, we do give further consideration to genuine circumstances and value the imparting of knowledge more than pecuniary return.
non-the less, i might take this up with a few brothers. jazakAllah khair for your efforts its greatly appreciated.

this thread may now be closed :)

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
oh just forgot to mention about the prices!!- you can discuss them with bro Salman (the guy in charge) if u can't afford- he'll understand insha allah

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
oh just forgot to mention about the prices!!- you can discuss them with bro Salman (the guy in charge) if u can't afford- he'll understand insha allah
mashaAllah!

i can pay about a £100! im sure i can scrounge up that much. but i dont think my cousins can.... i hope he'll understand. i'll call him right now actually

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 11:20 AM
yes that should be ok Insha Allah but whatever you do GO FOR IT! its definately worth it masha allah

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:21 AM
i couldnt find a number :S but i sent this email

Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I hope you are well brother. Im emailing regarding the prices for the course which is starting at march, it is a bit over my budget and the budget of some of my cousins, brother if i try my best i might be able to afford a £150 inshaAllah. Please let us know if this is acceptable, i really wish to take this course as i have been meaning to learn this beautiful language for such a long time.

Wa alaikum ussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

do you think £150 is ok? :?

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
yes it should be ok Insha Allah we had the same prob when some people i know did the course but he was very understanding if u want i coul get his mobile for u? i'm sure my mum's still got it somewhere...

Helena
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
recently...there was a course running in east end.....am sure u are aware of it...

heres the link: http://www.tayyibun.com/ (just look over it inshAllah)...

find out more about it...if u want....

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
yes it should be ok Insha Allah we had the same prob when some people i know did the course but he was very understanding if u want i coul get his mobile for u? i'm sure my mum's still got it somewhere...
YES PLZ!!

jazakALlah subhanAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
recently...there was a course running in east end.....am sure u are aware of it...

heres the link: http://www.tayyibun.com/ (just look over it inshAllah)...

find out more about it...if u want....
jazakAllah khair sis
(Jan – May 2007)
doesnt that mean its already started :?

Helena
02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
jazakAllah khair sis doesnt that mean its already started :?
yeah thats the prob....it has started..guess am too late...shouldve posted it earlier.......it was a reasonbale price course.....u want to start a course this year rite?.....

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:33 AM

got it!jazakAllah wa barakAllahu feeki

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
yeah thats the prob....it has started..guess am too late...shouldve posted it earlier.......it was a reasonbale price course.....u want to start a course this year rite?.....
yea, its ok, im gnna start the ibn jabal course inshaAllah

IceQueen~
02-27-2007, 11:35 AM

got it!jazakAllah wa barakAllahu feeki
wa iyaaka amin

Helena
02-27-2007, 11:37 AM
yea, its ok, im gnna start the ibn jabal course inshaAllah
okie dokie.....no problemo......:)

inshAllah hope it works out for ya...inshAllah.....i'll be starting arbic course nxt year/i shud be.....

IbnAbdulHakim
02-27-2007, 01:23 PM

for anyone interested in the course i have the following reply Alhamdulillah:

Asslaamu Alaikum,

Alhamdulillah, we are always amenable to taking into consideration
participants' financial circumstances.

Our normal procedure is to ask applicants to complete a financial
circumstances form which will include a statement of how much they are
able to pay at present (which you say is £150). We then offer to waive the
rest of the fee so that they are able to do the course without suffering
financial hardship and not be in any debt to us. We also ask people to
consider in the future, if their financial circumstances improve (this
could be years later) voluntarily paying the amount waived to the Ibn
Jabal Institute as an act of charity with no obligation. We will not keep
any record of any money owed and will not do any follow up. This is merely
something we ask people to consider. We do it this way so that applicants
unable to pay the full amount at the moment are still able to do the
course without feeling that they are in debt. It also gives them a chance,
if and when they are in better financial circumstances, to make a
contribution to the project and become a benefactor to the Ibn Jabal
Foundation.

If you are ok with this arrangement, we can proceed on this basis. Please
complete an application form and on the form, request a financial
circumstances form. We will then send you the financial circumstances form
for you to return.

Take care

Wassalam

Salman

Helena
02-27-2007, 05:40 PM
erm wot about this:

http://www.islamicboard.com/arabic/3...nw-london.html

asian_gyal_4_lyf
03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Assalamu alaykum wr

As with anything, i would suggest learning Arabic one to one or with some kind of teacher. This will help in pronunication as the little ones can see the teacher's facial expressions & immitate accordingly.

Try this: http://www.islamchannel.tv/EventsInUK.aspx

The link shows Arabic Classes in the Uk, there should be one there in your vicinity insha'Allah. Hope i have helped you.

W/swr

IbnAbdulHakim
03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
jazakALlah khair for trying but im in london sis and those courses are for west yorkshire. However you've raised an interesting point, one to one would be nice...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.