/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Two Tough Questions

Woodrow
02-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I would say this is more directed to us Americans and hopefully it will give us food for thought. Something for people in all nations to think about.

Please click on the link to see the short video:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...onsfromwww.flv

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
shible
02-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Well my answer for the first question was no to abortion since it was the will of the woman who was desperately searching for a meaning

for the second my answer was to elect candidate A

tomtomsmom
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Brother Woodrow your posts always make me think! (sometimes to the point that my brain hurts:D )

For the first question: I would never suggest anyone have an abortion. That is a personal decision that must be made. Everyone's circumstances are different so you never really know...

The second question: I would vote for canidate A. My reasoning is that all politicians are crooked anyway. If one says that he isn't then he is lying.
Canidate B has already been kicked out of office twice so it makes you wonder just what is goin on with him.
Canidate C sounds too good to be true. Someone that "clean" is sure to have some scary skeletons in his closet!!

MTAFFI
02-28-2007, 07:46 PM
woodrow

i have to say that was a pretty cool little deal that you found there

I chose candidate b, because he drank at night rather than the day, because what people do in college doesnt bother me, and because he had been kicked out of office before but since it didnt say why I didnt hold it against him.

I will say I said to have an abortion and I would have probably killed Beethoven. I do not believe in abortion, but in an extreme case like this or a rape, I would say it is up to the mother, but if it were me I would have gotten myself fixed after the first or second child.

As for the little tid bit on congress, that is hilarious they must all have been democrats.... :lol: just kidding

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
02-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I chose no for the abortion question

I didn't think the leader question was very well designed. I understand the larger philosophical point it was trying to make, but I'm against voting on the basis of percieved character in the first place.

As for the bit about Congress. This may seem strange, but I don't see those statistics as being particularly alarming. They are supposed to represent the American people, but they will have all the faults and imperfections as the population as a whole. Yes, we as voters should attempt to vote in honest representatives, but even the most well meaning individual can make mistakes. Not saying those figures are a good thing, just not that alarming to me.

Woodrow
02-28-2007, 09:27 PM
To me I found the clip to show that all people are human each of us has good and bad traits. In order to make any decisions regarding people we need to look at the entire person and not just a few views.

Count DeSheep
03-01-2007, 01:44 AM
I'm e-mailing that one to...uh...somebody. I don't have anyone to send it to, but when I do, I will. My Civics teacher should really look at that...

Thanks Woodrow. You and your brains heif dun'd it again. =D

Chuck
03-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks Woodrow, this is good. I'll post it on other forum.

Q1, I choose no abortion, cuz I don't know who this abortion would kill.

Q2, it was tough. I don't think I had the proper information to vote for any of these candidates.... basically, the information given can't be used to access leadership quality of any of these candidates. I mean Clinton cheated, but I'll vote for him because he is a good leader and good for the country. But if I had to make a choice, I'd have voted for candidate C.

Ninth_Scribe
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would say this is more directed to us Americans and hopefully it will give us food for thought. Something for people in all nations to think about.
That's my favorite video! The video equivilent of the written text: The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

While I didn't kill Beethoven, I actually did vote for Hitler :confused:

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.