/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My conversion to Islam...

SuperJatt
02-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Salaam'

A year has really flown past a year ago I converted to Islam - and everyone was making so much fun of me saying. Yeah right you're only doing this for a laugh or to piss your family off or for the Muslim sisters. etc. I got it all in Uni. Everyone saying to be 2 months down the line and you'll not be a Muslim.

But that never happened its been over a year I've been a Muslim, now the same guys think I am a Muslim extremist my nickname is "Jatt Omar" or "J.O" (after Mullah Mohammad Omar) the funny think is I used to make fun of the sisters in Hijab back in the day before I converted to Islam. Really bad stuff in fact I hated Muslim, i used to rip head-scarfs off Muslim sisters which used to walk past me. And not I smash kafirs up for taking the mick out of sisters.

Its funny all the non Muslims are so scared of me, I mean a 6 foot Jatt bold head and bearded with a Quraan in my hand! they get scared! lol

Now I am almost 24 and I am thinking about marriage, I say to my mom, Ami Jaan I want to marry an "oppressed" Muslim girl - the joke is, my mom saw a sister in a full burka she was like "poor girl shes so oppressed" had an argument about it with my mom telling her shes not "oppressed" but my mom still thought she was right. So now me and my mom kinda joke about it, she says to me "when are you going to find your self a nice oppressed Muslim girl to marry so you can boss her around" she jokes around like that. She says it to annoy me.

Anyway I want to know what have you guys been doing for the past year. And if you want to ask me any questions. I don't really have many Muslim friends. I only have two Muslim friends who are not really very good Muslims both of them are Pakistani (Jatts) and both drink and hardly ever prayer I have to drag them to jummah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Philosopher
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
What religion were you before?

- Qatada -
02-27-2007, 08:32 PM
:salamext:

lol! subhaan Allaah bro the description is next level. Maasha'Allaah, praise be to Allaah on your reversion init. :)

What made you want to become muslim anyway? What was the first step which made you want to come forward?

SuperJatt
02-27-2007, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
What religion were you before?
No religion. I was an atheist. Although my family were supposed to be Sikh however, my mom and dad are both professionals. And actually dismiss religion. There rants where Sikhs. Soon after marriage. Both of them had doubts to start with and both left Sikhism.

I am a Salafi Muslim though. First when I started I was liking Sufism. However then I realized it can't be right. I even had some Salafi friends so time back. My dad kicked them out of the house and called them wahbbi militants. LOl! he think I'm "just" a Muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SuperJatt
02-27-2007, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

lol! subhaan Allaah bro the description is next level. Maasha'Allaah, praise be to Allaah on your reversion init. :)

What made you want to become muslim anyway? What was the first step which made you want to come forward?
I used to dream with my eyes open. Honestly. My eyes used to be open when I was asleep. I realized this when one night I had a bad dream and I realized I was looking at the same part of my room, and when I was awake it was the same part of the room, it was just a slow transition. It just started having more depth.

And I thought what the hell I've been asleep but my eyes have been open.

So I thought I will look on the net. About it and I came across a Islamic website talking about Jinn's and Jinns sitting on you, and I found it interesting. So I thought I'll read more about it and I went came across websites about Sufism.

I started reading concept of Islam. And I started to like, it. But I hated Muslims I really hated Muslims. Man I used to beat Muslims up I put one Muslim throw a car window. Thats how much I used to hate Muslims. I used to like Muslim girls though, the relgious ones not the ****ty onces. And I always wanted to date one, and I knew this isen't never going to happen firstly am not a Muslim, and they don't just date.

So I thought, I've been reading about Islam, maybe I should just pretend I am a Muslim and chat a Muslim girl up like that. So I started learning more about Islam and I started liking it. And then after about 6 months looking into it hanging around with Muslim guys. And I just wanted to convert to it. And I just forgot about girls and everyhting.

And I've been a Muslim since then.

Maimunah
02-27-2007, 08:55 PM
mashaAllah
welcome to islam then

may Allah reward u ameen

wasalaamu aleykum wr br

- Qatada -
02-27-2007, 09:00 PM

Maasha'Allaah thats kool.. :) insha'Allaah we will all stay firm on emaan and die in a state which Allaah is pleased with us. ameen.

Woodrow
02-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Mashallah, It is always a miracle about the ways a person reverts to Islam. It is very seldom you will find a person who ever anticipated they would revert until they suddenly knew they were not changing anything, they had always been Muslim. The only choice was to begin living as one.

tomtomsmom
02-27-2007, 10:29 PM
What is a Salafi Muslim??

Pk_#2
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Mashallah, It is always a miracle about the ways a person reverts to Islam. It is very seldom you will find a person who ever anticipated they would revert until they suddenly knew they were not changing anything, they had always been Muslim. The only choice was to begin living as one.
:) i like the way u put that gramps,

Ameen to all previous dua's!

Welcome to Islam bro :D

Peace.

- Qatada -
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
What is a Salafi Muslim??

The people of the Salaf are the ones before us, the khalaf are the ones after. That's why the word Khalifah [Caliph] means successor.

We follow the Qur'an and Sunnah according to the understanding of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, and the salaf as-saalih [righteous predecessors] who followed their way. :)

Peace.

tomtomsmom
02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry I am not understanding. So is that a sect of Islam (certain beliefs) or just the way you practice(the way you act)? Or am I completely off base all together?

جوري
02-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Not a sect of Islam... 90% of Muslims are sunnis... the rest are factions who got creative.

Anyhow Mashallah Bros SuperJatt... I am So happy that you are Muslim.....
May you be an instrument to do G-D's work on earth and be granted the highest heavens in the hereafter!

akulion
02-27-2007, 11:18 PM
salam alaikum
masha'Allah good to hear bro
stay strong and dont let peoples comments get u down
bro aku

Ar-RaYYan
02-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Sorry I am not understanding. So is that a sect of Islam (certain beliefs) or just the way you practice(the way you act)? Or am I completely off base all together?
the salafi or sometimes known as the wahabbis are the orthodox sunnis.
(someone correct me if i'm wrong plz)

akulion
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
It is best to say I am a Muslim
because as demonstrated already in this thread - division and arguments start

جوري
02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
They are Sunnis.........
a wahabbi is a new term that everyone in the U.S. is suddenly so familiar with... every rabid news anchor lady says the term whilst hyper salivating and with such bravado like she has a clue which she is talking about!........ but take away the little microphone that whispers confidence in their ears and it all goes out the window.....
here is an article written by a Muslim Scholar about what a "whabbi" actually is! And in reply to one such reporter as mentioned above!

Response to The Washington Post

This is a letter that Dr. Idris sent to The Washington Post in response to the Article "Spreading Saudi Fundamentalism," where Dr. Idris' name was mentioned.. The letter was delivered to the Post by hand and via e-mail. The Washington Post did not publish his response.

Susan Schmidt’s report, (Spreading Saudi Fundamentalism), Thursday, October 4, 2003, is an example of writings about Islam that Muslims find very disturbing. They wonder what good does it serve the national interest of the United States to distort the facts about Muslim individuals, organizations, beliefs and positions, to see organizational links where none in fact exist, and to present all their honest activities as a threat to America?

The writer calls me an Imam, which I am not; I am a professor of philosophy. She groups me with what she calls salafi and ****** groups (her definition of which is ridiculous) while I consider myself to be an independent scholar who is not a member of any group or party or a blind follower of any leader; my only ultimate leader is Prophet Muhammad. I am certainly not a ******, and do not know of any scholar even in Saudi Arabia who calls himself a ******. There is no sect in Islam called ******sm. I did read some of Ibn Abdel Wahab’s works and I did write about him, but I never invited people to follow him, or any particular scholar or leader. I have great respect for him as one of our outstanding scholars, and the leader of a major revivalist movement. But still we do not accept every thing he says.

One might wonder why have the teachings of this man suddenly, and after more than two hundred years, become a threat to America? The answer is that what is now perceived by some to be a danger is not what is called ******sm. The epithet ‘******’ is now being exploited by many in America to describe any Muslim who takes his religion seriously. If you are a serious adherent to Islam, you are ******; if you are ****** you must be a terrorist; and if you are a terrorist you are a legitimate target. The message to practicing Muslims seems to be that if you are not like us you will not be tolerated by us. This is in essence is what the Senator, whom the reporter quotes, is saying. ******sm is a danger, we are told because it is “antithetical to the values of tolerance, individualism and freedom as we conceive these things.” Must everyone in the world conceive these things the way the Senator and his likes conceive them? If so then the problem is not confined to what is called ******sm. It is bound to include other Muslims, as well as all people who belong to other cultures; it is in fact bound to include many in the West since there is no consensus among them on the way these things are to be conceived. If your tolerance applies only to those who share your values and , further, conceive them the way you do, you will be making mockery of tolerance, which is by definition readiness to coexist peacefully with those who do not share your values. Thus in Islam a distinction is made between beliefs and believers. As far as beliefs are concerned there is absolutely no compromise: any belief that contradicts Islam is false, and must be criticized. But those who adhere to such false beliefs are to be tolerated, nicely treated and invited to the truth in the best of ways. It is because of this that Jews and Christians found their safest haven in the Muslim world long before the West started to talk about human rights and freedom of religion. “Jews familiar with history might note that from Spain to Baghdad, it was the Islamic world that offered the Jews of the Middle Ages a fair degree of toleration -- not the Christian West’, so tells us Richard Cohen in an article in the Post.; non-Muslims continue to live peacefully among Muslims. Islamic teachings, corroborated by our historical experience, teach us that the best atmosphere for the spread of Islam is the peaceful atmosphere. It is because of this that people like myself have been staunch advocates of peaceful coexistence and peaceful ways of inviting others to Islam long before September/11. And that is why we have been condemning acts of violence as ways of furthering the cause of Islam; we believe that they do just the opposite. But this has been of no avail to us; if you are an advocate of Islam, even by merely distributing copies of the Qur’an, you are bound to be viewed with suspicion. The same does not apply to organizations that put a copy of the Bible in every room of almost any hotel, not only in America, but in many other parts of the world.

We are determined however to stay this course. We know that being firm in our adherence to Islam has been one of the main reasons for its fast spreading.

Why is Islam expanding so spectacularly? … … … To any Christian familiar with the Bible, the answer is obvious: because God keeps His promises and blesses those who obey His Laws and fear Him, and punishes those who do not. … … Compare the amounts of abortion adultery, fornication and sodomy among Muslims and among Christians. Then compare the amounts of prayer. [Ecumenical Jihad, 1994, p.38]

These are the words of a Catholic professor of philosophy, Peter Kreeft. Could he perhaps be a Catholic ******?

Dr. Jaafar Idris

Washington Post article: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...Fundamentalism

لعربي: ـ المقالات مقالات جريدة الميثاق . معالم لنهضتنا . الكتب والبحوث . الندوات والمحاضرات العامة . اللقاءات الصحفية . تعريف بالشيخ

Skillganon
02-28-2007, 12:32 AM
:sl:

Thanks for the story bro superjaat.

Sis_ReNa
02-28-2007, 12:40 AM
Salam walkaum wa rhamatuAllah wa barkaoth,
mashAllah welcome to islam may Allah keep you strong in deen and iman,
you asked what we were doing this past year?
well i became a full time niqabi alhamduillah.
me and my family (of converts) have been learning our deen. and we are now concidering hijra and diggin our self out of snow alhamduillah LOL...
jazakAllah kirn for sharing i pray Allah protects you form shaytan and his whispers and the mischif of the people and kaffers ameen
Zakirah

format_quote Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Salaam'

A year has really flown past a year ago I converted to Islam - and everyone was making so much fun of me saying. Yeah right you're only doing this for a laugh or to piss your family off or for the Muslim sisters. etc. I got it all in Uni. Everyone saying to be 2 months down the line and you'll not be a Muslim.

But that never happened its been over a year I've been a Muslim, now the same guys think I am a Muslim extremist my nickname is "Jatt Omar" or "J.O" (after Mullah Mohammad Omar) the funny think is I used to make fun of the sisters in Hijab back in the day before I converted to Islam. Really bad stuff in fact I hated Muslim, i used to rip head-scarfs off Muslim sisters which used to walk past me. And not I smash kafirs up for taking the mick out of sisters.

Its funny all the non Muslims are so scared of me, I mean a 6 foot Jatt bold head and bearded with a Quraan in my hand! they get scared! lol

Now I am almost 24 and I am thinking about marriage, I say to my mom, Ami Jaan I want to marry an "oppressed" Muslim girl - the joke is, my mom saw a sister in a full burka she was like "poor girl shes so oppressed" had an argument about it with my mom telling her shes not "oppressed" but my mom still thought she was right. So now me and my mom kinda joke about it, she says to me "when are you going to find your self a nice oppressed Muslim girl to marry so you can boss her around" she jokes around like that. She says it to annoy me.

Anyway I want to know what have you guys been doing for the past year. And if you want to ask me any questions. I don't really have many Muslim friends. I only have two Muslim friends who are not really very good Muslims both of them are Pakistani (Jatts) and both drink and hardly ever prayer I have to drag them to jummah!

- Qatada -
02-28-2007, 12:44 AM

We understand the Qur'an and Sunnah according to how the companions of the Messenger of Allaah understood it. And there are many verses in the Qur'an and also sayings of the Messenger of Allaah which state that Allaah is pleased with these companions.

So in regard to beliefs - we have to have the same beliefs as them. Due to the fact that they had the right understanding [that's why God was pleased with them.] And if we follow their beliefs, we will be successful insha'Allaah (God willing.)

The reason why i'm stating this is because many people take the verses of God from the Qur'an, and the sayings of the Messenger of Allaah out of context and place them under their own interpretations - which usually leads to other sects being formed [which has already been prophecised by the Prophet.]

So by taking the understanding of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah, the way he (peace be upon him) taught them - then that is the way to success.

So as muslims, our beliefs have to be solid and according to how they understood what the Messenger of Allaah said. So for example - the companions of the Messenger of Allaah understood that Allaah has a Hand (as stated in the Qur'an and Prophetic sayings), other sects may claim that Hand means 'authority' or 'power.' But the companions understood that it is a real Hand of Allaah, the difference is we in no way compare this Hand to the creation because there is none like God.

Or the example which Allaah gives in the Qur'an that He is the All Hearing All Seeing, and there is none like Him. [So we don't compare His Seeing and Hearing etc. to the creations because we only have a limited understanding, and we can't compare Allaah's attributes to the creations.]

Hope you understand. And Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

shible
02-28-2007, 12:50 AM

Hope to see this miracle happening more on European and American Countries more than Asian Countries.

Welcome to the Family Bro,

But i was wondering when will the Asians Wake-up from their sleep or When will they have the courage to face the world with the new identity.

Yet Allah is the One who knows the heart of his creations.

But i also heard a Rumor that People in China are now getting more attracted towards Islam.

yet a Rumor is a rumor........

we shall look out for the sources

Insha Allah

:w:

Islam_sister
02-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Asalaam Alaykum:D

Masha'allah.. Thats good my brother. Congrats on your reverison to ISLAM.. You've made a Wonderful choice:D May Allah reward you my brother.. Ameen.. Ameen to all the Duas..

Ma Salaama

Muslim Woman
02-28-2007, 01:24 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

format_quote Originally Posted by SuperJatt
Salaam'

Now I am almost 24 and I am thinking about marriage,

u may take help of marriage sites :statisfie

And among His signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves,

that you may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between

your hearts. Undoubtedly, in these are signs for those who reflect."

(Quran 30:21)

http://www.islamonline.net/Matrimoni...sh/Browse1.asp

another site:

http://www.shaadi.com/registration/u...my-profile.php

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
02-28-2007, 01:57 AM

Masha'Allah brother. Thats wonderful. Allah guides whom He Wills.
Masha'Allah. May Allah(swt) keep you steadfast on the deen and make you and your coming generation amongst the righteous Insha'Allah, Ameen.

Can't we just call ourselves Muslims...it saves a lot of confusion. Then people think its a sect or whatever. I just get confused reading stuff like that. So I just leave it and try be a proper and the best Muslim I can be, Insha'Allah.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.