/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serbia acquitted what a shame!!!

SATalha
02-27-2007, 02:47 PM
The world court yesterday acquitted the state of Serbia of responsibility for genocide in neighbouring Bosnia in the mid-1990s.
But in an unparalleled case concluded at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the UN's supreme judicial authority delivered a ****ing verdict on Serbia's role in the 1992-95 war, finding that Belgrade did nothing to prevent what the court described as an act of genocide at Srebrenica in 1995 despite its close links with and support for the Bosnian Serb military.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Serbian authorities stood by as almost 8,000 Bosnian Muslim males were massacred by the Bosnian Serb military at Srebrenica in July 1995 despite the full knowledge that mass murder was likely, the court found. Serbia had also failed to honour its international duty to apprehend those charged with genocide.
The court ordered Serbia to arrest General Ratko Mladic, the architect of the massacre, who, as a result of yesterday's decision, will almost certainly be found guilty of genocide if put on trial at the war crimes tribunal, also in The Hague.

The verdict, delivered by a panel of 15 international jurists headed by the British judge Rosalyn Higgins, was under close scrutiny since it was the first time the International Court of Justice, the UN's highest judicial organ and commonly known as the world court, had been asked to rule on whether a state was guilty of genocide. It was also the first time it had arbitrated a dispute stemming from the genocide convention, the treaty signed in 1948 as a result of the Nazi Holocaust of European Jewry.

Strikingly, the court ruled that the mass murder of almost 8,000 Bosnian Muslim males at Srebrenica at the end of the war in July 1995 was indeed an act of genocide, but that the widespread ethnic cleansing by the Bosnian Serbs mainly in 1992, when tens of thousands were killed and up to two million uprooted, was not.

This is a shame Serbia knew what was going on and this happens. What do you guys think is this justice for the Bosnian people?:cry:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/...022282,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khattab
02-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Very sad indeed but the real justice is yet to come

north_malaysian
02-28-2007, 07:28 AM
maybe a bosnian forummer can tell us what the bosnian thinks...

SATalha
02-28-2007, 11:48 AM
The amount of people that died in Bosnia is so tragic, there still findding graves. Most of the genreals that gave the direct command are still at large. No justice for our Brothers and sisters!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SATalha
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I dont think we need a Bosnian brother or sister to tell us what they think. These people that where murdered are they not our people? They where our brothers and sisters and it feel like to me that my brothers and sisters have been masacred with out any justice.

Al-Zaara
02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
I dont think we need a Bosnian brother or sister to tell us what they think. These people that where murdered are they not our people? They where our brothers and sisters and it feel like to me that my brothers and sisters have been masacred with out any justice.
Exactly.

But I think the brother meant to have the opinion of someone who has seen it or knows someone close who's been through this unjustice.

I understand, almost literally, what the people of Bosnia have gone through, the same does my family in Kosovo. SubhanAllah, I am still awaiting justice, not only for Bosnia or Kosovo, but for every human whom unjustice has striken.

Everything happens the way Allah it has written, only He will give us peace, if He so wills.

:sl:

Trumble
03-01-2007, 07:13 AM
They where our brothers and sisters and it feel like to me that my brothers and sisters have been masacred with out any justice.
Why? How does assigning responsibility for those atrocities to the Serbian state provide any 'justice' for the dead? The individuals involved, those actually responsible are either being hunted (which has no relevance to this decision), have been tried or are dead.

To me the judgment seems reasonable in view of what I understand to be the facts. According to the Court Serbia did know what was going on, but chose to do nothing. That's hardly an "acquittal". The Court just decided that it was not the Serbian state that directly instigated those atrocities.

north_malaysian
03-01-2007, 08:31 AM
I mean, when the Nazi killed zillions of people, it's not the crime act done Germany or Germans right.... only Nazis did that...

Thus, when Slobodan milosevic killed thousands of Bosnians, Croatians, Slovenians, Kosovars ... why should we accused Serbia? We should claim Slobodan Milosevic and his government did that crime... not a country... furthermore Milosevic is Montenegrin-born right? Should we accuse Montenegro too?

Many Serbs hated him... and dont support the genocides done by him..

But still, it just my opinion... and I'm not always right.

SATalha
03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I take your point, its not the state now. But their are so many guys out their escaping justice. i just wish that they would get more coverage, so that the victims could be remembered.

Al-Zaara
03-01-2007, 07:08 PM
:sl: and greetings,

Trumble and north_malaysian, true points and I agree with them aswell.

Although there were many Serbs who were against this, they weren't enough it seems. The bloodthirsty ones almost always win and cause destruction, while the 'good ones' suddenly seem helpless and can do nothing.

SATalha, brother, try not to despair... They will get their judgment by Allah (swt), He is the best of Judges.

Ma'salama

SATalha
03-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks...it always happens on a rainy day

kerpal_g
03-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Ok.

I think this is disgusting. It was not only the government responsible for the genocide. The Serbian military was 100% devoted to killing innoent civilians, preists from the Serbian Orthodox Churches blessed Serb special forces and troops before they went on massacres and raping sprees, KNOWING what they were about to do, and the general Serbian population supported everything that happened.

As I write these words, there is a song playing on Serbian radio which sings of how the Serbs will 're-create Srebrenica' and murder all the Bosnian Muslims. (I'll get the lyrics and translate it for anyone who wants)

It's not only the entire Serbia that is responsible, others had their hands in this mess also. Pretty much every Orthodox country supported the Serbs, especially Greek and Russian Orthodox. Not only that, but the UN was useless in protecting unarmed civilians. They allowed the Srebrenica massacre to happen, along with many other atrocities. And in the end, the UN awards Serbia with half of Bosnia and now Serbia has been acquitted of these atrocious actions.

The thing that puzzles me is, did the USA help the Muslims or not? I'm sure you know that Muslim countries, and Osama Bin Laden flooded Bosnia with arms and money, helping train the 5th Corps who were responsible for many Serbian soldier kills near the end of the war.

north_malaysian
03-02-2007, 07:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kerpal_g
Ok.

I think this is disgusting. It was not only the government responsible for the genocide. The Serbian military was 100% devoted to killing innoent civilians, preists from the Serbian Orthodox Churches blessed Serb special forces and troops before they went on massacres and raping sprees, KNOWING what they were about to do, and the general Serbian population supported everything that happened.

As I write these words, there is a song playing on Serbian radio which sings of how the Serbs will 're-create Srebrenica' and murder all the Bosnian Muslims. (I'll get the lyrics and translate it for anyone who wants)

It's not only the entire Serbia that is responsible, others had their hands in this mess also. Pretty much every Orthodox country supported the Serbs, especially Greek and Russian Orthodox. Not only that, but the UN was useless in protecting unarmed civilians. They allowed the Srebrenica massacre to happen, along with many other atrocities. And in the end, the UN awards Serbia with half of Bosnia and now Serbia has been acquitted of these atrocious actions.

The thing that puzzles me is, did the USA help the Muslims or not? I'm sure you know that Muslim countries, and Osama Bin Laden flooded Bosnia with arms and money, helping train the 5th Corps who were responsible for many Serbian soldier kills near the end of the war.
Dont know that....

How about Muslim Serbs (eg. Gorani), did they support the genocide too?

kerpal_g
03-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Dont know that....

How about Muslim Serbs (eg. Gorani), did they support the genocide too?
Of course not, Serbs hate Bosnians because they converted to Islam. They still refer to Bosnians as "Turks". But not all Serbs supported the genocide, there were in fact Serbs living in Bosnia who stayed and fought alongside the Muslims when it all began.

north_malaysian
03-02-2007, 07:31 AM
there were in fact Serbs living in Bosnia who stayed and fought alongside the Muslims when it all began.
Wow... I didnt know that......

Al-Zaara
03-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Ok.

True.

Pretty much what happens to every Muslim country that gets attacked, the attackers get away with it. Astagfirullah.

SubhanAllah, I didn't know about Bin Laden doing that... Very interesting.

SATalha
03-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Ok.

If what your saying is true than that is very sad. This track you talk about what are the lyrics. I wouldnt be suprised if there was wide spread support for those actions in Bosnia.

kerpal_g
03-03-2007, 04:59 PM
If what your saying is true than that is very sad. This track you talk about what are the lyrics. I wouldnt be suprised if there was wide spread support for those actions in Bosnia.
I will get the lyrics, translate and PM it to you.

vpb
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
SATalha, sis,
don't be suprised, same thing happened with Kosova, what they basiclly do, is they make Serbians look innocent at some point, and they make Bosnians look a little bit like 'terrorists' , so then they can say to you "now you are equal (you both have done bad things), so become friends now and will help you to get to EU", bc if they can't make both side equal then can't say that to you, bc they know you would say "after they did this to us , we're not gonna become friends so quickly".
so don't get suprised, they're not there to help us, they are here to rip us in every aspect (money, natural goods, etc etc)

P.S I am not saying that ALL serbians (100% of them) are bad people.

Al-Zaara
03-03-2007, 08:22 PM
:sl:

MashaAllah... I really agree with brother vpb.

I'm sorry if I am seeming biased, but that's how it's viewed at least from those in Kosova, who are there and experience the consqeuences of the choices the authority makes in their places, literally.

Maybe, somewhere in their hearts they do want to help, but it isn't clear anymore, in politics everything seems allowed and many people have become so selfish, that others will have to suffer for it.

Ma'salama

vpb
03-03-2007, 09:19 PM
when the massacre in Recak (in Kosova) happened, one of the biggest massacares in Kosova, the head of OSBE , William Wolker was there present at the place were the massacre was done, and he started crying, and guess what, after a little while, they brought somebody else instead of him. this just showed how mercifull are the people that are brought. they don't want people who have true feelings. they went that just follow the agenda and that;s it

I'm not saying that every single person that comes in Kosova or Bosnia has no intensions to help , bc there are good people, but they are very very few.

SATalha
03-05-2007, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb
SATalha, sis,
don't be suprised, same thing happened with Kosova, what they basiclly do, is they make Serbians look innocent at some point, and they make Bosnians look a little bit like 'terrorists' , so then they can say to you "now you are equal (you both have done bad things), so become friends now and will help you to get to EU", bc if they can't make both side equal then can't say that to you, bc they know you would say "after they did this to us , we're not gonna become friends so quickly".
so don't get suprised, they're not there to help us, they are here to rip us in every aspect (money, natural goods, etc etc)

P.S I am not saying that ALL serbians (100% of them) are bad people.
First let me tell you I am A bro :grumbling :grumbling :grumbling

I agree with you they are trying to put the Bosnians on equal level with the Serbs. Last year i was listning to a radio documentry on Serbs and Bosnians. They showed both sides where trying to forget what happened and build bridges. That made me very angry because most people in Bosnia still have no sorry or justice and they expect us to forget! :raging:

vpb
03-05-2007, 09:52 AM
First let me tell you I am A bro
\
sorry bro, for some reason i thought you were a girl :D:D:D:D

I agree with you they are trying to put the Bosnians on equal level with the Serbs. Last year i was listning to a radio documentry on Serbs and Bosnians. They showed both sides where trying to forget what happened and build bridges. That made me very angry because most people in Bosnia still have no sorry or justice and they expect us to forget!
yes, how about somebody that his whole family has been killed , and try to go and tell him "heyyy become friends now", or how many mothers don't have the bodies of their sons and husbands and relatives to bury them, bc they are dissapeared, and nobody cares.

SATalha
03-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Bro you dont know i felt like chewing my radio to pieces. FORGET we will never forget 8000 plus people that lost their lives.

SATalha
03-05-2007, 07:50 PM
I get the feeling that many people do not wish to talk about this issue, i can understand why. What good can come out of it? I dont know, I just dont want anyone to forget what happened. Inshallah bro and sis make dwa for them and all the other Mu-meens that have suffred.:cry:

vpb
03-08-2007, 07:45 AM
phh, even people who experienced war , forget the lesson they got from it, and still do the same things. i wouldn't be suprised if someone else forgets.

Abu Zakariya
03-24-2007, 12:13 AM
I heard another song where the lyrics were to the effect that the Muslims were killed as a punishment for leaving the cross (a reference to the conversion of Bosnians to Islam from Christianity) and that when the Serbs are finished there will be no more Muslims.

As for the verdict, I'm not surprised. When the war began, Yugoslavia inherited one of the most powerful armies of the world (top 5 I think) whilst the newly formed Bosnian government had to start from scratch, basicaly. What did the West do? They inforced a weapons embargo.The Muslims had to make their own weapons from household pipes while the Serbs, as I said, had inherited one of the largest armies in the world. And I should expect justice?

I would like to see that people learned something from this. The genocide of Muslims wasn't an accident. The Serb leaders (especially Karadzic) had been demonizing Muslims and threatening to annihilate us before the war started. The Serb general Mladic told the Dutch UN workers that the Muslims of the Netherlands would be next, before his troops went ahead and slaughtered around 8,000 Muslims in Srebrenica.
This should show the West what the demonization of Muslims can lead to. And I see it in Europe. Mosques being burned down, Muslims being attacked, caricatures of Muslims depicting them as terrorists, myths being spread about Muslims of how they want to take over the world, how they are a threat to the West how their religion teaches them to kill non-Muslims etc.
However, I doubt that people will learn from what happened in Bosnia.

Abdihakim
03-24-2007, 09:39 PM
very sad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.