PDA

View Full Version : When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah



MinAhlilHadeeth
02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah


Shaykh Rabee ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee



When is lenience and when is harshness applied in Da'wah when interacting with people?


The standard in Da'wah is applying lenience, gentleness and wisdom, this is the basis may Allaah bless you.

There are those who oppose and deny the truth, you establish the evidence upon them but they refuse [to accept the truth], this is when you use refutations. If you were a ruler and he was a caller, you may discipline him with the sword (authority). This may lead to his execution if he is persistent in propagating his falsehood.

There are some scholars who hold the opinion that this person is worse than brigands. So he is to be advised and the evidence is to be established upon him. If he refuses to accept [the truth], the legislated authority is to punish him by imprisoning, banishing or even by executing him.

Al Jahm ibn Safwaan, Bishr al Mareesee, Al Ja'd ibn Dirham and others were sentenced to death, may Allaah bless you. This is the ruling of the 'Ulamaa over those who oppose and persist on propagating their innovations. If Allaah benefits them [through advice] and they return [to the truth], then this is what is intended.


Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maimunah
03-08-2007, 10:22 PM
mashaAllah, jazaAllah khayr.

:w:
Reply

Talha777
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Subhan Allah. By the way, who was Jad ibn Dirham?
Reply

snakelegs
03-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah
When is Harshness Applied in Da'wah


Shaykh Rabee ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee



When is lenience and when is harshness applied in Da'wah when interacting with people?


The standard in Da'wah is applying lenience, gentleness and wisdom, this is the basis may Allaah bless you.

There are those who oppose and deny the truth, you establish the evidence upon them but they refuse [to accept the truth], this is when you use refutations. If you were a ruler and he was a caller, you may discipline him with the sword (authority). This may lead to his execution if he is persistent in propagating his falsehood.

There are some scholars who hold the opinion that this person is worse than brigands. So he is to be advised and the evidence is to be established upon him. If he refuses to accept [the truth], the legislated authority is to punish him by imprisoning, banishing or even by executing him.

Al Jahm ibn Safwaan, Bishr al Mareesee, Al Ja'd ibn Dirham and others were sentenced to death, may Allaah bless you. This is the ruling of the 'Ulamaa over those who oppose and persist on propagating their innovations. If Allaah benefits them [through advice] and they return [to the truth], then this is what is intended.


Translator: Nadir Ahmad, Abu Abdul-Waahid
i think i am not understanding this, so please clarify.
you are talking about giving dawah - when the target refuses - are you saying his very refusal constitutes "propagating" his
belief system?
if so:
so much for no compulsion in religion.
so much for islam not being spread by the sword.
so you come to give me dawah all nice-like and when i persist in my kafir beliefs, my refusal is viewed as the same as propagating my unbelief?
unwillingness to revert is not the same as propagating "kafirism".
i think (hope) i missed something here because this contradicts other things i have read.
thanks.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
MinAhlilHadeeth
03-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by snakelegs
i think (hope) i missed something here because this contradicts other things i have read.
thanks.
Hi

Indeed you did.:) Lol. Obviously here propogating falsehood is not believing in it, and not spreading it amongst the people. That's a different matter all together. And the amount of punishment excercised by the ruler depends on the seriousness of what is being said - I presume.
Reply

Pk_#2
03-23-2007, 11:43 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

JazakAllah khair,

Nice threads sister :)

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Reply

islamic
10-28-2007, 04:52 PM
This is what I was talking about on some other thread sister Al Muwahhidah :) but anyway, nice thread.

Originally Posted by snakelegs
i think i am not understanding this, so please clarify.
If I invite you as non-muslim to Islam and you don't accept it is okay. If you go and talk nonsense about Allah and the prophet Muhammad and spread that message challenging me, its not okay.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-17-2007, 06:06 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 02:59 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!