/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gpu 2007?

afriend
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
:sl:

Was just passing through Islam Channel today, they want votes to decide if it should be in August Bank Holiday or November.

Check it out. I hope they make things nice and Islamic this time around :) No concerts lol

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
03-01-2007, 09:43 PM
i want them to bring some sheikhs man, like sheikh saleh aal talib :D that wud b a hevy GPU :D

Beblessed
03-01-2007, 09:48 PM
hahah inn i wud want sheikh ajmi, ghamdi, shuraim, sudeisi and as u said saleh talib and some more sheikh with their beautiful voices for reciting Qur'an :D :D I wish!! am dreaming lol

afriend
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
So no specification of when you would like it to be? I personally think August would be a good idea because it will be summer, we kids wont have any school and summer holidays get boring after the second or third week. However many people will be abroad, we can't have that, can we? lol

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend2
03-02-2007, 11:08 PM

I'm all for August because last year I was so cold, I think I was wearing two coats for the first day! :uuh:

Helena
03-02-2007, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia

I'm all for August because last year I was so cold, I think I was wearing two coats for the first day! :uuh:
sis ur not online on msn...we've talking to do...lol

erm i prefer august time aswell....as it is summer holiday...better i guess..mite vote or something.....

dream gurl
03-02-2007, 11:13 PM
sorry not understanding u what is Gpu of 2007 :eek:

IbnAbdulHakim
03-02-2007, 11:17 PM
GPU = Global Peace and Unity event.

if jalal ibn saeed's there i wouldnt mind goin, i just love that bro :)

time - meh!

sry iqram but lol it dont matta 2 me :p

afriend
03-03-2007, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
sry iqram but lol it dont matta 2 me :p
Doesn't matter?? Well I guess you're just free 24/7 nani bhai? :p

You'd better be there this year cos I don't think I can make it to the QM dinner :hiding:

'Abd al-Baari
03-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Salams

Where is the event held?

The Ruler
03-03-2007, 12:21 PM

hmmm...interesting...when's the bank holiday in august :?...if its before the GCSE results, i'll be having tummy aches...if it after, i'll probably be depressed...hmmm :hmm:

and they should have recitors like sa'd al ghamdi, shuraim and sudais to reicte instead of nasheeds. especially sa'd al ghamdi's surah nisa. plus for entertainment, if nasheed is soo needed, they should get ahmed bukhatir, zain bhika and DWA. no 786. :hmm:...but that's going to decrease the number of young girls' population :mmokay: +o(...:rollseyes:

afriend
03-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Where is the event held?
It's usually held at Excel, near docklands and all that...Which is in London. :-\

and they should have recitors like sa'd al ghamdi, shuraim and sudais to reicte instead of nasheeds. especially sa'd al ghamdi's surah nisa. plus for entertainment, if nasheed is soo needed, they should get ahmed bukhatir, zain bhika and DWA. no 786.

...but that's going to decrease the number of young girls' population

:
lol...

Ar-RaYYan
03-03-2007, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+

hmmm...interesting...when's the bank holiday in august :?...if its before the GCSE results, i'll be having tummy aches...if it after, i'll probably be depressed...hmmm :hmm:

and they should have recitors like sa'd al ghamdi, shuraim and sudais to reicte instead of nasheeds. especially sa'd al ghamdi's surah nisa. plus for entertainment, if nasheed is soo needed, they should get ahmed bukhatir, zain bhika and DWA. no 786. :hmm:...but that's going to decrease the number of young girls' population :mmokay: +o(...:rollseyes:

all those people were there last year and hope they will get them this year too inshallah except of course 786- (oh God remember those girls :uhwhat ya Allaah )
personally August is the best time for the concert

The Ruler
03-03-2007, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ar-RaYYan
(oh God remember those girls :uhwhat ya Allaah )
dont or i'll puke :mmokay:

afriend
03-03-2007, 12:33 PM
oh God remember those girls

ya Allaah
What happened, exactly? I wasn't paying attention.

The Ruler
03-03-2007, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
What happened, exactly? I wasn't paying attention.
*wolf whistles*...aaaaaaaaaaaah *shouts**screams*...ring a bell?

afriend
03-03-2007, 12:49 PM
ooh, right. I must have been sleeping. It was 786 after all.

They should have lectures on both days and have a few nasheeds in between the lectures to keep the crowd awake.

'Abd al-Baari
03-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Salams

It's usually held at Excel, near docklands and all that...Which is in London
Jazakallah bro, quite far from where i am but inshallah ill try and go, especially if there any Imams of Haramain there

Maarya
03-03-2007, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by +*Rooh*+
*wolf whistles*...aaaaaaaaaaaah *shouts**screams*...ring a bell?

yh, they got flown here from america last year and they got kicked out of the concert hall and werent allowed to enter coz of the girls. it was up north somewhere, birmingham or manchester i think

Helena
03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
erm GPU2007 demonstrate alot of promises...ppl expect alot....somehow and someway....it turns out to be totally the opposite.....

but hoping it to be bank holiday August inshAllah..as its summer holiday and nice way ending the holiday i guess...

as it will be easier for ppl whom are not living in london can live with their cousins or something....

Plus we are planning to hajj this year inshAllah which will take place in early december.....cant wait.....inshAllah...

PLZ do pray.....:D

H4RUN
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
inshaAllah i can give anyone a lift there:D

Just a few issue to clear up...number 1- i shall have a great big bass box fitted in the car for no apparent reason the day before the event..thats the back seats gone [not even connected:p]...leaves space for 1...:p..oh and number two i'll be bringing along a erm microwave to warm up the food IF it goes cold there:p so consequently no space in the car, especially if i get ma mini:D

Ahh make ya own way there:p lot simpler lol
Iqram, easy yeh this year dot dot dot

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.