PDA

View Full Version : cast system AHHHHHHH



HIJABI***
03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
:sl:
i just wanted to ask about the cast system
hw many of u believe it is important?? and if so do u believe that u r higher than others?? or even lower for that matter????
becoz i came across sum1 who started talking about cast and how shes seen as higher than others becoz shes a "RAJA" and it just made me think whats happening to the muslim ummah cast shouldnt make u believe ur higher or lower then any1!!! actually saying that theres so many families i know that wont marry into a different cast coz their a "higher" cast i mean we'r all muslims and thats totally against Islam!!! wouldnt u agree??

anyway wt r ur views on this???
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
muslimah_786
03-01-2007, 02:10 PM
in our ISLAM caste should not be a problem whatsoever, aslong as the person is a good practicing muslim, that is what shud matter, caste is a major issue within culture, mainly the pakistani culture where they look at what caste a person is, as u said sister, 'raja', but personally i think that caste shud not be a problem, in ALLAH's eyes we are all humans, he doesnt judge us of what caste we are but what kind of muslims we are, he doesnt look at who's high or low in caste but looks at whos got deen and who hasnt, i hope my opinion helps u sister.
Reply

HIJABI***
03-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by muslimah_786
in our ISLAM caste should not be a problem whatsoever, aslong as the person is a good practicing muslim, that is what shud matter, caste is a major issue within culture, mainly the pakistani culture where they look at what caste a person is, as u said sister, 'raja', but personally i think that caste shud not be a problem, in ALLAH's eyes we are all humans, he doesnt judge us of what caste we are but what kind of muslims we are, he doesnt look at who's high or low in caste but looks at whos got deen and who hasnt, i hope my opinion helps u sister.

jazakhallah sister i totally agree at the end of the day we'r al muslims!!!!
Reply

chacha_jalebi
03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
cast system is exactly the same as the sunni shia stuff,

we all muslim,\we all believe in Allah (swt) and his Rasool (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam), we all believe the Quran is the truth, so why do we differentiate, we all have blood in us, all have eyes, feet, nose, everythin is the same, so how is some one better then the other?

the only thin that makes one person betta then another person is their deen :D and only Allah (swt) knows who has heavy belief :D
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
hissa
03-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Are you talking about the caste system in India?
Reply

strider
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
cast system is exactly the same as the sunni shia stuff,

we all muslim,\we all believe in Allah (swt) and his Rasool (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam), we all believe the Quran is the truth, so why do we differentiate, we all have blood in us, all have eyes, feet, nose, everythin is the same, so how is some one better then the other?

the only thin that makes one person betta then another person is their deen :D and only Allah (swt) knows who has heavy belief :D
Actually i beg to differ. A caste system being a hierarchy suggests that some people are beneath others. Sects like Shia and Sunni do not work like that.
Reply

Sabbir_1
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
anyway wt r ur views on this???
Who r raja's.. i dont think of them higher or lower than anyone... Its just dividing the muslims.... we are already divided but these stupid people making it worse..
Reply

strider
03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by khalil27
Who r raja's.. i dont think of them higher or lower than anyone... Its just dividing the muslims.... we are already divided but these stupid people making it worse..
That's what happens when people take aspects of their culture which are at odds with their faith and give them more significance.
Reply

NobleMuslimUK
03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
To some narrow minded and ignorant people caste system matters a lot. In general Pakistanis and Mirpuri's take this system very seriously and I cant believe it some of these people have their education and degrees and high paid jobs, but still hold such backwards views. I guess its the Hindu way of life that has rubbed off on us when it comes to a lot of things. Of course in India this is part of the Hindu religion, since there was only India before. I can understand why the mirpuris (Kashmiris) follow this casting system even more, they are still trying to liberate from India. But its so stupid, I had a friend who couldnt marry someone because parents disagreed, due to difference in caste, at least the person was a muslim, I guess that doesnt hold any value with such blind people.
Reply

snakelegs
03-01-2007, 11:06 PM
this is something i will never understand. people leave hinduism but the caste system seems to carry over even tho it is against islam (and sikhism too).
it's a horrible leftover from hinduism and belongs in the garbage.
i guess cultural things are just not that easily gotten rid of.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-18-2009, 07:30 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2006, 01:26 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 06:33 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 05:24 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 07:04 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!