/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just wondering

Gaf_G
07-22-2005, 10:58 AM
How many of u while u working, strolling down the street, lieing in bed, making tea in the kitchen, hovering the living room etc etc start sreciting quran or singing a nasheed or humming the tune of some song u claim never to have heard. im sure u guys all do it come on own up. hope u guys dont be humming tunes in ur head during salaat......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
WomanOfJihad
07-22-2005, 11:25 AM
:sl:

How can we be humming a tune whilst in salah . thats a bit impossible ... oh unless prayin in Jamaat and rather then listening to the imam u just b in ur own wrld. that makes sence.

:w:

Gaf_G
07-22-2005, 11:46 AM
i dont suppose u sing nasheeds while walking down the street then

Muezzin
07-22-2005, 02:34 PM
What's even worse than humming a tune in salaat?

Reading salaat to a tune.

'And please welcome our guest Imam, Michael Jackson'

Goodness gracious.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TEH
07-22-2005, 03:19 PM
I got --- yesterday from my dad, and he made me clean up the garden, and this was like at midnight, and so i went out, started cleaning and started singing really loudly zain bhikhas stuff...

:D

Needess to say, I got --- for that too...

Z
07-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

I normally recite Quraan whilst doing school work, and maybe like if I'm waiting for the bus or train. It's happened so many times that I be waiting for my ride and I be thinking about 'worldly' things, and then all of a sudden I feel I should praise Allah instead whilst waiting. I don't even pray a few subhan Allah's and the ride arrives already. Seriously.

Muezzin
07-22-2005, 03:43 PM

Allah (swt) must have listened to your prayers, bro 35Oz, for a punctual bus is a miracle indeed.

Z
07-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Yep, it happens like nearly everytime.

I said something wrong in my post? It's been edited and no reason displayed? Khair.

Muezzin
07-22-2005, 03:58 PM

The 'b' word used is derived from a erm... offensive term for parts of the male reproductive system.

crazy
07-22-2005, 05:26 PM
yep alwys happens 2 me but wid me i need 2 lison 2 a nasheed while doin som work, evn NOW while i'm typin i'm lisnin to some nasheeds!!!!!!!

Gaf_G
07-22-2005, 05:41 PM
how bout singing naasheeds or praying in ur sleep heh heh that'll be something.

Muezzin
07-22-2005, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gaf_G
how bout singing naasheeds or praying in ur sleep heh heh that'll be something.
Indeed it would. I'm told I make strange sounds in my sleep.

Sounds like 'Dunnwannagerrup' and 'goway'

Pinkrose
07-22-2005, 07:03 PM

~looool~ ^^^

I only sing nasheeds when i am cooking or cleaning or just sitting around being bored!! :D

Otherwise singing while i am making prayer is sorta impossible for me!!

:w: :wilted_ro

xkl
07-22-2005, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pinkrose

Otherwise singing while i am making prayer is sorta impossible for me!!

:w: :wilted_ro
impossible for me as well. ;D

Angel24
07-22-2005, 08:30 PM

for me i always sing 99 names of Allah....
when working at home or waiting for the bus.....
i don't know all of them just half....

Mr. Baldy
07-22-2005, 08:48 PM
aslaam alkyum,

hmmm yeah i always with the nasheeds, cooking, cleaning, walking, 'sleeping', creating e.t.c

if there isnt something playing on my PC the sounds not woking or its off.

wa alkyum aslaam

ummnoura
07-22-2005, 11:29 PM
I was singing Dawud Wharnsby Ali when i read this one. I get that line... Allahhumma Sulliallah Mohammed Yarub Rabbi Allimeen stuck in my head. I love that song.

I seem to sing without knowing im doing it. So its hard to remember when i do it. I always like to have some type of Nasheed or quran playing when i am cooking and before bed.

Anyone have a favorite Nasheed?

kristy :sister:

aamirsaab
07-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Favourite nasheed? GHORABA! - slow version :D

junna1
07-23-2005, 02:40 AM

I sing nasheeds sometimes, but I recite Quran more. I never of course recite nasheeds in salah :omg: Never. :omg: Not while I am out of the house of course. :thumbs_up

erol
07-23-2005, 06:21 AM
Esselamu Aleykum.i Am Very Happy Because With You And Sharing Good Things With You.

Ra`eesah
07-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

yes i find myself at times reciting a certain ayah... and i sit and ponder about it for a while...

Silver Pearl
07-23-2005, 07:02 AM
:sl: warahmatullahi wabarakatu,

Yes i just randomly start reciting ayats from the Qur'an depending on which surat is in my thoughts. Nowadays i'm obssesed with surat Maryam, espically the ayat "Ya Zakariya ina nubasheeruka bikhulamee nismuhu yahya...." :love:

Gaf_G
07-23-2005, 10:50 AM
i never mentioned when i sing n recite i usually recite whilst in the kitchen making Tea, roti or breakfast. i usually sing nasheeds at the bus stop on one occasion me n another brav entertained the ppl waiting at the bus stop with nasheeds heh heh (well we were entertaining another bro who never heard half the nasheeds but we said em loud enuff for others to enjoy)

nafy
07-25-2005, 10:31 AM
lolz
im always singin nasheeds!!....ma sis's find dis quite annoying actually! ;)
but not during salah...or whilst reading the quran!! no way!!
i lyk Zain Bhika n Sami Yusuf,n Mesut Kurtis n 786...
i cud go on!...but i wont ;)
lol
hehehehe
xxx

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-25-2005, 02:14 PM

To be honest, i hardly ever listen to Nasheeds. They are good but i find the Quran more pleasent and soothing.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
07-25-2005, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rsx
Never!

yp, ASTOUNDING as it may sound, i love listening to the Quran and i am a-d-d-i-c-t-e-d. And Alhamdullilah im really happy im addicted to it also.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.