/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'Trigger happy' US worries Putin

AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2007, 12:11 PM
'Trigger happy' US worries Putin

The president of Russia expressed concern yesterday about a "trigger happy" America as speculation mounted about the Bush administration's plans to attack Iran's nuclear sites.

In a televised exchange during a cabinet meeting, Vladimir Putin was told by his foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, that "predictions that strikes will be conducted against Iran have become more common, and this causes concern".

"Those who are discussing this topic include the US vice president [Dick Cheney] who said that he did not exclude such an option," he added.

In off-screen comments captured by the ITAR-Tass news agency, Mr Putin later asked Mr Lavrov: "What kind of strikes are we talking about – without UN Security Council sanctions?"

Mr Lavrov replied that "nobody who is discussing this is referring to such sanctions" but added that Russia would "do everything it can to achieve a negotiated solution".

On his trip to Australia last week, Mr Cheney said that the United States believed "it would be a serious mistake if a nation such as Iran became a nuclear power", and reaffirmed the Bush administration's policy that "all options are on the table" to deter Teheran.

Seymour Hersh, an investigative journalist on the New York Times, claimed on Sunday that the Pentagon had drawn up plans to attack Iran within just 24 hours' notice and was considering sending special forces into the country to conduct covert operations.

Mr Putin's remarks came as members of the UN Security Council agreed in London to consider new sanctions against Teheran, which refused to heed a UN deadline last week to stop enriching uranium.

The International Atomic Energy Agency said Iran had instead installed enriching equipment at its Natanz underground nuclear plant that would eventually lead to an "industrial-scale" operation.

He should worry about Checynya too.:rollseyes

Source The Telegraph

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Akil
02-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Putin should focus on his own country and how his immortal actions and those of his predecessors in Russia have restored totalitarianism and forged the roots of Islamic terrorism in Chechnya and Afganistan.

AvarAllahNoor
02-27-2007, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Akil
Putin should focus on his own country and how his immortal actions and those of his predecessors in Russia have restored totalitarianism and forged the roots of Islamic terrorism in Chechnya and Afganistan.
I love your signature picture dude! :statisfie

Akil
02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I am probably gonna get that on my back as a tattoo >.< :P I choose those eight religions because from what I can find on websites they are the 8 biggest in America.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
one man's terrorists are another man's freedom fighters I guess!
Can't have a unipolar world....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.